Yu-gi-oh! Duelist Diaries [IC/Started/Accepting]

Arthur disembarked of the cruise ship from Frosteria earlier than the recent events, only to be greeted by the loud echoing horn of the ship and the rain. The air that surrounded him, the air that surrounded those near him, was as cold as his heart. He felt that his mission had begun and went to find the allies he believed he was destined to fight the Dark Signers with. He suddenly felt a wind blowing behind him and followed it.

Arthur was challenged by a rookie duelist, which Arthur denied. The rookie taunted Arthur calling him a coward, then Arthur said '[color="#0000FF"]I have better things to do than beating you, child![/color]' The people of the city didn't enjoy Arthur's presence and they parted, like the Red Sea, just when he walked by to avoid the sinister presence he emitted.

The wind had taken him to the cementary where he saw someone moving. Arthur thought to himself '[color="#0000FF"]I wonder whats going on over there?[/color]' He followed the sound and then he saw Klayu. He then decided to approach them when all of a sudden his fang glowed brght blue. '[color="#0000FF"]Is he a Signers? Who are you!Why is my mark glowing? Are you my ally or my foe! Either way, prepare to feel the wrath of my Deck![/color]' He picked up his deck, looking at ''Ice Heart Dragon'', only waiting for a response from Klayu...It started to get much colder.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian was running behind from when he faced the beginner duelist. But that unfortunate soul was no trapped in The Netherworld. As Brian made his way through town, he saw a huge crowd gathered and decided to get a bird eye view. He turned the corner and busted through an old building and climbed his way to the roof top. The show was about to begin.

On the roof top, Brian shut down his duel runner and sat on the ledge of the building with his feet hanging off the roof.

"Maybe," Brian thought. "Maybe there will finally be someone worth dueling. The Signers must be defeated at all costs."

Brian took out his deck and closed his eyes.

"There aren't many people that can stand up of a Dark Signer. And the ones that can must be defeated before they learn the true nature of their capabilities!" said Brian.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Relax, I'm a Signer just like you,"[/color] Klayu told Arthur as he turned to him, before returning his attention back to Revenova, [color="#FF8C00"]"I have a feeling that it's him you should be worried about!"[/color]

[color="#8B0000"]"Huh, so... you think I'd pose a threat to you at this very moment,"[/color] Revenova goaded, [color="#8B0000"]"I think not. I've only arrived so I could show you the mammoth task ahead of you... You see, I'm a soothsayer by trade, and I happen to be the most powerful in the world, even after death."[/color]

[color="#FF8C00"]"The hell do you mean by 'even after death'?"[/color] Klayu asked, [color="#FF8C00"]"You're still pretty alive to me."[/color]

[color="#8B0000"]"As are all the Dark Signers,"[/color] Revenova lectured on, [color="#8B0000"]"In truth, we're all dead from the inside, and the only thing keeping us conscious and alive is the promise that we will have vengeance on this world. You've been told you may as well just give up, and that there is no hope you. And you've heard it too often for your liking. But the truth of the matter is that you're attempting to delay the inevitable... and it's not going to work!"[/color]

Just as Revenova finished this sentence, another lightning strike could be heard in the distance. Perhaps Revenova was right all along. Perhaps this unnaturally consistent array of lightning WAS a sign of Armageddon...

Meanwhile, Tovee received a notification. It seemed to state that a speed camera had clocked Lian going at 129MPH on his Duel Runner. This was well over the speed limit of 80MPH that was supposed to be enforced by Sector Security.

[color="#800080"]"Well, that's my cue to brave the storm again, I guess,"[/color] she said in a sarcastic tone.

"You're a signer aren't you" Natsu asked. "I can tell because not only is my sign glowing, but yours as well" Natsu then looked Lian with an emotionless look. "I'll say the same thing that I said to your friend, give up now. There isn't anything you can do." Natsu put his deck into his duel disk, just in case Lian wanted to do it the hard way. "But if you want to do this the hard way, well I'm ready. But before you do anything whats your name. "My name is Natsu, that's all you need to know."
Natsu then started to hear voices in his head.
[i]Get out! Get out of my body! I don't want to duel him, I don't even want to be involved in this. [/i] "Silence" Natsu yelled out, confusing Lian.

