Cathedral of Nobles: Discussion

Guest Chaos Pudding

9lg6y1.png

Cathedral of Nobles

Continuous Spell

The controller of this card may activate Trap Cards on the same turn they are Set. Send this face-up card and 1 face-up "Mystical Beast Serket" you control to the Graveyard, to Special Summon 1 Monster Card from your hand, Deck, or Extra Deck.

With the lack of things to draw into, and the sheer amount of deck space you would have to devote just to take advantage of the drawing, this card should be at 3 on any good ban list.

Discuss.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVFyWMt26Q

I think I'm in love.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slow card. To make other slow cards fast.

That seems strange to me.

How exactly is this slow? You draw it and you activate it from your hand; there isn't a whole lot of delay there. >_>

Precisely' date=' which is why it should stay banned.

[/quote']

Lightning Vortex is pretty quick too. Let's ban that.

Activating Traps on the Turn you set them is the Problem. They then become Normal Spell Cards.

And then we'll ban every spell card! /sarcasm

It's too cheap since every single trap practically works like a quick play for the controller.

Somewhere along the line, this board forgot that restating a card's effect and saying "it's banworthy" is not a rational, logical argument.

Prove that spending a Continuous Spell to use your traps a bit faster is detrimental to the game.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The vast majority of Traps are designed so that they either only work during your opponent's turn (Mirror Force, Trap Hole) or they provide the greatest advantage when they are activated during your opponent's turn (Solemn Judgment, Divine Wrath). The ones that are left over either have a Spell counterpart that isn't broken (Dust Tornado, Jar of Greed) or just suck (most of the Traps in the game).

...Well they are activated normally on your foe's turn.

False; they are normally activated on any turn after the turn in which they are Set.

At any rate, having an effect that defies what is "normal" does not imply banworthiness. Monsters are normally sent to the graveyard when destroyed, but I don't see anyone calling for Banisher of the Light to be banned.

Furthermore, the fact that Bubble Illusion has not been called into question indicates that the ability to activate Trap Cards slightly more quickly is not fundamentally a problem.

How exactly is this slow? You draw it and you activate it from your hand; there isn't a whole lot of delay there. >_>

sorry' date=' meant to put likely to be destroyed.

[/quote']

That's highly doubtful as the second sentence incorporated what you said in the first one.

sorry' date=' meant to put likely to be destroyed.

[/quote']

That's highly doubtful as the second sentence incorporated what you said in the first one.

Really, that is what I meant, I know that the card isn't slow. I am saying that it won't stay on the field long. Also, why use this when most decks are running cards like Solemn that WANT to be played on your opponent's turn?

It was bannable because of some sort of loop I currently forget. But it shouldn't be banned now' date=' because a different card in that loop has been banned.

[/quote']

The loop you're thinking of is Makyura FTK, which this card doesn't support.

Wow. Way to be on top of things Crab.

This card should still be un-banned.

It was bannable because of some sort of loop I currently forget. But it shouldn't be banned now' date=' because a different card in that loop has been banned.

[/quote']

The loop you're thinking of is Makyura FTK, which this card doesn't support.

Wow. Way to be on top of things Crab.

This card should still be banned.

Wtf? You called it banworthy, then terrible, then banworthy again…

All this does is speed up a few OTKs that involve Traps.

Archived