Knight's Title: Book Two~ The Dark Side of His Heart. Finished redecorating {Updated 5/28/10}

Fen.

What do you think of this Fanfic  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this Fanfic

• OH MY GOD!!!! I love it! Keep it coming please!!
    • Wow, impressive. This is not that bad.
    • Meh, it could use a bit of work.
    • MY EYES!!!!! IT BURNS!!!!

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here we go, this chapter took a while to write, because my Writer's block kicked in about here.........

[spoiler= Chapter 14: An Answer]

Chapter 14

An Answer

Hermione’s heart caught up in her throat. She opened up the door, feeling dizzy. She nearly collapsed right there in front of Edward. She just stared dumbstruck into his lemon eyes, her own eyes darting from his face to his straw blonde hair. They looked like his.

“What did you just say?” Hermione gasped, brushing away tears.

“I can actually save him Hermione; it isn’t too late to do so,” Edward said to Hermione, he knew he was hitting her hard with this new info, “I have the power to do so. I’m an Alchemist; I can transform things out of the same things, watch,” And Edward took a pillow on the floor and ripped it in half.

“HEY!” Hermione protested. Edward ignored her. He placed the ripped pieces on the floor in a neat order. Edward then clasped his hands together as a blue energy crackled through his hands and lit up the pillow pieces.

Then the pillow exploded, sending feathers all over the place. Hermione gave Edward a cold glare. Edward held his hands up in apology.

“That’s not what’s supposed to happen. . . . . .” He said sheepishly. He then gasped realizing what he had just done. His right sleeve on his coat slid downwards. Where skin was supposed to be was cold metal. He had a metal arm. Hermione took a step back in shock.

“You- your arm, it’s . . . . . . . not real!” Hermione gasped. Edward sighed, defeated, and removed his coat, boots, and pants. Hermione shrieked at what she saw next. Edward’s entire left leg was made of metal, all the way up to his left hip. And his entire right arm and shoulder was made of the same material of his leg.

“That’s right. Edward Elric, more better named, The Full Metal Alchemist.” He said to Hermione. She just stared at him, her mouth so open, flies could buzz right in.

“You, you can put your clothes back on now,” Hermione said breathlessly. Edward did so.

“So, how exactly did that happen to your arm and leg?” Hermione said, watching Edward as he dressed himself.

“It was a . . . . . . . . . . mistake me and my brother made. We tried to bring our mother back to life with alchemy. We wad everything, her ashes, her tears, her clothes, her blood, OUR blood, it was all there! But we forgot one thing, her soul. . . . . . . . we had forgotten that and we payed dearly for our petty mistake. The transmutation must be perfect, an eye for an eye as they always say. So, the gates took my right leg and my brother Alphonse’s whole body. I then sacrificed my right arm to the gates to bind Al’s soul to a suit of armor nearby. Those five minutes changed my life Hermione, forever.” Edward said solemnly. Hermione was leaning against the post of her door, a look of deep thought on her face.

“But like I said, that was a long time ago, I’m stronger now. I could probably bring Kellach back to you.” Edward said with confidence. Edward put his fleshed hand on Hermione’s left shoulder, his metal one on her right.

“You can trust me Hermione, I’ll bring him back.” Edward said with as much kindness as he could muster. Hermione took a breath. She calmed herself down a bit before she spoke.

“You know how much that would mean to me,” Hermione said with a smile on her face. Edward smiled back and stared at her,

“But,” Hermione added, now looking a bit serious, “you can’t bring the dead back to life . . . . . . . . . . you of all people should know that.” Hermione said slowly. She was gazing at the metal arm that held her like a calm angel. Edward was still looking at Hermione.

“Even if you could do that Ed, isn’t reviving the dead forbidden?” Hermione said, a small spark of anger rising in her.

“It would be our little secret,” Edward said meekly. Hermione looked taken aback. Her decision was now made.

“I’m not letting you turn Kellach into some sick, private project-,”

“It’s not a project, it’s alchemy-,”

“Alchemy can’t solve everything. You need to learn that-,”

“Alchemy is the answer to all problems, it never fails-,”

“Oh yes it does!”

“That’s just in very rare occasions!” The two were shouting at each other.

“It happens most of the time Edward!!”

“IT’S RARE!!!!”

“WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!”

“BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING EXCRICUATINGLY DIFFICULT!!!!!!” Edward shouted at her, “Why are you crying?”

“Because you’re being an jabroni. . . . . .” Hermione muttered under her tears.

“I am not!” Edward gasped. Hermione’s tears disappeared and turned into blind rage.

“YOU ARE NOT using alchemy on Kellach!”

“And why not?!”

“Because you would turn him into your dead mother!!!!!!!” Hermione then bit her lip, she had gone too far. She watched Edward worriedly for his reaction. Edward’s eyes were wide, his face turning red with rage, or embarrassment, she did not know. He then raised his hand to pat her on the back. Then without warning, he struck his metal hand against Hermione’s face. She was sent backwards and slammed against the closed door.

“You. . . . . . . . . you hit me,” Hermione whimpered. Edward just glared at her with venomous hate.

“Next time you slander her name, you won’t be so lucky,” and he strode off in a huff. All she could hear was his footsteps clanking down the stairs. Hermione slid her back against the wall and slid to the floor, her head cradled in her hands. She was crying, not just because of the searing pain in her cheek, but she was also confused. She had angered both Neji and now Edward. She sighed, wiping away some of her tears.

“Damn, it seems like my anger is getting the better of me these days,” She wiped the last of her tears away, and walked down the hallway, and ran right into Arya. Arya’s hands flew up into the air and she dropped what she had been carrying. The two girls fell to the floor.

