Hakuna Matata!

Azuh

[align=center]TimonAndPumbaa.jpg

Recently re-watched Lion King after not seeing it for years

I got to say, its one of the best animated movies of our time

Discuss Lion King and how epic it is

And not the stupid sequels because they werent as good as the original

[/align]

Simply put, one of Disney's best. My personal favourite, but I'm sure there are many others with different faves, since Disney made really great movies in the 90's.

Scar was kinda lame as a villain, but since he is obviously the result of locking Jafar and a furry in the same room for a night, he's pretty awesome anyway.

Scar = Hitler.

And apparently it's communist too:

Ever notice how under the whole "pride and vengeance and syrupy happy endings" motifs, The Lion King is really just a warning against the dangers of Communism?

I mean, think about it? What do the Hyenas represent but the underfed, vulgar, working-class poor? And the lionesses are a sort of middle-upper class citizen, hunting and doing the work so that they can have their share of a place on Pride Rock, while the wealthy lions lord over the kingdom, assuming the position because it was handed down to them and profiting from the labor of others. And then yeah Scar comes to power through violent means, but beyond that what does he do wrong? He tries to bring equality to all the citizens of the savannah, and let the hyenas eat what they need instead of them starving while the lions recline in the sun. Is it his fault that Simba returns in the middle of a drought and we only see the new Pride Rock once it's blasted and barren? I don't think so! They send the message of "if everyone tries to do well for themselves and share, look what happens! The very earth rebels against them and smites their lands!"

Not that that doesn't make it still one of my top best movies of all time.

Archived