OCT Rank Contest (Thanks Sleepy)

Bloodrun

[align=Center] Pardon my horrible memory, but I totally forgot to make this thread on time.

Due to that the end date will now be moved from the 10th, to the 12th.

Anywho, members who have signed up for the OCT Ranks, will be able to enter any ONE, REALISTIC card. Your Rank will be decided by the percentage your card gets.

Now apart from popular opinion, OCG will have some effect on the judging, as well we are trying to prove ourselves here.

OCG - 20%

Structure (Sentences, Periods, etc) - 20%

Playability - 20%

Balance (Too strong, Not Strong enough, etc..) - 35%

Uniqueness (Name fitting effect, effect is out of the box) - 5%

Now I will have a consultant on the Playability/Balance part, as I do not trust my abilities are up to date.

The Percentage you will need to get, to get into each Rank:

Rank 1: 00 - 40%

Rank 2: 41 - 70%

Rank 3: 71 - 90%

. Rank 4: 91 - 100%

The reason Rank 4 has such a small percentage range, is because the OCT is here to help you improve your card making skills, and well, without a little push and incentive we wouldn't be getting anywhere.

Lastly, I would like it if you guys/girls put your Cards in spoilers, to make it easier for me.

Have Fun =)

Contestants Cards:

[spoiler=OMGAKITTY ]22767pf3.jpg

When a Plant-Type monster is sent to the Graveyard by battle, Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position at the end of the current player's Battle Phase. Set the ATK and DEF of the Summoned monster to 0. For each monster Special Summoned by this effect, place 1 Knowledge Counter on this card. When there are 10 Knowledge Counters on this card, toss a coin: -Heads: Remove 1 Knowledge Counter for each monster you control, then inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the remaining Knowledge Counters x100 and destroy this card. -Tails: Discard cards from your hand equal to the number of Plant-Type monsters you control and destroy this card.

[spoiler=X-31 Fighter]

43681nr7.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending monsters from your hand to the Graveyard whose Levels are equal to or greater this card's. Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to increase this cards ATK by 400 for every monster in your Graveyard until the End Phase of your next turn. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a Spell or Trap, you can pay 700 Life Points to inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each Spell Card in your Graveyard.

[spoiler= galesonic]

182482ra8.jpg

"Metallic Mantis" + 1 or more Insect-Type non-Tuner monsters

During the End Phase of your turn, inflict 500 damage to both players Life Points. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all monsters are also treated as Insect-Type monsters. Pay half your Life Points to remove from play all Insect-type monsters on the field and inflict 1200 damage to your opponents Life Points.

[spoiler=Snitch]SkeletalFiend-GraveyardGolem.png

This card's Type is also treated as Zombie. When this card is Summoned, roll 1 six-sided die. If the result is 1, 2 or 3, decrease the ATK and DEF of this card by 500. If the result is 4 or 5, increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300. If the result is 6, you can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.

[spoiler=Icyblue]

[align=center]

43952cm0.jpg

Once per turn, your opponent can increase their Life Points by 1000. If they do, Special Summon 1 "Mercy Token" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's side of the field. During your opponent's next turn, they must enter their Battle Phase and attack with at least 1 Attack Position monster they control.

[spoiler=~Colonel Sanders~]1zh2nq1.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]Once per turn, if your opponent controls a face-up "Ameba", select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Destroy the "Ameba" and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the selected monster's ATK. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand and select 1 "Ameba" in your Graveyard. Special Summon the selected "Ameba" and shift the control of it to your opponent. Your opponent draws 1 card.

[spoiler=Hunter]43114sq2.jpg

When this card is Summoned, it is changed to Defense Position. This card can attack while in Defense Position. Apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Normal Beast, Winged-Beast, or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your hand. During your Main Phase, you can Tribute monsters you control to put 1 Passenger Counter on this card for each card Tributed. While this card has a Passenger Counter on it, it cannot declare an attack and gains 1000 DEF. During the End Phase of a turn that this card did not declare an attack, you gain 800 Life Points.

[spoiler=XEVILCl0wnX]129530yg0ss1.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Winged Beast-Type monsters and discarding 1 Spell card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your hand or Deck, the Special Summoned monster is destroyed during your End Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can Tribute a WIND monster on your side of the field to attack again with this card. During your 3rd End Phase this card was Summoned, destroy this card.

