Exchange of the Spirit (DISC)

right lets change his discussion:

Exchange of the Spirit

trap

You can only activate this card by paying 1000 Life Points while there are X or more cards in your Graveyard. Both players swap the cards in their Graveyard with the card(s) in their Deck. Then, shuffle the card(s) in each new Deck, and put it on the Deck Zone.

when does X become okay to the game.

secondly if we alter the cost to this does it become acceptable

You can only activate this card by paying 1000 Life Points while there are X cards in your Graveyard. Both players swap the cards in their Graveyard with the card(s) in their Deck. Then, shuffle the card(s) in each new Deck, and put it on the Deck Zone.

right lets change his discussion:

Exchange of the Spirit

trap

You can only activate this card by paying 1000 Life Points while there are X or more cards in your Graveyard. Both players swap the cards in their Graveyard with the card(s) in their Deck. Then' date=' shuffle the card(s) in each new Deck, and put it on the Deck Zone.

when does X become okay to the game.

secondly if we alter the cost to this does it become acceptable

You can only activate this card by paying 1000 Life Points while there are X cards in your Graveyard. Both players swap the cards in their Graveyard with the card(s) in their Deck. Then, shuffle the card(s) in each new Deck, and put it on the Deck Zone.

[/quote']

I do not feel X would become OK for the game at any number. There is still a chance for FTKs. To avoid FTK/OTK possiblities, having a requirement for cards in your opponent's Graveyard as well as your own would make this card acceptable.

In the case of the FTK, which is the case taht is relevant, any cost in LP would still be unacceptable.Who cares what condition you're going to be in to survive a protracted duel i the game is over taht turn?

It would be acceptable if there were at least 15-25 (I don't really know the best target) in both players' graveyards AND there was no cost. The cost is not prohibitive to an OTK deck, but it IS prhibitive to the "normal" decks that could possibly use it. (I don't know, would thins work in Lightsworn. The cards aren't really being "sent")

Remind me again what exactly was the OTK again?

Deckout.

Should be self-explanatory.

Obviously. I was just trying to remember the specific popular combo.

Because it seems to me that it would be a sufficiently difficult to activate card if both you and your opponent had 20 cards in your graveyard that any OTK involving it would be no threat to the metagame. That's not to say that a card such as Exchange should exist at all, as it can only promote OTK strategies. (At least for the most part.) BUt at that point I think it would fall into the same category as Cup of Ace, etc. It has a potentiallly banworthy effect, but the restrictions, while not actually balancing the effect, are sufficient to make the card a non-issue.

Remind me again what exactly was the OTK again?

Deckout.

Should be self-explanatory.

Obviously. I was just trying to remember the specific popular combo.

No specific combo' date=' unless you count using Makyura to make it a true FTK. Just lots of draw cards.

Because it seems to me that it would be a sufficiently difficult to activate card if both you and your opponent had 20 cards in your graveyard that any OTK involving it would be no threat to the metagame. That's not to say that a card such as Exchange should exist at all, as it can only promote OTK strategies. (At least for the most part.) BUt at that point I think it would fall into the same category as Cup of Ace, etc. It has a potentiallly banworthy effect, but the restrictions, while not actually balancing the effect, are sufficient to make the card a non-issue.

lolcupoface

Inconsistent Pots of Greed are different from inconsistent OTK's.

Archived