Yu-gi-oh! Duelist Diaries [IC/Started/Accepting]

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/248026-yu-gi-oh-duelist-diaries-oocnot-startedaccepting/"]OoC Thread[/url]

[spoiler=The Intro Plot]"Even if defeated, the Dark Signers will rise again." - Rex Goodwin.

[b][size="7"]Episode 2: Of Holy Vengeance[/size][/b]

Hours passed as the classic war between the Signers and the Dark Signers raged on. Tovee Coma has only grown more and more powerful as time moved forward, surpassing all the other Dark Signers. However, this didn't stop the Crimson Dragon from summoning Signers to fight her. Nonetheless, they were still effortlessly destroyed and all hope seemed lost as life was even more certain than ever of being condemned to the Netherworld.

Finally though, the Crimson Dragon learned of Tovee's weakness, and selected her younger brother Klayu to become the leader of the new Signers, presumably in hopes of exploiting this weakness. But was it on the right track in terms of ridding the land of these Dark Signers once and for all? Or were they just too powerful to be defeated by the likes of the Signers? Only time could tell if this final gambit... were to succeed.[/spoiler]

[color="#800080"]"Feel the wrath of Red Nova, you white-washing son of a b****!"[/color] Tovee Coma shouted at Simonachi Lervako, [color="#800080"]"Ruina Occasus, wipe out the rest of his Life Points with Demi Armageddon!"[/color]

Earthbound Immortal Ruina Occasus fired a beam of white energy straight at Simonachi. He roared in pain, and the Duel Runner he was on exploded into ten thousand pieces, as the monsters on his side of the field vanished into nothingness.

[center][b]Simonachi's LP: 3400 --> 0[/b][/center]

Tovee then performed a U-turn and drove off into the distance, leaving Simonachi to bleed to death right in the middle of the highway. But her younger brother Klayu managed to get there just in time... to hear his final words.

[color="#00FF00"]"Never expected you to come by,"[/color] Simonachi coughed, [color="#00FF00"]"Of all people..."[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"]"I didn't come here to save you!"[/color] Klayu spat, [color="#FF8C00"]"I came to drag your ass back to The Facility where it belongs!"[/color]

[color="#00FF00"]"The hell good will that do?"[/color] Simonachi asked weakly, [color="#00FF00"]"There's no-one to keep me there, they've all been gone and sucked up by that same Earthbound that just about killed me."[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"]"I'm through with your lies!"[/color] Klayu protested, [color="#FF8C00"]"If it weren't for the fact that you're so god-damned delusional, we would've never lost our best officer!"[/color]

[color="#00FF00"]"Why... why would I... believe...?"[/color] Before Simonachi could finish asking this question, his breath had failed him, as he slipped out of the conciousness he would've required to stay alive.

[color="#FF8C00"]"BECAUSE YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR HER DEATH!!"[/color] Klayu finally snapped as he burst into tears, punching Simonachi's no-longer-live body as they rained down in the middle... of the road.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian was looking at his cards back at the Dark Signer's headquarters. He was awaiting Tovee's return. He knew that Tovee was successful in his duel because he felt the power of his Earthbound Immortal. Almost nobody could withstand that kind of power. And anyone that suffered the fate of losing would wonder the dark abyss of The Netherworld. Brian let a chukle slip out. Ever since his accident, he thought destruction and despair to other people was justice for what happened to him. When the Dark Signers took him in, he felt as though he had a real family. Brian looked and saw that Tovee was pulling in.

"I take it that our mission was a success?" asked Brian.

Tovee got off of his duel runner and nodded at Brian.

"We are one step closer to fulfilling our destiny," replied Tovee.

"It's only a matter of time before the Signers realize that time has run out for them." said Brian.

Cyrano looked upon the scene of Klayu and the dying man. [i]He's making a scene for no reason[/i], he thought, [i]People are watching Mr. High and Mighty breakdown and beat an already dead body senseless.[/i] Cyrano's jet black hair was covering the top of his eyes. The rain fell down harder and was drenching Cyrano's clothes until they were nondetachable from his body. He thought of why all of sudden throw a fit in the middle of the highway. Cyrano looked closely at the man and saw it was the same man who explained his mark. He began to walk out Klayu, "Hey man lets get this body out of the rain."

