DRAGONFRONTS: The Road to Armageddon {Started: PM new apps} {Naahg entrance is closed}

Supreme Gamesmaster

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooc: this rp seems to break down to just you guys lol

Sykes and his men finally reached Nahhg, well not really Nahhg but they were within a 10 mile range from it. "Alright men, the best way to do this is to enter the city one at a time as to not draw attention. I will go first then Sif, Halberd, Metsumi, Strat, and finally Grieves. With 30 minute intervals in between each entry." Sykes passed to the men a piece of paper with a very detailed drawing. "Tuck this away in your rucksacks, for it is a map of Nahhg. We will be meeting here at the Nahhg Inn and Bar, once you have entered the city you must do your best not to draw any attention to yourself..." Sykes said as he started to depart for his end of the mission...

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

OoC: Whoa, whoa. Slow down; we want quality over quantity. Also, the dragons are supposed to be the dominant ones; the humans are a bit like steeds. And, er, Naahg is a country, not a city.

IC:

"Oi, Az, take a look at this."

The girl's calm voice echoed its way through the twisted corridors of Keremendres and into the sensitive ears of the dragon that was about to land nearby. Shifting his legs backwards, he pushed forward with his clawed toes, taking off down the long hall leading down from his landing platform. Smashing through the door into an austere, stone-walled room, containing only a few articles velvet-draped furniture and a smooth ebony table, Azræl Dragandr, Emperor of the Naahg Dragons, landed.

"Well?" he probed the dark-haired girl at the table. She was poring over a sheet of slightly yellowed paper. A grid was inscribed upon it, and within that grid, a series of numbers. These numbers were generally in the range of four hundred forty to five hundred ten, except for a few odd outliers, which were closer to two hundred sixty.

Azræl briefly observed the title of the sheet, and then turned back to the numbers. His eyes narrowed in comprehension. "What do you make of it?" he requested of the girl.

"I've checked this map here," Alessandra Valtiel gestured. The human Empress of Naahg had an odd light in her shiny, silver eyes as she continued. "These little outliers?" She jabbed at three figures on the first sheet: 262, 265, 259. "They're in this general area." She outlined an area on the map.

"Our furthest southeast," Azræl noted. There was a short silence in which the Emperor processed the facts he'd been provided. Then: "You suspect Ank."

"Of course," the girl agreed. "They'd be the closest, and most able to attack, anyway, with that navy of theirs. They're also the agricultural behemoths of the world. They'd have the perfect bargaining chip if our crops failed."

"Speaking of Ank," the black murmured after a short pause, "have you had any ideas on how we're supposed to match their sea power? We can't possibly be accepted without a powerful navy; even Irut has beaten out Ank in the past, or so our intelligence claims, and they live in the mountains."

"The best I can do is our motto," Alessandra shrugged helplessly. Behind her, on the wall behind an enormous throne, this motto was emblazoned: Qualitas super vis. "We don't have the time to build a fleet properly. Pretty much the only thing we can do is build a few super-warships and use them as a fleet, at this point."

"My gatherings were along the same lines," the Emperor sighed. Another silence followed this.

Finally: "So, what do we do about these alleged crop raids?" the human asked.

"Tighten the garrisons again, I suppose." Azræl circled his wings a bit, the draconic equivalent of a human shrug. "And tell them to take as many prisoners as possible. It could just be some illegal nationalist organization."

"I hope so," Alessandra murmured, disturbed. "A planetary war..." Her voice trailed off.

"The trouble is," the dragon said wearily, "half of Naahg seems to want it. You heard Meti's speech — Artarius went wild. I bet they think we're going to try and 'establish ourselves' or whatever it is they call it."

"And the other half wants us to run and hide, which obviously isn't an option!" the Empress exhorted, severely annoyed. "Now that they know there are ice caps at all, we aren't safe anywhere... I doubt even the Southern Naahg will survive for long."

