[Leaderboard] Darjkle vs Striker (CARDS UP )

Darjkle

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.

First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries.

-The contest ends after it starts in 3 days. After that, next vote wins.

Requirement:

-Create a balanced Levrl 3 Tuner that has 3 different effects, 1 that activates if used for Tribute summon. 1 that activates if used for synchro summon and 1 that activates if used for xyz summon.

Card A :

Shapeshifting Fish

WATER

Fish/Tuner/Effect

1300/1000

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can discard 1 card; add 1 Level 4 or lower Aqua, Sea-Serpent, or Fish-Type monster from your Deck, Graveyard, or Banished Zone to your hand. If this card is used as a Summon Material: The Summoned monster gains one of the following effects based on the Summon:

*Tribute Material: When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 face-down Spell/Trap card; destroy it.

*Synchro Material: When this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard that was used as a Synchro Material for this card; Special Summon it.

*Xyz Material: You can discard 1 card; randomly banish 1 card from your opponent's hand, until your next End Phase.

Card B:

Dark Kamikaze

DARK

Winged Beast/Tuner/Effect

1500/0

During your Main Phase: you can Banish 1 DARK Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is used as Tribute or Material for one of the following Summons of a DARK Monster, you can apply the appropriate effect:

*Synchro Summon: Banish 1 DARK Synchro in your Extra Deck; then, Banish 1 card in your opponents hand or Graveyard.

*Tribute Summon: Banish 1 card from top of your Deck; then, Return all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls to thier hand.

*Xyz Summon: Banish 1 DARK Xyz Monster in your Extra Deck; then , Banish 1 Monster your opponent controls.

The effect of "Dark Kamikaze" can only be used once per turn.

Card C

Unfortunately, the moment you removed the poll, you also made almost everyone disinclined to vote on either card as well. As for myself, I can't really pick between the two, nor should I try to so soon after a seizure if I have to give a viable reason, so I'm not laying a vote either.

Polls aren't allowed in this section, simply because it promotes laziness and decreases quality of posts/cards in this section.

Unfortunately, I have to choose Card C, because both Card A and Card B are too easy to abuse, and have too much abilities.

For example, Card A can search a TON of things and can be used in Mermail/Atlanteans, and Card B can Special Summon itself for a cost that is EXTREMELY easy to achieve. Their "Material" effects are also not that balanced, and feels out of place.

(I hope the reasons are good enough.)

Unfortunately, the moment you removed the poll, you also made almost everyone disinclined to vote on either card as well. As for myself, I can't really pick between the two, nor should I try to so soon after a seizure if I have to give a viable reason, so I'm not laying a vote either.

I gave my reasoning why polls are not allowed to Frost-X. They allow voters to not give any reasoning for their votes, and it promotes voter laziness. Polls have not been used in this forum for over three years, alright?

You're an idiot, these contests don't require a poll

Hey, no need to get hostile mate. Remember, it is my job to settle these disputes.

Polls aren't allowed in this section, simply because it promotes laziness and decreases quality of posts/cards in this section.

Unfortunately, I have to choose Card C, because both Card A and Card B are too easy to abuse, and have too much abilities.

For example, Card A can search a TON of things and can be used in Mermail/Atlanteans, and Card B can Special Summon itself for a cost that is EXTREMELY easy to achieve. Their "Material" effects are also not that balanced, and feels out of place.

(I hope the reasons are good enough.)

If part of the reason why you choose Card C is because both cards have too many effects, then I think you missed the point of the card requirement. Can you elaborate on your points for Card A and Card B please, then that should be enough to accept the vote.

One: Calling me an 'idiot' was uncalled for, Darj. Especially since I was being civil.

Two: I'm not a frequent resident of this part of the forums, so I wasn't aware of that fact regarding why polls were disallowed here, Asdf.

I apologize for the actions of my opponent. And hopefully my brief reasoning is enough.

One: Calling me an 'idiot' was uncalled for, Darj. Especially since I was being civil.

Two: I'm not a frequent resident of this part of the forums, so I wasn't aware of that fact regarding why polls were disallowed here, Asdf.

It wasn't uncalled for , i was just making you aware of your idiocy. Because someone with a least some intelligence would know how things run around here , I'm new and even figured it out.

And striker please don't apologize for me , cause I'm not sorry , thanks

It wasn't uncalled for , i was just making you aware of your idiocy. Because someone with a least some intelligence would know how things run around here , I'm new and even figured it out.

And striker please don't apologize for me , cause I'm not sorry , thanks

Please watch your tone and know who you are speaking to, mate. I'm keeping this as peaceful as possible, and you aren't helping. So take a deep breath please and relax.

This thread gives me way too much amusement not to vote in it.

Card A isn't as good as you would think in Merlanteans, simply because the Normal Slot is highly contested... Oh, wait Heavy Infantry. Being able to search a wide number of targets from anywhere makes it a powerful card by that alone. Being a level 3 tuner? That is just icing on the cake, giving easy access to R3 and varied Synchros. The effects when used as Synchro material/Xyz material/tribute for a tribute summon are only OK. I mean, for the Tribute effects, how many set spell and traps exist nowadays that most people won't just chain to the attempted destruction? The Xyz effect is OK. It not being in either player's turn means, at most, you'll be hoping to take out a Ghost Ogre or Divine Serpent Geh in their hands. The Synchro effect, however, is quite nice. Destruction effects are less common nowadays, but summoning something like Clear Wing with makes a monster you need to work around so that your opponent doesn't benefit. All in all, the search effects and the other effects are a bit too much, especially as I just noticed discarding for the search can trigger Mermails.

Card B is another Tuner, with an arguably better typing and attribute. Being DARK means you get a lot of good support, while Winged Beast offers Icarus Attack and Swallow's Nest. The summoning condition is cheap, but not overly so. Would have liked a Hard OPT on it, so you couldn't return it to the hand with Birdman or Zephyros but what can you do. The Synchro Summon effect is bad, as it pays a heavy cost for something that would only be good if the effect was quick-play. The Tribute Summon effect is better, letting you play without fear of backrow and ridding the more annoying Pendulum Zone effects (read: Most of the Performapal monsters). The Xyz effect, though, is just... wow. Ghostrick Alucard and The Phantom Knights of Break Sword both just got a pretty big boost, with Alucard now being able to pop set backrow and have non-targeting banishment, while Break Sword is even more offensively viable, taking down two monsters your opponent controls. He can banish first, then pop himself to kill something else, and go into a R4 for a (probably) direct attack.

In summary, Card A's good search effect in combination with the other effects make a little too OP. Card B makes the cost a bit too high for the effects it has, but does what is does well. Voting for Card B.

Archived