The YCM "GCM" Project

Strider Tigerwolf

[center]What does GCM stand for? Group Card Making! I know how several of us want to showcase our individual ideas, but what if we started making a few ideas...together? This is something I really want to see test out and so, we are going to have several aims going on at a given time. What we're going to do is basically place "skeleton" cards like this:[/center]

[center][spoiler=Skeleton][/center]
[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rzqmhx.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][/spoiler][/center]

[center]Our objective will be to "fill in" the card given each other's points of views. There will be disputes, there will be awesomness, but more importantly, THERE MUST BE COOPERATION![/center]

[center]All rules for RC are applied. No ifs, no ands, no buts.[/center]

[center]The MAX number of cards there can be at a time are 10 (for the moment) and only 1 "Skeleton" slot can be used by 1 Member at a time! You guys can place "skeletons" here along with your images as well, but again ONLY 1! When the "Skeleton Card" is complete, it will be posted on the YCM - GCM Project Gallery in the Finished Section. Now...let the project commence![/center]

[center][spoiler=Skeleton 1][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 2][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 3][/center]
[center]Started by [member='The Dark Knight'][/center]
[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2rzqmhx.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 4][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Skeleton 5][/center]
[center]Started by [member='sora1499'][/center]
[center][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/121686.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 6][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 7][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]

[center][spoiler=Skeleton 8][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 9][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]
[center][spoiler=Skeleton 10][/center]
[center]N/A[/center]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349722985' post='6040394']
In plain man's speaking, yes. Is it a crazy idea, probably. Is it an innovative one? Perhaps.
[/quote]

It's interesting, I can tell you that.

Anyways, here's a Skeleton card for the second slot:

[spoiler=Skeleton Card 2][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/120461.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1349723041' post='6040396']
I love this idea. The collabaration in itself to create an archetype is brilliant. I'll be making a card in a little bit to start it off. What we really need is a common goal, to begin with.
[/quote]

We do, but in general, we may be just trying to create cards that will more or less be useful in different aspects..although an archtype could be quite interesting in it's own development.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1349723140' post='6040398']
It's interesting, I can tell you that.
[/quote]

Thank-you~ Oh and added!

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1349723362' post='6040404']
I see. I'm wondering, will we upload card pic and then add effects to them through discussion and suggestion or will it be in some other way?
[/quote]

Through discussion.

Also...Zanda, what do you have in mind for your card?

For the one I started...I'm thinking...Rocks for some reason.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349723437' post='6040406']
For the one I started...I'm thinking...Rocks for some reason.
[/quote]

I was honestly thinking Machine for your card, as if you pay attention to the artwork of the card, the monster is actually one giant lock mechanism. So it could be a Machine that stops some sort of card type, possibly Monster Effects as Jinzo and Spell Canceler exist, or Special Summons. Like, [i]"During either players turn, when a monster is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). No other monster can be Special Summoned during the turn when this card was Special Summoned.".[/i]

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349723437' post='6040406']
Also...Zanda, what do you have in mind for your card?
[/quote]

Welp, Dragons I'd assume, but any idea I have at the moment would just have an effect that would give support for Chaos Dragons and I don't think that would be needed.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349723988' post='6040420']
Chaos Dragons really don't need the extra help atm...but prehaps "Elemental" Dragons? Or is that being too racist on the card?
[/quote]

Oh, I have an idea; make my card a Monarch-esque monster that supports the "Element" archetype?

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349723988' post='6040420']
A machine that could work...for refining rocks? Lol, kinda like a Furnace. I'm...actually liking the complexity of that.
[/quote]
It could be a Machine that supports Rocks. There's not enough monsters that support monsters of a different type (like Frontier Wiseman, only without the suck). And as long as it's EARTH, it wouldn't interfere with Block Golem.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1349724071' post='6040423']
Oh, I have an idea; make my card a Monarch-esque monster that supports the "Element" archetype?
[/quote]

That does seem quite nice. Thinking Search/Control/etc? I'm thinking..."Good Beater" for it.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349724223' post='6040427']
It could be a Machine that supports Rocks. There's not enough monsters that support monsters of a different type (like Frontier Wiseman, only without the suck). And as long as it's EARTH, it wouldn't interfere with Block Golem.
[/quote]

While I do like the idea of making it Earth...and I do like the idea of not interfering with Block Golem...I kinda don't want Block Golem to abuse the card, even if it's for food. But...a Level 4 monster is a good idea, so I should probably add in that "structure".

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1349724408' post='6040429']
While I do like the idea of making it Earth...and I do like the idea of not interfering with Block Golem...I kinda don't want Block Golem to abuse the card, even if it's for food. But...a Level 4 monster is a good idea, so I should probably add in that "structure".
[/quote]

Refiner Unit 4-71
Level 4 / EARTH
Machine / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if all the monsters in your Graveyard are EARTH. This effect of "Refiner Unit 4-71" can only be activated once per turn.

Yeah, I think we should go with the idea of it being a refiner of rock, so the effect could consist of banishing rocks from your Graveyard, then get a new rock from your deck (possibly a monster with the same name as the banished)? Also, stats could be like, 1700+ for ATK and like, something random for DEF?