••

Oldo'an scowled. Why, why, oh why was Hefna allowing an unauthorized military expedition to Naahg? Wasn't it blatant enough that Sykes was a belligerent nationalist? It was as clear as day that he was responsible for the deaths of Commanders Ulnal and Jaffar; he'd only been declined two days prior! So why were they letting him lead an expedition that could put all of Irut in peril, without any agents of Hefna alongside him?

It was infuriating enough to incite his adrenaline. He punched his stone table, hard. It smashed down the loosely mortared wall of his chamber. Storming over to the wreckage, the furious red dragon general of Irut hurled the table back to its original position and threw open a cupboard near the ceiling. He withdrew a tub of mortar and began to reconstruct the wall. At least it would help him work off his fury.

Sykes was not worried for himself, his speed was just every ounce of godly, it was his other members who he was worried for, even Sif. Sifs speed is great, but I don't know about the others... Sykes thought as he was on the outside wall of the city. Sykes saw two guards at the gate. Troublesome... Sykes said as he walked more over from the wall he saw another gate with only one guard and it seem to have no activity at all. Isn't it a shame when they fall asleep on the job... Sykes was right behind the guard and quickly knocked him out, and there was no one to see him do it in this part of the city. Sykes moved him into a peaceful position to make everyone think he had fallen asleep on the job. Sykes entered the city undetected and then started on his way to the Inn...

30 Minutes Later

Sif was now at the cities main gate, there were three guards at the gate. "Well this sucks..." Sif said quietly to himself. He went onto another with two guards. "Hmm I don't think i'm going threw a gate to get to this city.." Sif stated as he took out a grappling hook. He went to the middle of the wall so neither gate guards would see him. He swiftly threw the hook into the air and it connected with the wall he tugged on it to make sure it was secure. In less then a minute Sif was on top of the wall and put the line in his pack without being noticed. He carefully propelled down the wall and put the secondary line in his pack. Now to go to the inn... he walked down a back street and then headed straight for the inn.

30 Minutes Later

Halberd was faced with other problem as he was not fast enough to knock a guard out and he had no grappling hook. Dang, this sucks how the heck am I supposed to do this?" Halberd then heard the sound of several carts and horses connecting with the ground. Supply carts for Nahhg! That's my chance! Halberd thought as he hid in some bushes, the supply line went passed and he jumped in the very last cart. There were no people or animals just him and some crudely made weapons and arrows. The supply caravan entered the city and when he was out of the guards sight he jumped off and fell into a back ally, as to not be seen. He immediately stood up and started walking to the inn.

30 Minutes Later

Metsumi was surprised, it was his lucky break. There was guard sleeping at the gate and the town looked decollete in this part of Nahhg. Metsumi just walked in and started off to the Nahhg Bar and Inn. This is defiantly my favorite mission right now. Metsumi thought with a sneeky grin...

30 Minutes Later

Strat saw a gate with two guards and sighed. Dang how the heck am I to do this... Strat said as he sat down to think. Then to Strats luck the two guards left. What I must be dreaming this can't be! Strat entered the town, but he hid behind a tree just missing the sight of the guards. Turns out they didn't leave the just helped an elderly woman with a huge package and then came back. Strat left the hiding spot and proceeded to the inn.

30 Minutes Later

Grieves was already inside the city since it was no night time it was easy to sneak past the guards using the shadows as cover. As soon as Grieves was in the city he took out the map and started thinking. The Inn is over here right next to the General Store. However, what is this unmarked building here its not mapped out like the others. I'll bring it to Commander Sykes' attention later... Grieves then departed for the Inn.

ooc: oops sorry, sorry just think of any Nahhg Cities as the main capitol city of Nahhg

[Just before Sykes entered the Inn]

"I'm being bored out like hell these days..." Ererid said to William while they walked through Artarius.

"I see. Me too. Even the visit to this new town did not bring me that much joy." Lord William replied, "I have something on mind. Let's visit the capital. What do you think?"

"Hop on! We'll be there in.... Two hours, I suppose." Ererid confirmed, and William hopped on his back. The two took off towards the capital, as William's cape rode on the wind.