Lian watched curiously as the person known as Natsu randomly screamed out "Silence!". It was as if he was talking to someone inside himself. "That's impossible. this guy is purely evil." Lian took his duel disk off of his duel runner and attached it to his arm. He then took out his deck from his jeans pocket and placed it into the duel disk. things were about to get quite rough. "Signer versus Dark Signer", Lian said inside his head, "the outcome of this duel will drastically alter what happens during the war between Signers and Dark Signers". Lian, while brave as well, was a bit nervous. If he lost, this emotionless and heartless moron will continue to kill the innocent, and he, a Signer, will be given to his Earthbound Immortal as a sacrifice. If he won, then that would be one less Dark Signer ad will prevent others people getting hurt. Lian considered the odds. "There's no backing down now", Lian told himself. This Dark Signer must die!" Lightning crackled, and it seemed Lian had chosen the hard way.

Eric was still on his runner. He had accidentally taken an incorrect turn that swayed his path from headquarters to some other destination. "Damn it. I'm really out of focus today aren't I?" Just as he stated those words, the voice of Xolotl echoed around him. [i][color="#FF0000"]No. I was the one to take control of your hand, Eric. There is something you need to see.[/color][/i] Eric paid full attention to Xolotl, and soon found himself nearby two duelists preparing to battle. Eric recognized Natsu almost instantly and noticed that his mark was glowing. Not only that, but he noticed that a red glowing mark also shun brightly from the other duelist. "A signer. Is this what you wanted me to see Xolotl?" The dragon's voice echoed once more. [i][color="#FF0000"]Yes. You will not take in part of what is to unveil, but knowing your enemy's weaknesses is vital we are to ever succeed in our conquest.[/color][/i] Eric smirked. "Precaution, eh? It almost sounds as if you're scared of these signers." He looked at his extra deck and revealed Kagen Pyralis. "Don't worry about these pesky signers. Our strength shall overpower that of the Crimson Dragon." [i][color="#FF0000"]Do not get cocky. You may be a great duelist, and you've received my power as well...but you are not invincible.[/color][/i] "I'm well aware of that. But if I have to lose..." Eric glanced down onto Natsu and the signer, "then I'll take one of them down with me."

---

Don't hate me for this, but I have to: 1,000th POST!! W00T!!! LV5 Member! XD

OoC Note to Cody: Congrats, I guess... moving on.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Maybe humanity is doomed to cease to exist, but I will not allow the process to be sped up by such madmen as yourselves!"[/color] Klayu protested, activating his Duel Disk immediately, [color="#FF8C00"]"I challenge you to a DUEL!!"[/color]

[color="#8B0000"]"Please, you're far from ready to tackle the likes of me,"[/color] Revenova goaded, [color="#8B0000"]"However, I'll come back for you soon enough. In the meantime, I expect you to get some practice in, lest you value your life."[/color]

With that, Revenova vanished into the darkness, before Klayu could demand him to wait. Having nothing better to do, Klayu turned to Arthur, the only other man that could possibly accompany him in this graveyard.

[color="#FF8C00"]"So what brings you here, anyway?"[/color] Klayu asked.

'[color="#4169E1"]Why should we waste time talking! He got away! That coward! He shall taste the bitter cold breath of Ice Heart Dragon![/color]' Arthur belowed at Klayu. A bolt of lightning struck the ground. Arthur, after ceasing his rage, said to Klayu '[color="#4169E1"]I'm sorry for the way I acted. You see, years ago I was a much different person, possibly worse than that Dark Signer we encountered. But then I...you'll think I sound crazy. You see I'm an orphan and was raised by the worst of people in my homeland of Frosteria. Well, as I was saying, I duel the ghost of my father and lost, and funnily enough I saw life differently.[/color]' He then came to realise that Klayu was in a cementary. '[color="#4169E1"]Well the least you can do for not dueling me is by telling me who you are and why are you here? I'm Arthur, by the way.[/color]' Arthur smiled.

