[Finished]Endet. garlandchaos wins again.

Northern Sage

[spoiler=Rules:]- All YCM and Card Contest rules apply. No spamming, trolling, flaming, etc.

- Aside from mod intervention, my say is final here.

- This thread may only be used for entering and questions regarding the contest and judging. Please take otherwise discussion to PM.

[spoiler=For Contestants]- Written cards are allowed, some things might be difficult to find art for. Name/Level/Attribute/Type/Stats/Effect need to be submitted at the very least in this case.

- As I will only accept 8 contestants, please tell me in good time if you no longer want to participate for whatever reason, so I can open up for a new contestant if it happens.

- You are not allowed to change the card once submitted, but fixing errors and such is allowed. If I notice anything fundamental, like materials for an Extra Deck monster missing, I may point it out.

- You are free to elaborate on elements you think need explaining underneath your entry, but it's not necessary and I'll make sure that it won't make any particular difference.

- I will not judge on Grammar, but using PSCT is still preferred for general understanding of what the effect does. Using either TCG or OCG style is fine.

- Entries should be submitted through PM. I will take it upon myself to send it to other judges if applicable.

- Submitting a couple of hours late to the deadline is okay, but I will stop submissions the next day.

[spoiler=For potential judges:]- Submit your grading rubric as soon as possible so I can include it in this OP.

- Please be as clear as possible with your rubric so the contestants know what you expect from them.

As per the judging rules, you cannot bring in a part of the score based solely on a card picture, and you cannot have an OCG score higher than 20% of the total.

- Make sure to tell me if you do are not able to anymore ASAP, so I know in time how much judging is to take place.

[spoiler=Deadline:]February 1st, 11:59 PM

[spoiler=Requirement:]For this contest, you are to make a card based off any card that is anime- or manga-exclusive at this point, from any of the series. The card should be made in a realistic standard, and in some way fit with how the card worked in the anime. You are to make one card, that can stand alone or support any existing Archetype in the game. Otherwise, you are given free reign.

Cards appearing in Tag Force and similar are allowed, but should differ from how they are in those.

[spoiler=Judges:]Judges:

1. Dragon Sage

Balance/Usability (40)

Interaction with other cards in the game. While Konami sometimes makes cards that break the game in half or cards that are totally useless, I do not want either of those extremes.

Flavor (40)

For a good score, the card's theme, whatever it may be, should be reflected throughout the card. How well it uses the original anime card as a basis will also be scored here.

Creativity (20)

I do not demand the invention of totally new concepts here, just playing around with what exists. The other aspects of the card can also play into this, as well as how you approached how it appeared in the anime or manga.

[spoiler=Contestants:]Only 8 will be accepted. Contestants in bold have entered their cards.

1. Enguin
  2. Dova
  3. garlandchaos
  4. Hawkbishop
  5. Zanda Panda
  6. cardgameking
  7. Azure Wolf
  8. VCR Cat

[spoiler=Pot and prizes:]Pot=5000 points

Donations are welcome~

1st place: 60% of pot and 5 likes

2nd place: 30% of pot and 3 likes

3rd place: 10% of pot and 1 like

[spoiler=Useful links:] Anime only cards

Manga-only cards

Can be very useful in finding art

You made the deadline February 1st; don't you complain at me, mister!

That is highly inaccurate, as I'm the one setting the deadline, at least last I checked.

It was set just so I could have a distinguished and easy to remember deadline.

On that note, Dova and cardgameking have submitted as well.

Archived