Outside, the rain fell harder and harder as time passed by. Lian was inside the safety and dryness of the Signers headquarters, so his dark blue jeans and his shirt were probably dryer than Klayu's and Cyrano's right now. He was busy fidgeting with his cards. "When will Klayu and Cyrano be back", Lian thought to himself. He shuddered to think what might have happened with them just wandering in the darkness with a heavy rain and Dark Signers that posed a threat daily. What if one of them met a Dark Signer along the way and lost a duel?

Lian wasn't looking outside of the window behind him, so he wasn't able to see the large Earthbound Immortal preparing to strike. When it did, Lian's Signer mark, the claw of the Crimson Dragon, began to sting and glow. He turned around to the window and saw the gigantic monster disappeear from sight. Lian knew that something had happened. He thought that either Klayu or Cyrano could have been in that duel. One other unfortunate duelist would be trapped in the Netherworld. Lian decided that he had to find out as quickly as possible. He ran down the stairs to the entrance door. He didn't think about putting on his raincoat or taking out his duel runner, and he ran out the door, sprinting to the duel site.

Eric had sensed the presence of Tovee’s Earthbound even though he was in the basement of D.S. Headquarters. He was sitting in a meditation position with four flame lit ritual bowls placed in the North, South, East, and West directions. The flame was acting very strangely, flowing in circle formation stemming from the bowls. “Hmph! More casualties. At least the world is getting its fair share of pain.” The flames roared and raged before vanishing. Eric stood from the center of the ritual site and grasped his duel deck. “But unless there is something for me to burn, I’ll never be content.” Eric left the basement and walked up to see Tovee and Brian together.

“Hey! Tovee, how many was it this time?”

Klayu sighed heavily. The tears have seemed to stop for now, but the memory of what Simonachi had done? Never, not as long as Klayu were to be able to remember some things. Whether it were to haunt him would be another story.

Klayu noted the rain that poured from the heavens, before turning to Cyrano.

[color="#FF8C00"]"You have no idea what I've been through,"[/color] he told him, lugging the body over his shoulder.

Meanwhile back at HQ, Eric had just asked how many more casualties Tovee caused.

[color="#800080"]"Just the one,"[/color] Tovee answered, [color="#800080"]"Think of it more as a well-timed assassination. With that one Signer out of the way, we won't have to worry so much about any crazy counter-attacks."[/color]

"I assume the signer wasn't much trouble." Eric stated. "So, which one was it?" Eric approached his D-Wheeler while he asked that question. He strapped his helmet and began to set himself ready to ride. He wanted to see some devastation, and was anxious to get his hands on any unlucky stranger that would dare cross his path. He set his Flame Barrier Deck on his duel runner, adjusted himself onto the seat and was preparing to take off.

---

[spoiler=Duel Runner][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/5l9e94.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

His shirt and pants were soaked after only 2 minutes of running in the rain. Filled with adrenaline, Lian kept running, just realizing that he could have taken his duel runner. "There's no turning back now", Lian said to himself, "Not while Klayu and Cyrano could be in danger". "Who was it that had lost to the Dark Signer?", Lian pondered while he a corner Lian suddenly stopped. Lian could make out a faint shape with his rain-blurred vision. Lian raced towards the shape, which quickly turned into 2 figures carrying another person that looked wounded, lifeless even. Finally, he could see the 3 familiar faces. "Klayu!" "Cyrano!" "What are you do... ".

That was when Lian saw who they were carrying; Simonachi's dead body. "What...happened...to Simonachi?"

Cyrano and Klayu just kept walking, but Klayu had whispered to Lian, "Dark Signer".

Klayu then glanced at his old Pursuit Deck, before returning it to his pocket. Simonachi managed to defeat these things all the time, as he was constantly evading Sector Security. Seeing him defeated was more than proof that the Pursuit Deck just wasn't strong enough to stand up to the Dark Signers. Which is why he spent his 'retirement' life trying to perfect another type of Deck, one that would hopefully manage to counter the Earthbound Immortals.

