Yu-Gi-Oh! the Movie: Lots of Errors, aren't there?

lugia61617

A bit random, but...

I watched the yugioh movie the other day and noticed they broke so many rules...including the ones in the anime! E.G:

• Yami-Yugi is forced to Special Summon Obelisk and the W.D.of R by the effect of Kaiba's "Card of Demise", and they weren't destroyed at the end of the turn!

•along with that, coz the Winged dragon of ra was special summoned, Yugi should have activated an effect.

•Seto says: "But if I don't use them in 5 turns, I lose them in 5 turns", which implies that he only discards what is left of the 5 he drew, yet in episodes of yu-gi-oh, he says that he draws 5 cards but must discard his entire hand in 5 turns, not just what he drew.

•Digi-Yugi claims that by sacrificing 2 egyptian Gods, the 3rd gets infinite strength, but that is never shown anywhere else.

I think this could just be dubbing errors...but, I think it would make a good thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit random' date=' but...

I watched the yugioh movie the other day and noticed they broke so many rules...including the ones in the anime! E.G:

• Yami-Yugi is forced to Special Summon Obelisk and the W.D.of R by the effect of Kaiba's "Card of Demise", and they weren't destroyed at the end of the turn!

•along with that, coz the Winged dragon of ra was special summoned, Yugi should have activated an effect.

•Seto says: "But if I don't use them in 5 turns, I lose them in 5 turns", which implies that he only discards what is left of the 5 he drew, yet in episodes of yu-gi-oh, he says that he draws 5 cards but must discard his entire hand in 5 turns, not just what he drew.

•Digi-Yugi claims that by sacrificing 2 egyptian Gods, the 3rd gets infinite strength, but that is never shown anywhere else.

I think this could just be dubbing errors...but, I think it would make a good thread.

[/quote']

actually for the last point, that did happen in Battle City against Marik. When Revival Jam and Metal Reflect Slime were sacrificed, Obelisk's force became infinite.

Though the REAL anime effect is just it'll destroy every monster on your opponent's side of the field and deal 4000 points of damage to your opponent

did you also know if you pause the movie when anubis is near the big card of pyramid of light you can read its effect and this is what it says

-Destroy all God cards on the field-

that is the only effect written on the card...not even anything about the sphinxes which anubis mentions as an effect later on in the movie

did you also know if you pause the movie when anubis is near the big card of pyramid of light you can read its effect and this is what it says

-Destroy all God cards on the field-

that is the only effect written on the card...not even anything about the sphinxes which anubis mentions as an effect later on in the movie

actually it says All God Cards are removed from play

No' date=' I'm pretty sure Pyramid of Light was made by 4Kids, then dubbed in Japan.

[/quote']

Janime has:

13th August - US/Europe

November - Japan.

(Infact by the time Japan got the film, the English DVD was out)

And back up what you said about 4Kids making the film, which explains why War Of The Dragons although a much shorter film was better. I love how the Japanese for POL released a Novel alongside the film, which explains more. 4Kids just want a fast buck.

The Japanese version had a version that was slightly similar in Capmon Chess played during the First Series. Of course both times Yami's opponents cheated to get all Lv 4 and 5s while he got Lv 2 and Lv 3s.

Also the series was never released in Japan.

The Japanese version had a version that was slightly similar in Capmon Chess played during the First Series. Of course both times Yami's opponents cheated to get all Lv 4 and 5s while he got Lv 2 and Lv 3s.

Also the series was never released in Japan.

Well that explains why it sucked even more than the original series

Archived