'My son has aided the Signer, o [color="#FF0000"]Crimson One[/color], grant me the power to aid him'

The sky began to snow, and as Tovee was preparing her runner the ghost of Athur's father appeared before her. To Tovee's suprise, he said 'My, my, Dark Signer, do not be alarmed to see me for you abilities are equally as impresive as mine. You, as a Dark Signer, have died and so you can see me. I greatly admire your abilities as a Duelist, but do you...' He watched the snow fall. 'Amazing isn't it. The Crimson One has granted me the abiliy to cause snow to fall when I descend from above...' He turned to Tovee once more. 'As I was saying, do you really enjoy the path you have taken? You remind me of my son Arthur, a Signer. He was as bad as you, possibly even worse. I managed to save his soul by showing him the light. But I can't bear to think about what would have happenend if I had lost. Do you want to take this path, child? This path so cruel, so sinister and corrupt that it will lead to your own self destruction? Please, child, hear me, as my words mean nothing if they have fallen onto deaf ears! Save yourself before its too late!' He awaited Tovee's response patiently, shedding a tear only a parent could weep, which turned into a snowflake. Unfortunately without recognizing his own flaw, he had revealed Arthur's first name.

An unbearable pain errupted in Cameron's chest as he sped along the highway. His birthmark was once again glowing, and it hurt like fricking hell. It had happened a few times lately, but not as intense as it did right now. He slowed the Emberhawk down, dismounted it and limped to the ridge of the highway, seeing two duelists getting ready to duel. Both of them had glowing marks on their bodies, just like Cameron's birthmark.

"D*** IT!" Cameron shouted out as the pain once again errupted with full power, but suddenly it stopped, but the mark did still feel warm. "What's going on?"

((By the way, I have two things to make clear. 1. CAmeron doesn't know that he's a Signer and 2. I call dibs on Fusion Tuners and the name Nexus Synchron.))

Cyrano looked at the guy, he was just trying to make small talk. He ignored the obvious awkwardness and noticed the guy was grabbing his arm. Almost grimacing, [i]Can't be,[/i] he told himself. He looked at this strange boy about same age and same build outlandish clothing he could tell he was from around here. He decided to ask him some questions, "So dude." He began to roll up his sleeve, "Wanna see something cool?" The look on this persons face was one of shock and disbelief. "What's wrong?" he asked knowing the answer would be the one he wanted.

Eric flinched briefly, and noticed that his head was being forced to turn. He relaxed his muscles and let Xolotl steer him to the location. Far off near the dueling highway he saw strong red glow. [i][color="#FF0000"]Another signer. It appears that several of them are out and about.[/color][/i] "Should I dispose of him...or her?" Eric awaited Xolotl's answer for a few moments. [i][color="#FF0000"]I suppose you are anxious for some danger, are you not?[/color][/i] "You know me too well. It would be nice to greet this signer with full force. Besides, I'm sure we can take on one of them, whomever he or she is." [i][color="#FF0000"]I have the power to stop you, you are aware of this fact?[/color][/i] "I've been aware of it ever since you presented yourself to me. Still, It would be nice to take care of the big details now before we settle into fixing the smaller ones. And here is a perfect opportunity to take care of one of those details." Eric waited for Xolotl's answer once more. [i][color="#FF0000"]Hmm...very well. Let us remove this follower of the Crimson Dragon.[/color][/i] Eric got on his runner and made haste to the location of the other signer. "I'm sure Natsu can take good care of himself." The way wasn't as far as Eric had thought and he found the mark's bearer within a few minutes, but he was not alone. He seemed to be in pain. As Eric began to approach him even more, his thoughts were confirmed as the mark on his back began to glow. "Well, this isn't your lucky day now isn't it?"