He picked up the top card of this newly created Deck, Armageddon Kaiser Dragon. This card happened to be his Signer Dragon, and its power was amplified thanks to Zombie World. But that wasn't the only thing the Field Spell Card could do. It also stopped the summoning of the Earthbounds, since not only did they mostly require to be Tribute Summoned, but in addition, none of those monsters were of the Zombie type... well, at least none of the likes that Klayu has seen before.

"Heh, well I don't need you to answer me. I'm off." Eric grasped the handles of his runner, placed it to a start and was off on the road. His runner hummed pleasantly, resembling the calm before the storm. It was raining, but that didn't bother Eric at all. He had customized his duel runner with a repealing shield that took care of these little troubles and kept him dry. After riding for a while, he found himself approaching the city. With two thrusts he sped on forward to the populated area.

Brian turned to Tovee.

"So," Brian began. "Who's going to be our next victim?"

Brian walked back over to his deck. It didn't matter who Brian had to face. He drew the top card of his deck and smiled. It was his Earthbound Immortal, Rorccon. He had absorbed so many souls with this card to feed and satisfy him. Even though Brian was unhappy with most of society, the few that he had respected for were treated like royalty. Time had not been a friend to Brian and Brian was not a friend of time. But there was no denying the fact that time was running out for the signers.

"Not that it matters," continued Brian. "Our Immortals will bring us victory in any and every duel."

[color="#800080"]"Which is why..."[/color] Tovee turned to look at Brian, [color="#800080"]"...I don't care. I see that Eric's already gone for a little hunting. Which reminds me, we're still missing a few Dark Signers."[/color]

Meanwhile, in the local cemetery, Revenova Deccesus wandered up and down the graves, seeming to be looking for someone. He predicted that this person would show up sooner or later, and his predictions have so far proven to never be wrong. Then again, he was a soothsayer by trade. It was just a matter of time.

As the rain continued to pour, lightning struck in the distance. It then struck again, and then once more, seemingly in the same location each time. It was improbable enough that lightning struck twice, but three times? Something was wrong out there, and yet there was no telling of what could possibly be the cause.

[color="#8B0000"]"'Tis a sign of Armageddon,"[/color] Revenova whispered.

Some time have passed and Eric had found a couple of duelists just outside of the city's borders. There was a small populated area that proved well to his liking. The two duelists were at their last few life points.

[color="#0000FF"]"Damn it! He counters everything we do! We can't stop him Tracy!"[/color]

"No, you can't. And now that I've cleared the way, you two as well as the rest of the inhabitants around here shall feed my Earthbound Immortal! I tune Kirya, Vulf, and Furiance! Breath of terror, the flames of inferno that unleash an evil power. Synchro Summon! Come forth, Xolotl, The lord of the Earthbound Immortals!"

A large Dragon/Hydra glyph appeared in the sky and in the ground. Several people began to scream as their souls began to be devoured into the large glimmer of stars. The stars began to be overshadowed by the heart of the Earthbound Immortal and soon, from the ground, erupted a large dragon with two dark hydra necks springing from its back.

[color="#006400"]"Oh my god.." said Tracy. "Jorge, I don't think we're gonna get out of this..."[/color]

"I'll personally make sure you don't. Xololt, attack them both directly!"

Xolotl's two hydra looking heads spewed firey beams at both duelists. The duelists screamed in pain, their duel runners taking heavy damage from the attack.

[center]Jorge: 800 --> 0
Tracy: 1400 --> 0[/center]

Xololt looked at the two duelists and devoured their souls as well, and with that he gave out a loud roar as it faded away.

"I'm still not satisfied...and I can tell that you aren't either Xolotl."

Eric continued riding looking for further victims.

