Schwarzestein Kingdom

The Nyx Avatar

[spoiler=Show Monsters]
FIs7g7Q.jpg

LORE:Cannot be Special Summoned. Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more monsters at the same time. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 card on the field; banish it, and if you do, this card gains 800 ATK until your opponent's End Phase if it is a monster.

jSAORkV.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; add 1 "Shwarzestein Kingdom" monster with a different name from your Deck to your hand. While you control a "Shwarzestein Kingdom" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Rmccx0g.jpg

LORE:During either player's turn, If a "Schwarzestein Kingdom" card(s) you control would leave the field by a card effect while this card is in your hand, you can discard this card instead of 1 of those cards leaving the field. During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

tXRmUsm.jpg

LORE:While you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can discard this card to target 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster on the field; it gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase.

fWZ2zGU.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; add 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase: You can destroy 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card you control; Special Summon this card from your hand.

Aq6Kzm4.jpg

LORE:Cannot be Special Summoned. Monsters cannot activate their effects the turn they are Special Summoned. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; banish 1 card on the field. If this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step.

eJGwqev.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster with a different name from your Graveyard. While you control a face-up "Schwarzestein Kingdom" Spell/Trap Card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

4mQQ7Yg.jpg

LORE:You can discard this card; add 1 "Schwarzestein" card that is banished to your hand. You can banish 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" card in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card.

[spoiler=Show Spell Cards]
c7gFKEw.jpg

LORE:"Shwarzestein Kingdom" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. "Shwarzestein Kingdom" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster on the field; increase or decrease its Level by 1.

7C1yOJl.jpg

LORE:Activate only while you control a "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster. Until your next Standby Phase, any card that would be sent to your opponent's Graveyard is banished instead.

UU1ANmR.jpg

LORE:Discard 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster; draw 2 cards.

[spoiler=Show Trap Cards]
nhXOdzq.jpg

LORE:You must control a face-up "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster you activate this card. If a Spell Card or effect is activated: Negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card.

O2ogPjw.jpg

LORE:Activate while you control no face-up monsters. Special Summon 1 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. A monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed or banished by your opponent's card effects. If this card leaves the field, destroy that monster. If that monster leaves the field, destroy this card.

[spoiler=Show Synchro Monster Cards]
cxNbNM4.jpg

LORE:1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more "Schwarzestein Kingdom" non-Tuner monsters
Cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can target up to 2 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" cards that are banished or in your Graveyard; shuffle those cards into the Deck, also, after that, you can send cards your opponent controls to the Graveyard, up to the number of "Schwarzestein Kingdom" cards returned.

LQuPJMO.jpg

LORE:1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card was Synchro Summoned using "Schwarzestein Kingdom - Majesty" as a Synchro Material, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card from your Graveyard into your Deck, and if it is a DARK monster, you can activate 1 or the following effects:
● Target 1 card on the field; banish it.
● Increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the End Phase.

a98rN7D.jpg

LORE:1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more "Schwarzestein Kingdom" non-Tuner monsters
This card is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. Once per turn: You can shuffle 2 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" cards from your Graveyard into your Deck to target 1 card on the field; shuffle it into the Deck.

[spoiler=Show Xyz Monster Cards]
toeDdnk.jpg

LORE:2 Level 4 "Schwarzestein Kingdom" monsters
Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand. You can only activate this effect of "Schwarzestein Kingdom - Bishop" once per turn.

IZz4KQH.jpg

LORE:This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 of the following effects:
● Banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck.
● Banish 2 cards from your opponent's Graveyard.

UhCPqFx.jpg

LORE:2 Level 8 monsters
If this card was Xyz Summoned using "Schwarzstein Kingdom - Black Knight", this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 of the following effects:
● Banish 1 card on the field.
● Increase this card's ATK by 2000 until the End Phase.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting mainly to point out that Majesty isn't getting "Schwarzestein Kingdom" support since it has "Rose" between the words in its archetype name; you may want to fix that. To not change its name, a clause like This card is always treated as a "Schwarzestein Kingdom" card should do.

Other than that, the archetype looks good. It has a bit of swarming for Rank4s and Synchro Summons, they got a "Kalut" in Disciple; Moment of Relief has a simple effect, but is effective. Also having a searcher for their Traps and the D.D. Ground-ish Quick Play Spell looks really good.

The high Level monsters seem impractical at first, but then I noticed they got Monarch stats, so supporting the archetype with Monarch support techs is a possibility and may allow the building of alternate variants.