[Two hours later]

Night fell over the capital city, while Ererid and William landed on the main square. The two sensed a familiar smell, the smell of the Inn.

"Let's try and get some rooms there." Ererid said, as they proceeded towards a large house, with a wooden sign hanging from the wall. Ererid stayed outside, and laid down, while William stepped inside. He noticed some strangers sit nearby.

"I don't know them - maybe I should stay away..." he thought, as he approached the Innkeeper.

"Hello, Mortimer! Remember me? It's William!" he said joyfully, while the Innkeeper was still checking him out. The old man finally remembered.

"Will! It's you! Welcome. What can I do for you?"

"I need a room. For the night only."

"Sure. That'll be two golden coins." Mortimer said, and handed the keys over to William.

"Thanks." Will said, and proceeded up towards his room...

OoC:

@FFR: You en't gonna break into Kerem so easily. Actually, no one's done it in history; Keremaralen has an insane garrison, and the rulers pay the guards too much for them to sleep. We'll assume you're in a fringe city.

@TGU: Oddly enough, there's been almost no character interaction, except a bunch of posts that really only amount to spam. So, no.

IC:

Alessandra finished flipping through the draconic graduation reports, satisfied. After placing it in a large cabinet beneath the table at which she was still seated, she remarked to her companion, "We're having a lucky year, aren't we? Ninety three point four per cent graduates, seventy point eight per cent of those bonded, every one of them ideal soldiers, right when we need them. It seems too good to be true, but... How can there be a catch in education?"

"I've arranged the bonded ones into their training divisions," Azræl informed his partner. "About 37.05% on guard. More than hoped, but it's not like we're aggressing."

"True, that," Alessandra murmured, sinking back into her seat. She glanced at the complex chronometer on the wall: 19:01.

"So, we start interfacing with the military about this in four minutes," she sighed. "Might as well relax while we can."

"I wouldn't mind," the Emperor admitted, "but it seems we have early guests. Let's see if we can put the minutes where they count."

"Meh." The girl rose, stretched for a moment, and took her seat again. "Let's not lose drive, anyway. Send 'em in, then." Azræl opened the door with his tail, not bothering to move his full body.

"Greetings, Ino-Koa, Meti," black greeted white.

OoC: I'm assuming Meti wouldn't have the extreme lack of tact required to show up sans dragon. Ino-Koa could pull off ditching him, but... meh. A human kingdom wouldn't take just the dragon, so...

OoC: I'm going with gamesmaster on this one..sorry Freeman,,

RP::

Meti bowed to the empress, knowing Ino did the same to the Emporer Black dragon.

"My Queen, we have disturbing news." He straightened his back to give proper reform. "I'm sure you already know this, but Artarius's people have the desire to go to war with Ank and Irut. I wanted to come to you for your opinion upon this matter. I know for a fact you'd like to have the final say on whether or not we go to war with anyone. However, with Ank's latest behavior, I am sure it cannot go unnoticed. Especially when you see many of Ank's and Irut's military becoming increasingly threatening to our existance. And we shall not forget the sightings of the Angels either. Another very pressing piece of knowledge." He reported calmly and wisely.

Agas and Kylarossa woke up in the morning, they walked outside and looked around, the fresh morning air brushed across there faces as soon as they stood outside, they then began to walk around town. While walking through the crowds Agas stumbled upon a guy that she went to school with, he was a dorky character that seemed to know almost everything about the history of Naahg. Once he noticed Agas he began to run, this is because of what Agas did to one of the people at school at 15, she began to follow him on foot while Kylarossa went up into the sky, they followed him for 25 minutes and finnaly caught him.

Agas held him up against the wall so he could not run off again, he began to sweat with fear when Kylarossa landed.

Man: what...........what do you want?!

Agas: Do you know were my aunt is?

Man: NO!!

Agas gripped him tighter.

Agas: Where is she?!!!

Man: I don't know!!!!!!

Agas: WHERE!!!!!