Cyrano began turned to see the new guy approached him and the unnamed boy. This man looked rather muscular and tanned. [i]Jersey Shore,[/i] he laughed to himself seeing the puzzled look on both of there faces. He looked at the guy and he seemed rather familiar, [color="#006400"][i]It is him[/i][/color] said the voice inside his head. When he said him he automatically knew what was going on and said to the kid he suspected to be a signer, "Get out of here!" He looked at the kids stunned face, "I said leave you have no clue whats about to happen." "You seem rather excited to see me don't you Mr. Flames?"

"Heh. Two signers? Or just one and his lackey? Either way, one, maybe even the both of you will be taken care of here and now." Eric's duel runner was humming louder than usual. "So which one of you will have the honor of being defeated by my hand? Will it be you, Mr. Green eyes, or you...Cyrano?" Eric clenched his fist on the handle slightly harder, staring down both of the duelists. "I shall burn you both into smithereens."

[color="#800080"]"You really expect me to turn back, after I've come this far?"[/color] Tovee asked this apparition mockingly, as she revved her Duel Runner, [color="#800080"]"Pah, even if I remotely had the desire, I don't think I can. Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta find myself an Arthur Crudelis."[/color]

With that, Tovee left DSHQ and proceeded to drive down the highway. She didn't expect to find this guy so suddenly. In fact, she only managed to find Simonachi so easily because, due to his insane criminal record, Sector Security was after his blood.

[color="#FF8C00"]"I'm Klayu Coma, and the Crimson Dragon has selected me as its champion,"[/color] Klayu had meanwhile introduced himself, [color="#FF8C00"]"I was here to bury an ally, and that was before he showed up."[/color]

Klayu turned to the grave that he dug earlier. There was no headstone there. There wasn't even a symbol of the True Cross. It just went to show how little time Klayu felt he had to give Simonachi a proper funeral.

[color="#FF8C00"]"His soul was extinguished by one of the Earthbound Immortals,"[/color] Klayu continued, [color="#FF8C00"]"And I was there to hear his last words. He went to say that that particular one had sucked all the souls of the people at The Facility... but I didn't believe him. I mean, I'm aware that these things can drain multitudes of mortal souls but... there's tens of thousands of people there. Surely they couldn't have all been drained by that monstrosity..."[/color]

Xolotl's voice echoed around Eric. He knew he was the only one who could hear him, but he still seemed so loud. [i][color="#FF0000"]Watch yourself Eric. Two signers may be too much for you to handle alone.[/color][/i] [i]I know, and I'm aware of the situation. Still, one of these guys seems weak, and the other seems to dwell in a form of overconfidence that I can take advantage of. My best form of tactic right now is to take them both down in their current state, or lure one of them into a duel and finish him swiftly, quickly, and effectively.[/i] Eric's eyes tightened their gaze at Cyrano. [i][color="#FF0000"]Just don't toy with them. Whether their good duelists or not, do not underestimate their power and take advantage of any openings they leave in your wake.[/color][/i] Eric grinned a little. [i]I said effectively, no?[/i] He glanced at the other duelist before returning his stare at Cyrano. "So, who's it going to be?"

Terra was pretty confused at what was going on but it seemed like one of these guys had a similar mark as him only on his arm instead of his back but he thought that it didn't matter or maybe part of their connection was why it was different. Terra then thought to himself that it was odd that he felt a connection to somebody he just met but the other guy seemed to be part of some weird cult by the way he was dressing and things were probably going to end badly. [color=blue]Can someone tell me whats going on because this is getting kinda confusing and I feel like this is going to be really troublesome.[/color]

