[Leaderboard] Speedroid vs Striker CLOSED Striker WINS!

~~~~

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by 3PM EST on the 24th of January wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must explain why they are voting for whatever it is that they are voting for.
The contestants and I have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why we don't accept it.
Contestants have 12 hours after the last vote is cast to refuse any vote within reason.

Cards MUST be in written format. (No cards with or without images).

The task of this contest is to make an monster (either main or extra deck) that is inherently Summonable during your opponent's turn. (And not by Formula Synchron.) The card must have a Summoning Condition that doesn't start a chain and that allows it to be Summoned at some point during your opponent's turn.

The other contestant must PM their card to me by 3PM EST on the 23rd of January. I will be a contestant for this contest.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A - Striker

Pyro Serpent

Level 4/FIRE/Pyro/Effect

1500/200

You can only Special Summon 1 "Pyro Serpent" per turn. During your opponent's turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; change it to Defense Position, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to its Level x200. You can only use this effect of "Pyro Serpent" once per turn.

Card B - Speedroid

September's Scepter

Level 9/WIND/Plant/Fusion/Effect

2750/3700

3 Rock-Type monsters OR 3 EARTH Plant-Type monsters

Must be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) during either player's Main Phase, using the above cards from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card on the field, also if this card was Special Summoned during Main Phase 2, you can target 1 additional card on the field; destroy them. You can only use this effect of "September's Scepter" once per turn.

Alright then

Pyro Serpent is a funny card. It's pretty weak, in my opinion, as most of the time its niche is filled better by Speedroid Menko. You'd rarely summon it outside of BP anyway, as there's barely any reasons to do it. However, it's cute and can be more versatile than Menko since it can be summoned when you control a monster, and the burn can be pretty nice.

Not a fan of Scepter. The fact that it doesn't start a chain helps nerf it, but it's still a problematic design. It just...appears out of nowhere, then pop something. It doesn't even actually require commitment, and it has a really good stat to go with it. It can be quite hard to read...idk, it does feel like a card that would be interesting to play with and against, but the concept is pretty abhorring, personally. It forces your opponent to play awkwardly, and even if you don't have the resource to drop it, if your opp knows you have the thing in your ED, it will affect their judgment and choices a lot, making things unnecessarily restricting.

Vote for A.

Card A is a bit lackluster to be honest. Its effect on the Summon is useful when you are being attacked with one monster, and if that monster is a boss monster you can deal quite a bit of burn damage, but its low stats and survivability, especially since its just able to be Bottomless'd, brings it down again. Then again, Level 4, so Rank 4 all the way, but there's that Speedroid monster now, so...yeah.

Card B is...wow. Big stats and neat effect, but difficult to get out nvm it can send from the hand. Fabulous. So you don't even need any monsters on the field, and you can get this bad boy during either player's turn? This card is hanging a on the overpowered side. The allowing you to summon with no field along with the pop and Defense makes it a very annoying and powerful card.

Therefore, I vote for Card C.

...heh. If only. Actually, I'd go with A. It's not too bad, it might actually see some play in Burn/FIRE decks. I'd rather have that than the power that is B.

Vote for A.

Card A is sort of like a Battle Fader-esque CyDra (if that's actually an appropriate analogy). Granted, you don't get the burn if you use it against an Xyz, but still softens stuff. However, this point is somewhat dampened by the fact that a good amount of bosses can't be targeted at all (see Dark Destroyer / Kozmos and some other things).

Ah yes, it's also a target for Jigabyte (not too sure if EmEm want it, but that's an option).

----

Card B is questionable in design.

It's a 27/37 monster that can be SS'd simply by using any 3 Rocks/EARTH Plants (somewhat similar to controller-restricted Super Poly or something along those lines), and pops something as well. I don't know how well Rocks can hold field advantage nowadays, so thinking they'll do it mostly from the hand.

At least there's a hard OPT on the amount of times you can pop it, but yeah it feels too easy to bring out + has a high stat to boot.

Most players will have an MP2, so if this comes out then, your opponent loses 2 cards.

-----

So yeah, voting for A.

Archived