2008 was a bad year for movies.

CrabHelmet

Let's see:

Hancock - First half is straightforward and mindless. Second half throws in random plot twists about angels or something that don't even make sense.

Iron Man - The biggest plot hole in the movie is actually bellowed by one of the characters. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS! Also, why did the public decide to label him a superhero? They don't know the backstory; all they saw was two mecha fighting in the middle of a highway, disrupting traffic.

WALL-E - Another of these movies designed to print money by following the same old formulas. The plot twist of the main character dying and then surviving might be surprising if it wasn't used in every single movie ever.

Vantage Point - It's Run Lola Run except worse.

Twilight - From what I've heard, even the actors hated this movie, and just did it for the money. And that's terrible. At any rate, the premise is stupid, it has no plot, and it's boring, pointless, and some other negative adjectives.

Get Smart - First the Pink Panther, now this. Stop digging up old comedy-detective-spy-thing franchises and ruining them.

The Happening - Most anvilicious movie ever. Every bloody scene is all BE ENVIRONMENT NICE TASTIC OR EARTH KILL YOU. Of course, whenever movies try this, it falls flat. I mean, saving the environment is important, but apparently writers can only convey this with ridiculous situations like "Save the environment or the planet will murder you". Star Trek IV did this too, with "Save the whales or a giant space whale will destroy the world", and it was an even-numbered movie, making it one of the less bad ones.

Cloverfield - Nice idea, showing us how ordinary people would simply try to not die during a monster attack. Poor execution, especially due to the lack of resolution.

The Dark Knight - He claims to not have a plan, but everything the Joker does is ridiculously planned out, to the point of almost requiring psychic powers for him to have figured out how so many factors would fall into place. Ah, well, it's still awesome.

Twilight - From what I've heard, even the actors hated this movie, and just did it for the money. And that's terrible. At any rate, the premise is stupid, it has no plot, and it's boring, pointless, and some other negative adjectives.

theres my issue, it's a decent movie, I haven't read the books, but I know for a fact that this butchers them, but I still found the movie quite entertaining... (I went with a group of friends, which may have eased boredem)

Get Smart and Pink Panther were not ruined. Though the Pink Panther sequel will probably ruin it.

As for Iron Man, it's usually safe to assume that a mecha holds some sort of super-hero prestige. It was decent for an introduction movie.

Wall-E was good, and definitely original. I do agree that the part at the end was stupid and predictable, but the rest was fun and the message was nice.

And Joker didn't really mean that…If he told Harvey he planned everything out that wouldn't exactly help destroy his mind, especially since he would just kill him.

Dk was the only decent movie from that year.

theres a couple movies you missed...but they weren't to huge here in the U.S.

alot of superhero movies mainly.....

But what about the Hulk...you never discussed that in the first post.

The main problem with Hancock.....the cover gives away the supposed...big twist....major marketing fail.

Archived