"Endymion, Strike him directly and end this duel." Rinzler's rather cold expression never wavered as his monster sent a large wave of dark energy towards his opponent. The man dropped to his knees, exclaiming a rather large assortment of curses and swearing from his defeat. Rinzler shook his head as his duel disk closed and he took in the man. "Be humble in your defeat sir. You fought well and in the end, the more experienced duelist won." With that, Rinzler turned and began to walk away from his former opponent. Rain pelted his face as he tucked the collar of his coat over his face to prevent the water from hitting him more. He was somewhat frozen from the cold water splashing him, but he refused to seek shelter from it. A deep voice called to him in his mind. [i]Something troubles you. I can sense it Duelist.[/i] He shook his head. "You saw how that duelist was my old friend, he threw his monsters away like they were fodder of his will. How can anyone do that and call themselves duelists?" A rather vague and shadowy hand rested on Rinzler's shoulder, though only he could see it. [i]Perhaps, not everyone sees dueling as you do.[/i] "You have a point Endymion....you have a very good point." He paused at a Cemetery gate, his singular gaze catching the faint outline of two people in the distance, shadowed by the lighting that struck here and there. Pushing the gate open, his curiosity got the best of him, and slowly, he made his way in the direction of the figures he had seen.

[color="#4B0082"]"Must feeeed..."[/color] Ruina Occasus was still hungry for souls, disliking the idea of only getting the one human that Tovee might have 'assassinated' each day. Tovee, on the other hand, hated the idea of just absorbing any old mortal soul, unlike the other Dark Signers, instead opting to save her Earthbound for those who truly deserved to suffer.

Just as she was riding along, a large bike gang had surrounded her, with a couple of them trying to hijack her Duel Runner. All that really achieved though was Tovee revealing herself to a Dark Signer.

[color="#800080"]"Eat it, retards!"[/color] Tovee shouted in a distorted voice, picking up one of the cronies with one hand and slamming it into another, [color="#800080"]"Now, let's try this more civilly! You win, you can have the damned bike, since you seem to want it so badly. But if I win, I feed you all to this one big ass crocodile!"[/color]

[color="#808000"]"Fine by me, but you're gonna lose this duel faster than you made that guy back there lose his tooth!"[/color] the leader goaded. But boy was he wrong. Only five minutes into the duel and both duelists had gone down to less than a quarter of their total Life Points. Although the leader had managed to summon the Wicked Dreadroot, Tovee still had a trick up her sleeve.

[color="#800080"]"It's over mortal,"[/color] Tovee declared, [color="#800080"]"I still have Jurrasic World and Big Evolution Pill on my side of the field, and I summon Earthbound Immortal Ruina Occasus!"[/color]

Earthbound Immortal Ruina Occasus arrived onto the field, having a little feeding frenzy on the rest of the bike gang's souls. It also decided to eat some of the victims' flesh itself, just because it could.

[center][b](Dinosaur-type/DARK/Level 10/3400 ATK/2450 DEF)
Earthbound Immortal Ruina Occasus' ATK/DEF: 3400/2450 --> 1700/1225 --> 2000/1525[/b][/center]

[color="#808000"]"Too bad, I activate Trap Hole!"[/color] shouted the leader.

[color="#800080"]"Too bad alright... for you. I activate Quick Attack! This card allows my Earthbound to attack right now!"[/color]

[color="#808000"]"Huh, you gotta be kidding me,"[/color] the leader scoffed, [color="#808000"]"My monster has WAY more Attack Points!"[/color]

[color="#800080"]"And you assumed I'd attack your monster, why?"[/color] Tovee asked mockingly [color="#800080"]"Cause you really are dumber than you look, so allow me to let you in on a little something. These things don't attack monsters, they attack Life Points directly. Adiós, dick!"[/color]

[color="#808000"]"Oh no you don't,"[/color] the leader shouted, [color="#808000"]"Mirror Force, activate!"[/color]

[color="#800080"]"I think not!"[/color] Tovee declared, [color="#800080"]"You activate a trap, Earthbound returns to my hand, trap is negated and we both take damage equal to Earthbound's Attack. Also, even if both our Life Points hit zero at the same time, you still lose. Now, I think I'll celebrate with a little song."[/color]

A massive explosion ensued, that engulfed the gang leader and obliterated him and his Duel Runner into nothingness. Tovee and her Duel Runner were unaffected. In fact she decided to put on the radio just to liven her mood a little bit.