[spoiler=.:Symptoms of Death:.]

82323mj2.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the following effect. When a monster you control, is destroyed by battle with, or the effect of an opponent's monster, you can pay Life Points equal to the attack of the opponents monster, Destroy that monster, and Special Summon this card from your hand. During your next End Phase, after this card was Summoned, you must pay 500 Life Points to return this card to the top of your deck, If you cannot, destroy this card.

Credit: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20girl/XxBabylisaxX/anime_girl.jpg?o=3

[spoiler=X-L YEAHHHH!!!]darkenforcerjz3.png

[spoiler=effect:] This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 DARK monster from your hand, Graveyard, and your side of the field from play. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When a monster attacks this card, you only recieve half the damage. Once during each of your opponent`s turns, you can select 1 monster they control. That monster must attack this card. Every time you take damage involving this card, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck with an ATK lower than the amount you took. When you have Special Summoned 4 DARK monsters with this cards effect, it gains ATK equal to the combine ATK of the 4 DARK monsters you Special Summoned with this cards effect, even if they are no longer on the field. When this card gains ATK do to its own effect, destroy all cards on your side of the field, except this card.

[spoiler=Primal Release]marasgodoftheblackplaguby9.png

When this card is Special Summoned, randomly select 1 card in both player's respective hands and send it to the Graveyard. When a monster is sent to the Graveyard when this card is face-up on the field, inflict 200 damage to the respective player's Life Points. When this card is destroyed by a Spell or Trap Card, destroy all face-up cards on the field. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a reuslt of battle, destroy all face-down cards on the field. As long as this card remains in your Graveyard, decrease the ATK of all monsters on the field by 400. After 3 of your Standby Phases, remove this card from play.

Image credit:

http://magicdeckvortex.com/ART3/maelstrom_djinn_art_by_hideaki_takamura.jpg

http://magicdeckvortex.com/art_catacombs_t_thru_z.htm

[spoiler=sasukechidoria58]

23658bj2.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]During either player's Damage Step, when a face-up DARK monster you control battles, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to decrease your opponent's monster's ATK by your monster's ATK, until the End Phase. If you have 5 or more DARK monsters with different names in your Graveyard when this effect is activated, you can draw 1 card at the end of the Battle Phase.

[spoiler=Swift]102792zx5.jpg

[spoiler=tommers2008]88810xq2.jpg

Effect - This card cannot be destroyed by battle.(Damage calculation is applied normally). When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully you may discard the top 5 cards from your or your opponent's deck, for each Monster Card discarded inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points x500 points, for each Spell Card increase your Life Points x250 points, and for each Trap Card increase this cards ATK or DEF x600 points.

[/align]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Dark Eden]22767pf3.jpg

When a Plant-Type monster is sent to the Graveyard by battle, Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position at the end of the current player's Battle Phase. Set the ATK and DEF of the Summoned monster to 0. For each monster Special Summoned by this effect, place 1 Knowledge Counter on this card. When there are 10 Knowledge Counters on this card, toss a coin: -Heads: Remove 1 Knowledge Counter for each monster you control, then inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the remaining Knowledge Counters x100 and destroy this card. -Tails: Discard cards from your hand equal to the number of Plant-Type monsters you control and destroy this card.

Here is my card

[spoiler=Spoiler]

43681nr7.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending monsters from your hand to the Graveyard whose Levels are equal to or greater this card's. Once per turn, you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to increase this cards ATK by 400 for every monster in your Graveyard until the End Phase of your next turn. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a Spell or Trap, you can pay 700 Life Points to inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each Spell Card in your Graveyard.

heres my card.

[spoiler= Oni Spider, the Genma Lord of Insects]

182482ra8.jpg

During the End Phase of your turn, inflict 500 damage to both players Life Points. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all monsters are also treated as Insect-Type monsters. Pay half your Life Points to remove from play all Insect-type monsters on the field and inflict 1200 damage to your opponents Life Points.

[spoiler=Skeletal Fiend - Graveyard Golem]SkeletalFiend-GraveyardGolem.png

This card's Type is also treated as Zombie. When this card is Summoned, roll 1 six-sided die. If the result is 1, 2 or 3, decrease the ATK and DEF of this card by 500. If the result is 4 or 5, increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300. If the result is 6, you can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Meh, not my best card, but one of my most recent and will be featured in my 'Graveyard of the Damned' set.