Man: Ok Ok!, shes at the very edge of the city living in a little shack!!

Agas then dropped him to the floor and nodded to Kylarossa, she clambered onto his back and they flew off. The man ran away.

OoC: Wait, when were we talking to freeman?

IC:

"There's no way we're starting wars," Alessandra said definitively. "We can't afford to — we'd be crushed in moments. And we're not really sure if Ank sponsors the agricultural raids."

Not bad, she transmitted to Azræl. Most bonded pairs had the power to communicate telepathically with one another, and there hadn't been a closer bond in recorded history than the one between the Naahg rulers. He's figured out the raids.

Either that, or he's been at the castle for a few hours, the Emperor pointed out. "Certainly, provocation of either major empire is absolute suicide. The best we can do is mobilize a defense force, quickly, and remain neutral. If neither side can sway us, one or the other will try to conquer us — we just have to dispel them."

"A nationalist rebellion in Artarius could spell doom for Naahg if they go too far," Alessandra frowned. "Somehow, I get the feeling Ank is getting the same problems. I think if they really wanted to cause trouble, we wouldn't have been able to recover half the crop."

OoC: Freeman, are you part of Naahg?

IC:

"Of course," Meti started. "If I may suggest that we deploy a sufficient yet small ammount of our national guard to Artarius, to make sure they don't get out of hand. And do not worry so much about the raids. You let me worry about that." He then hesitated for a bit. He turned to Ino and nodded towards her. She nodded back. She then stepped forward and began addressing Azræl.

"We do have sightings of a group of of 3 men from Irut making their way to this capital. It seems like a messanger group. Because only 2 of them have weapons, the other is clothed in traveling robes."

The men sat attentively around the table in the Inn, there were no other persons in the Inn that night aside for the bartender who was so caught up in his backroom inventory he wouldn't even hear the men. "Alright the, were all here..." Sykes said as he rolled at a slightly large map over the table. "Good, here we are in Duram City, which is the city right next to the Nahhg Capitol..." Halberd looked confused. "We wasted all that time sneaking into a minor city!!!" Halberd shouted, but not loud enough for the bartender to here. "Keep your voice down. And of course we did, the capitol of Nahhg is virtually impenetrable from the outside. Therefor, the plan is to get our reputation up as Ank rebels and then visit the capitol of Nahhg..." Sykes explained to the group. "Wait, wouldn't getting our rep enough for the king of Nahhg to notice us take weeks even months?" Meitsu asked. "Yes usually, but in this case we are going to do something for Nahhg that they could not. We will catch and turn in this man..." Sykes said giving Meitsu a poster of a wanted man. "Huh?" He said in confusion at the wanted poster. "That is Nahhgs most wanted criminal, Vascle Letrally. If we were to aprahend him where he is to meet his sources at nine in the morning then we will have the reputation we need..." Meitsu smirked. "Ah, I see." Sykes stood up. "Now for the second reason we came here. The King, Queen, Prince, Princess, General, Commanders, and Captains of Nahhg all live here in the capitol. However, the treasurer of Nahhg lives here in Duram with only about 15 guards at his estate." Strat looked up from the map. "Wait, why would the treasurer of the Nahhg Empire live in Duram instead of the capital city?" Strat asked. "Good question. He is family man, and his family lives here. Pitty he didn't have the heart to make them move..." Sykes said with evil intent as he gathered up and packed away the materials. "Grieves..." Sykes said as grieves looked up from the corner of the room, for he didn't want to sit. "Kill the bartender in back who has been pretending not to listen, and leave this..." Sykes said, throwing something to Grieves which he caught. "That's the Mark of Ank. Plant it on top of the body..." Sykes said. Grieves jumped behind the counter, and a few moments later all they hear a muffled shout that didn't reach out of the Inn and then Grieves walked out no longer in possession of the Mark of Ank. "Good, will take refuge in the other in across Duram." Sykes said as the exited the Inn and walked to the other not being noticed in the back allies...

Archived