Posting mainly to point out that Majesty isn't getting "Schwarzestein Kingdom" support since it has "Rose" between the words in its archetype name; you may want to fix that. To not change its name, a clause like This card is always treated as a "Schwarzestein Kingdom" card should do.

Other than that, the archetype looks good. It has a bit of swarming for Rank4s and Synchro Summons, they got a "Kalut" in Disciple; Moment of Relief has a simple effect, but is effective. Also having a searcher for their Traps and the D.D. Ground-ish Quick Play Spell looks really good.

The high Level monsters seem impractical at first, but then I noticed they got Monarch stats, so supporting the archetype with Monarch support techs is a possibility and may allow the building of alternate variants.

Oh sheet; how do I repeat the same mistake again? I thought after Majesty's thread, I'd post the final card.

Anywho: Changed it by now. Thanks.

Yeah; I wanted to make an in-archetype Different Dimensions Ground-like card, but make it apply to all cards, as opposed to just monsters.

Majesty: So basically like Spirit Dragon and Vanity’s Fiend had a baby. Anyway, I’m a bit hesitant about it, because it could be reasonably teched into Monarchs to shut down Pendulums. While Domain does that too, Xyz Monarchs have been shown to be superior, so this allows that lockdown without those strings attached. Anyway, seeing as it has that strong effect, the addition of banishing a monster to have it become a 3.2K beatstick seems bad. You can keep it with the 1000 LP cost, but I think it should be targeted destruction of monsters so it doesn’t have a ridiculous amount of utility.

Knight: Searcher, that’s cool. Honestly not sure why it’s not a tuner seeing as it has that SS effect, and you do include another tuner later in the list. Also, put an HOPT on its first effect. It’s just good manners to do that for searcher cards so you can’t infinitely loop them.

Royal Guard: You capitalized “If” even though it only followed a comma, and you don’t need the “of 1 of those cards leaving the field”, unless you’re trying to say it only protects 1 of them from leaving the field. Also, as a hand trap it’s ridiculously overpowered. It basically Number 81 or Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand for any of your monsters, with almost no possible negation unless your opponent is prepared for it somehow with a Solemn Strike. I’d make it similar to Red-Eyes Retro Dragon honestly, it’ll revive all the monsters that were destroyed by card effect, and can be tributed for a special effect, or maybe even treated as the entire cost for one of your higher level monsters. Anyway, that built in double summon for other cards in the archetype is good.

Disciple: Decent way to build up field presence again after it’s been destroyed, and a good opening card too, best of both worlds. I’d make that discard effect be something usable during either player’s turn though, similar to Honest, just to beef it up a bit.

Messenger: A simple but effective way to get tribute fodder to the field, or get a Spell/Trap to the hand. Again, all the HOPT’s would be appreciated so you can’t possibly loop these effects. Not much else to say other than that you don’t need to say “During your Main Phase”, in the second effect, because it’s extremely redundant.

Black Knight: 2800 ATK, 1000 DEF, and OP effect, are you sure this isn’t a Monarch? Anyway, as it’s a main deck monster that can use its effect to invoke non-targeting, non-destructiong removal, I have to say no. Again, this thing could be teched into Monarchs reasonably speaking. Like the only three cards I can think of that have non-targeting banishment are Trishula, Kozmojo, and Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir, the first of which is limited to 1 for being too generic, the second being a trap and inherently slow, and the last being exceedingly difficult to summon as it’s a Rank 9. Anyway, the gaining ATK against SS’d monsters is good, especially since SS are so prevalent in the meta, but honestly why not make this thing just strong against SS’d monsters in general, by making it able to negate the effects of a Special Summoned monster once per turn, during either player’s turn. Honestly, that’d be extremely beneficial in today’s meta, and would give much more versatility to your archetype since Majesty already banishes.

Doctor: This tuner has a relatively weak Special Summon effect, but then again this archetype doesn’t focus on Synchros, so it’s probably for the best. Anyway, reviving from the Graveyard is nice, allows you to build up field presence, and get tribute fodder, but again, put an HOPT on that thing.

Kingdom Castle: Honestly, in an era with Kozmotown and Domain of the Monarchs, this Field Spell is incredibly weak. That 200 ATK boost isn’t doing you any favors, make it 500. Protection from targeting is decent, but seeing as this isn’t the strongest archetype, that relies on singular monsters, putting in destruction protection might not be such a bad idea. Finally, that need to tribute a monster, get rid of it. Totally unnecessary cost just thrown in there arbitrarily.