That does seem quite nice. Thinking Search/Control/etc? I'm thinking..."Good Beater" for it.
[/quote]

Element Draginus
Level 6 / LIGHT or DARK (I have no idea atm)
Dragon / Effect
If you control a face-up "Element" monster(s), you can Normal Summon this card without Tributes. As long as this card is face-up on the field, "Element" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for every FIRE, WATER, WIND and EARTH monster on the field.

The ATK and DEF could be in the lines of 2000 sth, possibly 2200? And the name could be better, leave that as a temporary name.

[/quote]
Well, if it's Machine, Block Golem can't summon it...

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1349724940' post='6040440']
Refiner Unit 4-71
Level 4 / EARTH
Machine / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if all the monsters in your Graveyard are EARTH. This effect of "Refiner Unit 4-71" can only be activated once per turn.

Yeah, I think we should go with the idea of it being a refiner of rock, so the effect could consist of banishing rocks from your Graveyard, then get a new rock from your deck (possibly a monster with the same name as the banished)? Also, stats could be like, 1700+ for ATK and like, something random for DEF?
[/quote]
If we want to bill it as support for Rock Stun, since that's currently the [s]only[/s] standard kind of rock deck, it would have to be 1800 ATK minimum.

I'm tempted to actually do the opposite - recycle banished Rocks instead of banishing them. Anybody know if Gigantes and Gaia Plate in Rock Stun is doing it wrong? Because if they actually belong in the deck, you're actually going to end up doing a fair bit of banishing, and recycling therefore makes sense.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349725246' post='6040444']
I'm tempted to actually do the opposite - recycle banished Rocks instead of banishing them. Anybody know if Gigantes and Gaia Plate in Rock Stun is doing it wrong? Because if they actually belong in the deck, you're actually going to end up doing a fair bit of banishing, and recycling therefore makes sense.
[/quote]

Yeah, that should work out nicely. So, should there be a cost for the recycling? I'm kinda leaning to the side that it should have a cost, but I have no idea what the cost should be without crippling the deck.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1349725509' post='6040447']
Yeah, that should work out nicely. So, should there be a cost for the recycling? I'm kinda leaning to the side that it should have a cost, but I have no idea what the cost should be without crippling the deck.
[/quote]
Well, the most basic effect would be:
[b]Once per turn: You can discard 1 card/Rock-Type monster to target 1 of your banished Rock-Type monsters; Return it to your hand.[/b]

Or we could make the recycling itself the cost to do something, like:
[b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck/Main Deck; Add 1 Level 4 or lower/Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/b]

Or maybe:
[b]You can Tribute 1 monster to target 1 of your banished Rock-Type monsters; Special Summon that target. The effect of "Monster Name" can only be used once per turn.[/b]

Those are the first ideas that come to mind.

Refiner Unit 4-71 (keeping the name, it's just awesome)
Level 4 / EARTH
Machine / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if all the monsters in your Graveyard are EARTH. This effect of "Refiner Unit 4-71" can only be activated once per turn. [i]You can banish this card on the field: Target up to 2 banished EARTH monsters; shuffle those targets into your Deck.[/i]
1850/500
[/quote]

Thoughts on stats and last effect?

Element (Wyvern?)
Level 6 / LIGHT or DARK (I have no idea atm)
Dragon / Effect
If you control a face-up "Element" monster(s), you can Normal Summon this card without Tributes. As long as this card is face-up on the field, "Element" monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for every FIRE, WATER, WIND and EARTH monster on the field.

The ATK and DEF could be in the lines of 2000 sth, possibly 2200? And the name could be better, leave that as a temporary name.
[/quote]

1900 ATK sounds decent imo since it'll have effect destruction shield + it can gain decent amount of ATK except against Choas/Pures (lightsworns/DARK/Inzektors/etc).

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349725955' post='6040453']
Well, the most basic effect would be:
[b]Once per turn: You can discard 1 card/Rock-Type monster to target 1 of your banished Rock-Type monsters; Return it to your hand.[/b]
[/quote]

Fuel for it's own brothers. This would make Gigastone a MUCH better target.

Or we could make the recycling itself the cost to do something, like:
[b]Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 of your banished Rock-Type monsters into the Deck/Main Deck; Add 1 Level 4 or lower/Level 4 Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.[/b]
[/quote]

Shuffle 2 to add 1...seems like a Stratos-esque effect. Maybe generic draw could be better?

Or maybe:
[b]You can Tribute 1 monster to target 1 of your banished Rock-Type monsters; Special Summon that target. The effect of "Monster Name" can only be used once per turn.[/b]
[/quote]

This could also work :o

[quote name='Dr. Cakey Arclight' timestamp='1349728114' post='6040467']
So what you're saying is I'm a genius?
[/quote]

Yes, yes I am. Personally I like the second effect you stated...but instead of search -> Draw.

Reason? We want to give Rock Stun a "Good" card, not "THE" card, and giving them an ability of handing them over Koa'ki, Block Golem or such may be pushing it.

On the "Element" card, I just had an idea. Currently, the Element Cards have the following effects:

● EARTH: Negate the effect of an Effect Monster that this card destroyed by battle.
● WIND: If this card destroyed your opponent's monster by battle, it can attack once again in a row.
● FIRE: This card gains 500 ATK.
● WATER: Control of this card cannot switch.

What if your monster...can be Summoned "using" 2 "Element" monsters, and "gains their effects"? ALSO: If both those "Element" monsters had the same effect; face-up "Element" monsters gain that effect?

@Dark Night - So what are you currently thinking on your card?

Archived