[center][b]Tovee's LP: 950 --> 0
Leader's LP: 1050 --> 0[/b][/center]

[color="#800080"]♪♫"Dooooon't say if I were you,"♫♪[/color] Tovee sang as the radio blared onwards, [color="#800080"]♪♫"Or tell me what you'd do-oo. Or things would be if... you were in my shoes, 'cause you're not me!"♫♪[/color]

'[color="#4169E1"]I don't know what to say, Klayu...[/color]' Arthur replied. He then noticed a massive explosion on the horizon. '[color="#4169E1"]I wonder what that could be?[/color]' Arthur thought to himself. He then realised that he was standing in the snow with Klayu. '[color="#4169E1"]Should we get out of this snow? Its quite cold and if we stay out here any longer we will probably come down with something. Then we will be in no fit state to fight the Dark Signers.[/color]' Suddenly both Arthur and Klayu felt a gust of wind charging towards the explosion and Arthur was ready to move, but before he set off he said '[color="#4169E1"]Looks like I have a change of plan! I always believed that if you follow the wind you'll be alright! You coming?[/color]'...Before he gave Klayu a chance he walked off with the wind and then stopped. Arthur saw the man coming towards him. 'Who [color="#4169E1"]are you and what business do you have! Tell me now or I will tear you limb from icy limb![/color]'. Klayu noticed that Arthur's evil side had taken over his mind.

Rinzler looked up with his singular gaze at the man addressing him. "Bit bold to just hand out threats to someone you do not yet know. Would it not have been nicer to simply ask who I was without threatening to tear me asunder?" He stopped a bit away from the two as he took in both of their appearances. "Furthermore, one could ask what exactly you all are doing out here in a place where we lay our dead to rest." He shrugged as his eye looked between the men, then to the hole in the ground for the new grave. A million questions flooded his mind but none of them would be answered for none of them he would ask. His gaze returned to Arthur. "To answer your question though, my name is Rinzler, and my business is my own. What is it to you? And furthermore, perhaps you could do me the same kindness and tell me just who exactly you two are? I haven't see either of you around before, then again, I don't go out much."

Lian looked a bit nervous at the moment. Firstly, there was another Dark Signer right next to him who clearly wanted to kill someone badly. Secondly, Cyrano was in the middle of the situation as well. Lian had hoped that neither the other Signers or himself would get themselves into this type of situation. Even with Cyrano, it would still be extremely difficult to face 2 Dark Signers. Lian knew that there was no other choice but to have a tag team duel. "Cyrano, looks like we gotta duel". Lian's expression suddenly became that of a confident and skilled duelist. Next to him, on his duel runner, the other Dark Signer was grinning and was probably excited to be able to devour another duelist. Natsu, the Dark Signer in front of Lian, had an unknown expression on his face. Either he was exctied to duel, or he was nervous because he might lose. "Either way, Lian thought to himself, "this duel is gonna happen, and it's gonna get rough."

Arthur sead in an extremelly unfamiliar and sinister voice that was not his own '[color="#4169E1"]Sillence, mortal! All are the enemy of the Ice King! Ready your...AaAAaarghhh!!![/color]' Arthur's forearm glowed ferociously and an icy wind forced itself towards Rinzler. Klayu realised that the evil side of Arthur had returned. Arthur, with his normal voice, said '[color="#4169E1"]Lookout![/color]' Arthur warned Rinzler. '[color="#4169E1"]AaAaArgHH!!![/color]' Arthur's eyes began to glow and the wind just missed Rinzler. Arthur than spoke to Rinzler in an unfamiliar but calmer voice. '[color="#00BFFF"]I am Wesley Crudelis. Sorry about my son, the one I am controlling. Hee hee! Its harder to control Signers than I thought! My son is trying to apologize, but he has been corrupted by a Spirit known as the King of Ice. I am trying to get the card destroyed as we speak, but you see it is a very powerful card and anyone I thoughtcapable of the task has become corrupted by it. Rinzler, Klayu, heed my warning, for the evil of the Ice King will certainley condemn you, Signers, the Dark Signers, and everyone you hold close, to a life of Ice. Now listen up because this is where things get complicated and I haven't much time left! Tovve Coma is currently in pursuit for Arthur and she will duel him. I need you both to ensure everyone is far away from the Duel as possible, because to free my son, we must unleash the Ice King within him! Tell Arthur what I have told you and that his mother and I love him...!!![/color]' The voice died away and the snow stopped, reaveling a beautiful starry night sky above the world. And Arthur came to his senses.'[color="#4169E1"]What happened?[/color]'.