Aftermath: Honestly, a really good disruption quick-play spell. Prevents your opponent from getting benefits from sending stuff to the Graveyard, and can be used during your turn for your turn to destroy BA or Kozmo monsters pretty nicely.

Moment of Relief: Generic, archetypal trade-in. Nothing too much to say other than it gets some in the Graveyard for you doctor to revive, which is good.

Vengeance: Replace that “you” with a “to” near the end of the first sentence. Anyway, the wording on the second part is strange, I think you mean to say, “When a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated, negate the activation, and if you do, banish it.” Decent, if a bit generic, archetype specific Counter Trap.

Rise: Summoning from the Deck or Graveyard is pretty strong, but it’s balanced by being a trap. The protection from destruction and banishment is also nice, to help it serve as a wall in a pinch.

Majesty: So basically like Spirit Dragon and Vanity’s Fiend had a baby. Anyway, I’m a bit hesitant about it, because it could be reasonably teched into Monarchs to shut down Pendulums. While Domain does that too, Xyz Monarchs have been shown to be superior, so this allows that lockdown without those strings attached. Anyway, seeing as it has that strong effect, the addition of banishing a monster to have it become a 3.2K beatstick seems bad. You can keep it with the 1000 LP cost, but I think it should be targeted destruction of monsters so it doesn’t have a ridiculous amount of utility.

Why keep the cost but implement a sheet payoff? No one would ever use it otherwise. Plus, this can't be Special Summoned like the Monarch monsters.

Black Knight: 2800 ATK, 1000 DEF, and OP effect, are you sure this isn’t a Monarch? Anyway, as it’s a main deck monster that can use its effect to invoke non-targeting, non-destructiong removal, I have to say no. Again, this thing could be teched into Monarchs reasonably speaking. Like the only three cards I can think of that have non-targeting banishment are Trishula, Kozmojo, and Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir, the first of which is limited to 1 for being too generic, the second being a trap and inherently slow, and the last being exceedingly difficult to summon as it’s a Rank 9. Anyway, the gaining ATK against SS’d monsters is good, especially since SS are so prevalent in the meta, but honestly why not make this thing just strong against SS’d monsters in general, by making it able to negate the effects of a Special Summoned monster once per turn, during either player’s turn. Honestly, that’d be extremely beneficial in today’s meta, and would give much more versatility to your archetype since Majesty already banishes.

I am sure; it can't be Special Summoned and doesn't activate it's effect upon Summon.

It matters not to me; the removal effect will remain the same.

Kingdom Castle: Honestly, in an era with Kozmotown and Domain of the Monarchs, this Field Spell is incredibly weak. That 200 ATK boost isn’t doing you any favors, make it 500. Protection from targeting is decent, but seeing as this isn’t the strongest archetype, that relies on singular monsters, putting in destruction protection might not be such a bad idea. Finally, that need to tribute a monster, get rid of it. Totally unnecessary cost just thrown in there arbitrarily.

Doesn't this contradict what you've seen in the archetype this far?

Black Knight and Majesty are the only cards in this archetype that I'd say are too strong for how generic they are, the rest are pretty fair, if a bit underpowered honestly, that's why I thought it'd be good to buff the field spell.

You misunderstand. They're intended to be the payoff for this archetype. By bringing them down to what you stated they should be, you leave them as nothing but useless husks; killing all purpose of using them and turning this archetype into another pointless archetype.

You misunderstand. They're intended to be the payoff for this archetype. By bringing them down to what you stated they should be, you leave them as nothing but useless husks; killing all purpose of using them and turning this archetype into another pointless archetype.

I mean I guess, but the thing is that they're not really tied to this archetype. It's like the Ice Barrier Synchro monsters. The normal Ice Barriers sucks and barely function as an archetype, while their boss monster Trishula is amazing. So people just decided to make Trishula with much better cards. I feel like Black Knight and Majesty could just be teched into a Monarch deck with no qualms about it. March of the Monarchs would honestly give them much better protection that the Field Spell, and the tribute engine it has is quite sustainable. While I see how the weaker monsters you've made, make themselves readily available for tribute, I'm not sure how they're supposed to further promote the engine beyond that. You say it's a payoff for using this archetype, but I don't see why you'd need to be restricted to this archetype in the first place.