Galesonic, wasn't that card originally called Spider Titan? >.>

Guest JoshIcy

[spoiler=My Card]

[align=center]

43952cm0.jpg

Once per turn, your opponent can increase their Life Points by 1000. If they do, Special Summon 1 "Mercy Token" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's side of the field. During your opponent's next turn, they must enter their Battle Phase and attack with at least 1 Attack Position monster they control.[/align]

[spoiler=My Card]1zh2nq1.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]Once per turn, if your opponent controls a face-up "Ameba", select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Destroy the "Ameba" and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the selected monster's ATK. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand and select 1 "Ameba" in your Graveyard. Special Summon the selected "Ameba" and shift the control of it to your opponent. Your opponent draws 1 card.

Hope it's good enough.

[spoiler=Dark Eden]22767pf3.jpg

When a Plant-Type monster is sent to the Graveyard by battle' date=' Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position at the end of the current player's Battle Phase. Set the ATK and DEF of the Summoned monster to 0. For each monster Special Summoned by this effect, place 1 Knowledge Counter on this card. When there are 10 Knowledge Counters on this card, toss a coin: -Heads: Remove 1 Knowledge Counter for each monster you control, then inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the remaining Knowledge Counters x100 and destroy this card. -Tails: Discard cards from your hand equal to the number of Plant-Type monsters you control and destroy this card.

[/quote']

Here is my card

[spoiler=Spoiler]

43681nr7.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending monsters from your hand to the Graveyard whose Levels are equal to or greater this card's. Once per turn' date=' you can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard to increase this cards ATK by 400 for every monster in your Graveyard until the End Phase of your next turn. If this card is destroyed by the effect of a Spell or Trap, you can pay 700 Life Points to inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each Spell Card in your Graveyard.

[/quote']

heres my card.

[spoiler= Oni Spider' date= the Genma Lord of Insects]

182482ra8.jpg

[spoiler=Skeletal Fiend - Graveyard Golem]SkeletalFiend-GraveyardGolem.png

This card's Type is also treated as Zombie. When this card is Summoned' date=' roll 1 six-sided die. If the result is 1, 2 or 3, decrease the ATK and DEF of this card by 500. If the result is 4 or 5, increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300. If the result is 6, you can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Meh, not my best card, but one of my most recent and will be featured in my 'Graveyard of the Damned' set.

Galesonic, wasn't that card originally called Spider Titan? >.>

[/quote']

[spoiler=My Card]

[align=center]

43952cm0.jpg

Once per turn' date=' your opponent can increase their Life Points by 1000. If they do, Special Summon 1 "Mercy Token" (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) to your opponent's side of the field. During your opponent's next turn, they must enter their Battle Phase and attack with at least 1 Attack Position monster they control.[/i'][/align]

You have all been added.

[spoiler=cards]43114sq2.jpg

When this card is Summoned, it is changed to Defense Position. This card can attack while in Defense Position. Apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Normal Beast, Winged-Beast, or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your hand. During your Main Phase, you can Tribute monsters you control to put 1 Passenger Counter on this card for each card Tributed. While this card has a Passenger Counter on it, it cannot declare an attack and gains 1000 DEF. During the End Phase of a turn that this card did not declare an attack, you gain 800 Life Points.

[spoiler=cards]43114sq2.jpg

When this card is Summoned' date=' it is changed to Defense Position. This card can attack while in Defense Position. Apply the ATK of this card for damage calculation. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Normal Beast, Winged-Beast, or Beast-Warrior-Type monster from your hand. During your Main Phase, you can Tribute monsters you control to put 1 Passenger Counter on this card for each card Tributed. While this card has a Passenger Counter on it, it cannot declare an attack and gains 1000 DEF. During the End Phase of a turn that this card did not declare an attack, you gain 800 Life Points.

[/quote']

You are added to the list, check back on the 12th =)

Not my best card, but...

[spoiler=Card]129530yg0ss1.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Winged Beast-Type monsters and discarding 1 Spell card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your hand or Deck, the Special Summoned monster is destroyed during your End Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can Tribute a WIND monster on your side of the field to attack again with this card. During your 3rd End Phase this card was Summoned, destroy this card.