“I’m so sorry Arya!” Hermione sputtered quickly.

“Oh, it’s ok,” Arya said with a smile. She bent down and picked up a heavy silver book.

“What is that?” Hermione asked curiously, eyeing the book.

“Oh, Edward left it lying around on the couch, so I went up here to bring it back to him.” Arya said shyly. She hen noticed the red, sore mark on Hermione’s cheek.

“Oh dear god! What happened to you?” She asked concerned.

“Oh this?” Hermione asked, pointing to her face, “It’s just an allergic reaction to Amy’s cooking,” Hermione laughed.

“I hear ya,” Arya added, “That girl should stick to reading Seventeen!” She laughed back. Hermione then looked at the book’s cover.

“Hey Arya, give me that book,” Hermione demanded to Arya. Arya politely handed Hermione the book. She studied the cover. There was an odd symbol on the front. Hermione instantly gasped and threw the book on the floor as if it ware on fire.

“Organization Xlll!” Hermione screamed out loud, scaring Arya. The book landed with a thud and landed on a specific page. Hermione and Arya both gasped. It was a picture of Axel, in full lifelike detail. That wasn’t the weird part. It was like a hologram. A full image of Axel was hovering over the book’s pages, like it was an overhead. Hermione then read the book’s page out loud.

“Axel, The Flurry of Dancing Flames. Number VIII in the Organization. Although he has a fiery temper in battle, Axel is one of the calmer ones in the Organization. . . . . . . . oh my god!” Hermione turned the page, “Marluxia the Graceful Assassin, Larxene the Savage Nymph. . . . . . . . this is like their log book!” Hermione yelped.

“We have to show this to Edward!” Arya yelled back. The girls instantly leapt to their feet and headed for the third floor. They found him in the fifth floor hallway and they nearly tackled him to the floor. The three fell over.

“What do you want?!” Edward groaned, clearly still ticked off at Hermione. Hermione leapt at him and threw the book in his face.

“We found their log book! It explains everything, their location, about every member, even a code of conduct! Now we can save your brother, we can save him Kellach!” Hermione shouted out loud. Edward looked confused. Hermione realized what she had just said.

“Edward, we’ll find your brother, Edward,” Hermione corrected herself. Edward then tore the book out of her hands and read it to himself.

“So, where exactly did you find this book Edward?” Hermione asked Edward as he read.

“I’ve never seen this book,” Edward said quietly. At first, he looked uninterested. But the more he read, the wider his eyes grew.

“Yes! Hermione, do you have any idea about what you have just found?!” Edward exclaimed.

“Well, actually I-,” Edward interrupted Arya with a whoop of excitement.

“You found the superior’s log book!” Edward exclaimed. The three cheered. Finally, they had answers; they now knew what they were up against. Maybe they had a chance to save themselves, and maybe save their friend.

“We gotta show this to the others!” Edward gasped, and the three bolted for the lounge room.

“I’m coming Alphonse,” Edward thought quietly.

Neji was on the couch, grumbling. Shadow and Knuckles were both snickering on either side of him.

“Heh, you got beat up by a girl,” Shadow grinned. Neji ignored him.

“That’s kinda wimpy if you ask me bud,” Knuckles smirked. Neji still said nothing.

“Uh, Neji? I think you are going to have to search for a new gender because I’m revoking your dude membership.” Shadow guffawed. Knuckles joined him in the laughter. Neji then quickly sat up, grabbed both of their mouths and yanked them shut.

“Ha ha ha ha ha! No. You want to know why? This night NEVER happened. This is not going to be one of those things we laugh about a month from now on the lounge Hey Neji? Remember when you got beat up by Herm- No. Comprende?” Neji glared at them. The two nodded quickly. Neji let them go. Hermione, Arya, and Edward then bolted into the room. The three were hyperventilating. Excitement then bubbled over.

“We found the Organization Leader’s log book!!!!” Arya yelled. She now clung to Knuckles like a teddy bear.

“You what?!” Neji gasped.

“Where are Amy, Aang, and Sasuke?” Hermione demanded.

“By the pool for a late night swim, why?” Shadow asked. Hermione grabbed Shadow’s hand and yanked him and yanked him out of the Lounge and into the halls and down the stairwell. Edward and Neji followed suit. Arya and Knuckles followed them. The six fled down the stairs, yanking open doors and tearing through hallways. The group then came to the very bottom floor. Hermione and the others literally leapt down the foyer’s grand staircase. The white tiles of the floor still had faded red stains on the floor. Hermione ignored it. The group then took a sharp left turn and went through a wooden door. They emerged into a damp hallway. It was made entirely of concrete. There was a strong smell of chlorine in the air. The group then ran breakneck to the end of the hallway. There was a see through door. Beyond the door was the poolside.

“GO!” Edward yelled. They all opened the door, and ran straight into Aang, Amy, and Sasuke. The nine teens all crashed into each other and fell headlong into the pool. Edward threw the book onto a lounge chair so it wouldn’t get wet. They all fell underwater. Hermione was the first to surface.

“Where’s the book?!”

“Don’t worry, it’s safe,” Said Edward as he came up.

“What the hell?!” Amy came up and slugged Edward across the face, sending him back into the water. Everyone else came up.

“Amy, calm down,” Aang reassured her, “nice punch though.” Edward then came back up to the surface, massaging his now sore nose and cheek.

“Ugh! Just meet us in the lounge room, ouch. . . . .” Edward groaned. He sloshed out of the pool with his soaking wet clothes. He picked up the book, and headed upstairs. He left a trail of water behind him.

“Oops! Sorry,” said Amy shyly.

Archived