I mean I guess, but the thing is that they're not really tied to this archetype. It's like the Ice Barrier Synchro monsters. The normal Ice Barriers sucks and barely function as an archetype, while their boss monster Trishula is amazing. So people just decided to make Trishula with much better cards. I feel like Black Knight and Majesty could just be teched into a Monarch deck with no qualms about it. March of the Monarchs would honestly give them much better protection that the Field Spell, and the tribute engine it has is quite sustainable. While I see how the weaker monsters you've made, make themselves readily available for tribute, I'm not sure how they're supposed to further promote the engine beyond that. You say it's a payoff for using this archetype, but I don't see why you'd need to be restricted to this archetype in the first place.

You can't tech these in a Monarch Deck. You can use Monarch Spell/Trap Cards, but the Main Deck monsters don't work well with these, especially in the case of Ehther the Heavenly Monarch. Plus, as mentioned earlier, they have potential Xyz/Synchro plays.

And speaking of which, should I make some for the archetype?

You can't tech these in a Monarch Deck. You can use Monarch Spell/Trap Cards, but the Main Deck monsters don't work well with these, especially in the case of Ehther the Heavenly Monarch. Plus, as mentioned earlier, they have potential Xyz/Synchro plays.

And speaking of which, should I make some for the archetype?

I was saying Majesty and Black Knight could be teched in, that's it, not the other cards. Sure Ehther can't Special Summon them, but as one-off they could still be quite useful.

Honestly I think you could. Synchros would probably be the better way to go imo, since the levels are all over the place. I'd made a few more of them tuners like I suggested. Messenger and Knight would be probably be the best candidates for tuners.

I was saying Majesty and Black Knight could be teched in, that's it, not the other cards. Sure Ehther can't Special Summon them, but as one-off they could still be quite useful.

Honestly I think you could. Synchros would probably be the better way to go imo, since the levels are all over the place. I'd made a few more of them tuners like I suggested. Messenger and Knight would be probably be the best candidates for tuners.

I feel there'd be more opportunities with Messenger as a Tuner, too, but not Knight. Especially if you drew both. Really, the most Knight would accomplish as a Tuner is bringing out generic material Level 8, and those really only boil down to Scar-Right and Stardust Dragon. Or I could make another Level 4 and make it a Tuner monster.

I was aaying Knight because it has one of the easiest Special Summon conditions, and you want the monster with the easiest SS conditions to usually be Tuners.

Funny, because rarely have Tuner monsters had self-Summoning effects.

How about this effect:

"You can banish 1 "Schwarzestein Kibgdom" card in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card"

Looks like the Teen Monarchs hahahaahah

But really, Monarchs today makes great use of Extra Deck, and reading the cards, I instantly makes some combos like in mynd:

Eidos + Majesty = Father of floodgates

3 Moment of Relief + 3 Pantheism e.e

And Messenger it's a great way to send The Prime Monarch from your field to the Grave by Special Summon it

It's sure this Set can make great plays with Monarchs. If you can, try to mix them. :)

Funny, because rarely have Tuner monsters had self-Summoning effects.

How about this effect:

"You can banish 1 "Schwarzestein Kibgdom" card in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card"

That effect works. Since the cards in the Graveyard aren't completely dead, it's an actual cost compared to some other archetypes *cough cought* *Kozmos* *cough* *cough*

Scwarzstein Kingdom Lord: Pretty cool card that's decently hard to summon, but again makes me think it could be easily teched into Xyz Monarchs. Anyway, I think that 2000 boost should only be a 1000, but it's honestly not that big a deal since you can't activate it during either player's turn.

Scwarzstein Kingdom Lord: Pretty cool card that's decently hard to summon, but again makes me think it could be easily teched into Xyz Monarchs. Anyway, I think that 2000 boost should only be a 1000, but it's honestly not that big a deal since you can't activate it during either player's turn.

What I wanted was one that was worth the effort to make. Also, I made it's materials generic, but made it gain the bonus of immunity. However, I wanted it to require that you use Black Knight to gain such an effect.

Also, should I make a Rank 4 one and a Level 5 Synchro monster, too?

I mean you can go for it. Definitely worth it to give them some more variety.

However, small addendum on the Rank 8, as for a second I thought the other effects required the Black Knight. The fact that it is generic is kind of bad. I mean compared to other Rank 8's it's actually really strong. Photon Dragon can get its stats to 5600 by detaching a material, but it only deals half damage, the next highest is Full Armor Photon Dragon at 4000, so I really think it should be a 1000 point boost at most. Also, as for removal effects, no generic Rank 8's have non targeting removal or banishment, so again I think this is a bit strong. It would make the rank 8 toolbox too powerful imho.

Archived