Not my best card' date=' but...

[spoiler=Card']129530yg0ss1.jpg

I don't remember you signing up for this contest in the other thread..

[spoiler=Card']129530yg0ss1.jpg

I was XEVILCl0wnX. Check my siggeh. =D

[spoiler=XEVILCl0wnX']129530yg0ss1.jpg

I was XEVILCl0wnX. Check my siggeh. =D

Oops, I appologize, I should have done that first >.<

I thought rank 4 was the worst rank but you need so much of a percentage to get in :3

Rank 4 is the highest. Also, the smaller amount of percentage, the harder it is.

All right here it is, this card is the first member of my up and comming "Zalagh Crime Family"

[spoiler=Card and Image Credit]

82323iv4.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the following effect: When a monster you control, is destroyed by battle with, or the effect of an opponent's monster, you can pay Life Points equal to the ATK of the opponents monster, destroy that monster, and Special Summon this card from your hand. During your next End Phase, after this card was Summoned, you must pay 500 Life Points to return this card to the top of your deck, If you cannot, destroy this card.

Credit: http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20girl/XxBabylisaxX/anime_girl.jpg?o=3

All right here it is' date=' this card is the first member of my up and comming "Zalagh Crime Family"

[spoiler=Card and Image Credit']

82323iv4.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the following effect: When a monster you control, is destroyed by battle with, or the effect of an opponent's monster, you can pay Life Points equal to the ATK of the opponents monster, destroy that monster, and Special Summon this card from your hand. During your next End Phase, after this card was Summoned, you must pay 500 Life Points to return this card to the top of your deck, If you cannot, destroy this card.

Your added, check back on the 12th =)

[spoiler=my card:]darkenforcerjz3.png

[spoiler=effect:] This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 DARK monster from your hand, Graveyard, and your side of the field from play. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When a monster attacks this card, you only recieve half the damage. Once during each of your opponent`s turns, you can select 1 monster they control. That monster must attack this card. Every time you take damage involving this card, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck with an ATK lower than the amount you took. When you have Special Summoned 4 DARK monsters with this cards effect, it gains ATK equal to the combine ATK of the 4 DARK monsters you Special Summoned with this cards effect, even if they are no longer on the field. When this card gains ATK do to its own effect, destroy all cards on your side of the field, except this card.

[spoiler=my card]marasgodoftheblackplaguby9.png

When this card is Special Summoned, randomly select 1 card in both player's respective hands and send it to the Graveyard. When a monster is sent to the Graveyard when this card is face-up on the field, inflict 200 damage to the respective player's Life Points. When this card is destroyed by a Spell or Trap Card, destroy all face-up cards on the field. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a reuslt of battle, destroy all face-down cards on the field. As long as this card remains in your Graveyard, decrease the ATK of all monsters on the field by 400. After 3 of your Standby Phases, remove this card from play.

Image credit:

[spoiler=my card:]darkenforcerjz3.png

[spoiler=effect:] This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 DARK monster from your hand' date=' Graveyard, and your side of the field from play. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When a monster attacks this card, you only recieve half the damage. Once during each of your opponent`s turns, you can select 1 monster they control. That monster must attack this card. Every time you take damage involving this card, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck with an ATK lower than the amount you took. When you have Special Summoned 4 DARK monsters with this cards effect, it gains ATK equal to the combine ATK of the 4 DARK monsters you Special Summoned with this cards effect, even if they are no longer on the field. When this card gains ATK do to its own effect, destroy all cards on your side of the field, except this card.

[/quote']

[spoiler=my card]marasgodoftheblackplaguby9.png

When this card is Special Summoned' date=' randomly select 1 card in both player's respective hands and send it to the Graveyard. When a monster is sent to the Graveyard when this card is face-up on the field, inflict 200 damage to the respective player's Life Points. When this card is destroyed by a Spell or Trap Card, destroy all face-up cards on the field. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a reuslt of battle, destroy all face-down cards on the field. As long as this card remains in your Graveyard, decrease the ATK of all monsters on the field by 400. After 3 of your Standby Phases, remove this card from play.

Image credit:

[/quote']

You Both are added =) Check on the 12th

Archived