[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Draconus

Dova

All of the 1v1!

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-The contest ends GMT+0 12:00 Feb 17th.

Requirement:

Ritual Spell that supports multiple Ritual monsters EXCEPT by name.

Card A:

Negative Flame Ritual

Ritual Spell

Tribute DARK and/or FIRE monsters from your hand or side of the field, except Ritual monsters, whose combined Level is greater than or equal to the Level of 1 DARK or FIRE Ritual monster in your hand or Graveyard: Ritual Summon that monster.

Card B:

Chaos Arcane Art

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any 1 LIGHT or DARK Ritual Monster. Tribute LIGHT and/or DARK monsters from your hand and/or field whose total Levels are greater than or equal to the Level of that Ritual Monster. The Summoned monster cannot use their effects (if any) this turn. You can banish this card and 1 LIGHT or DARK monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Ritual monster from your Graveyard with a different attribute to the banished monster (This Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon). You can only use this effect of "Chaos Arcane Art" once per turn.

Card A: Could have been decent in Demise, Lord of the Red and Relinquished. You could have possibly run this alongside the upcoming Pre-Preparation of Rites for its ability to Ritual Summon from the Graveyard. But it can't Tribute the Ritual Monster (nor the Jus). This restriction is unnecessary and makes the card trash. Ritual Spell syntax is absolutely terrible (does not say what it Ritual Summons, wrong Tributing syntax, wrong Ritual Summoning syntax, has a colon for no reason).

Card B: Actually relevant Attributes. Works decently in Relinquished, Demise, Tarotrei, Herald and Saffira (all trash from hand except Herald). Can Tribute Jus. The restriction on the Ritual Monster is unnecessary and makes this card trash in the hand. The Graveyard effect treating its Special Summon as a Ritual Summon is stupid, not only because it makes this card useless in the hand and only discard fodder or a mill, but because it would have otherwise made for a great revival effect for the monster Summoned by the main effect. Basically its Graveyard effect is too good compared to its main effect. Its cost was a very good idea as well. Chaos is a simple but good integration of flavour (yet it can't Summon Chaos Soldier lol). Decent Ritual Spell syntax.

I had to cut this short because of time but Card B.

I vote for card B

Card A: At first I was just enthused that Legendary Flame Lord was getting support...then it was bad support. This Ritual Spell doesn't do anything other than be a ritual spell. Nowadays, these spells must compensate for the immense minuses that it takes to actually perform ritual summons. The wording isn't really a problem seeing as I can clearly grasp the intent of the card.

Card B: While I do loathe the fact that this somewhat enables a Chaos version of Herald decks and the fact that you could just get a free Herald of Ultimateness (there is no level restriction of any kind when Ritual Summoning from the grave i.e. Kuriboh can get Herald of Ultimate...) it does something. The second effect makes it so that what could have been a minusX will almost always be a +1. 

So because of sheer playability I go to Card B.

Card A is just a very specific Ritual Card for DARK/FIRE monsters; in the latter case, only Legendary Flame Lord and Lord of the Red. While it is a generic Ritual Spell card for certain Decks, I honestly don't see it being used much. If it allowed you to Tribute Rituals (and it is common to do so), then it would be better. As-is, not really. That, and Ritual Spell Cards nowadays generally have some secondary effect to provide support; this doesn't offer that.

Card B has a larger pool of (viable) Rituals it can help out (Sapphy/Saffira, Herald of Perfection/Ultimateness, Tarotrei, Vene [that new one that got released]), but otherwise the effect lock for that turn hurts and would've been fine without that lock. One thing of concern is the fact that it nets a free Ritual Summon of any kind simply by banishing a LIGHT/DARK monster + this card, though it requires a different Attribute. So yeah, Chaos decks can just use this to spam whatever Rituals they want (space permitting); including Ultimateness. If it had a Level restriction, then I wouldn't have as much issues with this (but there isn't one).

----

For playability reasons, B gets vote (again, 2nd effect is something that has the potential to be abused, even with the hard OPT).

Archived