[spoiler=Cards]
[spoiler=Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier]
[img]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3646/67897o.jpg[/img]
Name: Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier
Lore: When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. This card's battle position cannot be switched except by card effect. Once per turn, you can send 1 “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard and take 800 points of damage to Special Summon 1 “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck whose level is lower than the sent monster's. You cannot Special Summon "Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier" with this effect.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vulf, Hunter of the Flame Barrier]
[img]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
Name: Vulf, Hunter of the Flame Barrier
Lore: When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. Then Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. It is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Kirya, Phoenix of the Flame Barrier]
[img]http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4274/67897b.jpg[/img]
Name: Kirya, Pheonix of the Flame Barrier
Lore: When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. Then add 1 “Flame Barrier” card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=AND (obviously) Xolotl, the Lord of the Earthbound Immortals]
[img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/779/67897h.jpg[/img]
Lore: 1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters.
This card's name is always treated as "Earthbound Immortal". There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. This card's original ATK and DEF becomes 500 x the number of Synchro Material Monsters used to Synchro Summon this card. This card can attack one extra time for each non-Tuner Monster used to Summon this card. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard (either through battle or card effect), Special Summon it during the End Phase unless it was destroyed by its own effect. If this card is Special Summoned this way, increase its original ATK and DEF by 500 (permanently) and it can attack one extra time.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Suddenly both marks, the one on Klayu's arm and the one on one side of his face, began to pulsate a golden aura.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Damn it! That must be the second Earthbound out there,"[/color] Klayu cursed, before turning to Lian and Cyrano, [color="#FF8C00"]"You guys get back to HQ! I'll go ahead and give Simon a proper burial!"[/color]

Just before he managed to set off, however, a fourth shot of lightning struck a section of the highway ahead, as if to attempt to deter him from moving forward. For a second there, it almost worked, as Klayu never liked the sight or sound of lightning, let alone knowing it was so close to everyone. But he felt that he had to steel himself.

[color="#FF8C00"]'The Crimson Dragon didn't select me as its champion for nothing,'[/color] Klayu pondered, as he pressed on into the storm.

Lian hadn't been all that happy about being told to go back to HQ since there were still Dark Signers out their. Lian turned to Cyrano, "We'll go back to HQ, but I'm gonna take my duel runner out and follow Klayu. There will most likely be more than one Dark Signer out there at the moment." Lian ran off, hoping that Klayu and Cyrano would be safe. He wasn't 'really' disobeying orders. Lian was told to go back to HQ, not to go back and stay there. He kept runnning, not forgetting that his Sarcapian deck was in his jeans pocket, ready to be broughtn out the second a Dark Signer appeared. "This battle must end! The Dark Signers must die!", Lian thought to himself.

Since he was running like there was no tomorrow, Lian reached HQ in time. He found his duel runner standing on the street and hopped onto it. He revved the engine and drove away, thinking all the while "Dark Signer Scum, Dark Signer Scum."

Natsu walked in the rain looking for more victims. Then through the heavy rain he saw a shadowy figure(Kyle). "Theres no point" Natsu said to Klayu. "His soul has already been taken by the darkness. Feeding the earthbound immortals. All that's left of him is a shell, nothing more." Natsu then approach Klayu putting his hand on Klayu's shoulder. "You should just give up, there's nothing you can do." Then Natsu's sign started glowing, butterfly wings appeared one on each arm. " My sign is reacting to you, which can only mean one thing," Natsu looked at klayu in straight in the eyes. "Your a signer, aren't you?"

Terra had run out of soda and other necessities so he had to go to the store or starve to death. As he was walking down the road when he saw two guys making some kind of scene in the middle of the rain and it kinda creeped him out especially after he noticed that there seemed to be a dead body ling on the ground right next to them and it looked like he might be dead. Terra felt a pain run down the mark on his back but he decided that it would probably be a good idea to go before he gets a cold or something.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Blah, blah, blah,"[/color] Klayu spat at this new figure, who happened to rudely interrupt him, [color="#FF8C00"]"That's what all your little mates say just before I grind them into the miserable pulp they are! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta organise a remotely decent funeral for a fallen ally."[/color]

Klayu walked around the Dark Signer, not caring the least of how he were to react, and instead focusing on his destination. Little did he know that Revenova was waiting for him there, knowing that he'd show up at one state or another.