Cyrano looked at the kid, "Hey man just hang back for a sec, kay?" He didn't wait for his answer an he bore his eyes into Eric's. "I'll be your opponent," he told the dark signer, "Even if you think you're hot stuff Mr. Flames." "I'll cool you down," he said thinking his snide comment was pretty good. "If you really want to duel me you'll have to get off that duel runner as I don't have mine with me," he told the large man. The mans eyes seemed dark and eerie. "I'll let you get this party started," Cyrano said pulling out his duel disk, "But I'd prefer to stay on two feet."

Klayu struggled to think... he had no idea if he absorbed everything that Wesley said, or if he even believed any of it. But it made no sense to leave Arthur in the dark about this whole thing.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Hey um, Tovee will be looking for you,"[/color] Klayu told Arthur, [color="#FF8C00"]"Don't worry if she finds you and forces you into a duel, just make sure to give it your all. I better get going and check on the other signers."[/color]

Klayu then turned to leave, but suddenly realized that he forgot to say something else.

[color="#FF8C00"]"Oh and um, both of your parents still love you,"[/color] he then went to say, before leaving the cemetery.

"Hmph." Eric willingly obeyed Cyrano's request. He released his duel disk from his duel runner and shut the vehicle down. "At least one of you is anxious to get things started." Eric prepared his deck. "And I think you'll find it very difficult to quench my flames. In fact, I don't think you'll be able to at all." The duel disk shuffled his cards. With a wave of his hand, a wall of flame sealed off the paths of the road. "There. Now we won't be interrupted anytime soon, so brace yourself for defeat at the hands of my Earthbound God!" Eric laughed menacingly.

The life point count was set to 8000, and Eric began the duel.

“Let’s get this started. I summon Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier!”

A firey mage appeared onto the field. The flames wrapped behind him and took the shape of several creatures.

“Now I activate it’s effect. By taking 800 points of damage, I can send 1 ‘Flame Barrier’ monster from my Deck to the Graveyard and Special Summon 1 ‘Flame Barrier’ monster from my Deck whose level is less than the level of the sent monster. I send Surgoth (LV5) to the graveyard…”

The flames behind the mage took the form of a large burning fiend before dispelling. Some of the flames scattered onto Eric and his life points dropped. (8000 - 800 --> 7200)

“…Now I summon Vulf, Hunter of the Flame Barrier in Attack Position!”

A large volcanic wolf made it’s way onto the field. It was full of burning rage.

“I set two cards face-down and end my turn.”

[Spoiler=Eric’s Stats]
Life: 7200
Monster Zones: Furiance | Vulf | N/A | N/A | N/A
Spell Zones: Face-down | Face-down | N/A | N/A | N/A
Hand: 3
[spoiler=Graveyard]
Surgoth, Pyro Lord of the Flame Barrier x 1
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Removed from play]
N/A
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cards]

[spoiler=Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier][img]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3646/67897o.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b] When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. This card's battle position cannot be switched except by card effect. Once per turn, you can send 1 “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard and take 800 points of damage to Special Summon 1 “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck whose level is lower than the sent monster's. You cannot Special Summon "Furiance, Creator of the Flame Barrier" with this effect.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Surgoth, Pyro Lord of the Flame Barrier][img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/6118/67897f.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b] When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. This card can be Special Summoned from your hand while you control 2 different “Flame Barrier” monsters on the field. While this card is face-up on the field, FIRE monsters you control other than this card are unaffected by your opponent’s Trap cards.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vulf, Hunter of the Flame Barrier][img]http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1830/67897.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b] When this card is destroyed, both players take 800 points of damage. Then Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower “Flame Barrier” monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. It is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.[/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Archived