Cyrano smiled and turned away from the seen, [i]Those idiots are going to get themselves killed.[/i] Cyrano knew what had happened to Simonachi, he had met an ill fate on the "bosses" sister. Cyrano was sure that the crocodile had belonged to Tovee. As Cyrano walked away his stomach began to growl. [i]Great[/i] thought Cyrano, [i]I'm starving.[/i] He noticed a convince store and decided to walk in. He grabbed his favorite snacks and decided to dry up before heading back to the HQ. But then he noticed a tall well built kid wearing sunglasses under his long well kept hair. [i]Either a Dark Signer[/i] he thought to himself[i] or he's just a weird kid; might as well go find out.[/i] Cyrano walked up to the guy and said "Hey you."

It was unknown how Klayu managed to avoid a challenge from Natsu. But a challenge wasn't what Klayu needed right now. After all, the last timing one would want to die was before they could bury their friend's dead body.

Leaving the highway for good, it took Klayu a matter of 30 minutes to reach the local cemetery. Placing Simonachi's body deep under the earth, Klayu finally turned to leave before he was once again stopped in his tracks.

[color="#8B0000"]"I knew that you'd arrive sooner or later,"[/color] a familiar voice called.

"I suppose you're right Tovee," said Brian. "I'm going out for a little while. I have some matters that need to be tended to. Don't wait up for me or go looking for me. Although, I'm sure once my great beast emerges, you'll know exactly where I am."

Brian got on his duel runner and began to ride into the dark, stormy night. Along the way to his destination, a beginner duelist challenged him to a duel. A smile came across his face as darkness surrounded them and Speed World 2 was activated.

"Now my great beast, attack this amateur's life points directly and send him to The Netherworld!" commanded Brian looking at Earthbound Immortal Rorccon.

The young duelist looked scared when he was being attacked. Brian watched as he was transported to the Netherworld and continued on as his true goal was yet to be complete.

The rain was as hard as ever and Eric had finally taken notice of the lightning strikes. "They're too consistent to be natural." Eric judged the moment and decided to ignore the ominous calling card, continuing his ride across the city. Somehow the duel with the two other duelists had soured his appetite and so he decided to call it a day, making his way back to D.S. Headquarters.

Natsu stood there in the rain and watched as Klayu walk away. [i]I may not like people, but that doesn't mean I'm heartless.[/i] Natsu thought to himself. [i]You were showing your respects, which is why I didn't bother to challenge you.[/i] Natsu stayed there standing in the rain for a few more minutes. After those minutes he decided to walk around to find more people to duel, but this time actually duel. As he was walking he noticed that his dark signer sign stopped glowing. "Well, I guess he really was a signer" Natsu mumbled to himself. "Next time, I should stop having pity on my enemies."

Terra noticed a man had just said high to him and for some reason the mark and his back began to feel warm but it was to early to believe that it had any meaning but the mark itself was odd, when he went to a doctor as a child he said that it looked like a tattoo but it was made of pigment which is strange because birth marks never look that perfect. [color=blue][b]Um hey[/b][/color], Terra decided that it least talking to this guy while he shopped wouldn't be to much of a problem, hopefully he wasn't part of some weird religious group.

Lian's duel runner was at full speed. He turned the corner that he had passed before and headed in the same direction he saw Klayu go through. "Which Dark Signer wants to be the first to lose their lives?", Lian grunted. Lian deeply felt that the Dark Signers were the most vicious and cruel people he ever heard of. While he had been fortunate enough not to come across a Dark Signer in the past, it still upset Lian to know that innocent duelists with their whole lives ahead of them were having their souls fed to large, evil creatures that could destroy the world. Lian pushed harder on the throttle as he sped along the road. Lian suddenly stopped, for there was someone standing in front of him. Lian could telll without a doubt that this was a Dark Signer. Lian could sense Klayu's presence from earlier on. He got off his duel runner..

Archived