[Written] Shining Swords of Radiant Light

Thomas★Zero

Shining Swords of Radiant Light

Equip Spell

Equip only to LIGHT monster with 2500 ATK or less. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. The equipped monster can attack all of your opponents monsters twice during each of your Battle-Phases. During the Battle-Phase, you can destroy this card; the monster that was equipped with this card can attack once more during the Battle-Phase this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Shining Swords of Radiant Light" once per turn.

>The equipped monster can attack all of your opponents monsters twice during each of your Battle-Phases

This bit seems weird.

I mean, it's Cat Dancer's gimmick, but unlike Cat it doesn't make the monsters it attacks unable to be destroyed by the first battle.

>The equipped monster can attack all of your opponents monsters twice during each of your Battle-Phases

This bit seems weird.

I mean, it's Cat Dancer's gimmick, but unlike Cat it doesn't make the monsters it attacks unable to be destroyed by the first battle.

Basically makes it so if monsters have effects or your opponent use a card effect to prevent them from being destroyed once you can use the second attack on them to destroy them.

I feel like this would be a bit too strong in Blue-Eyes, I mean I'm just salivating over the idea of this card being real just so I can use it for some nice OTKs. I mean equip this to Spirit Dragon, which is one of your best monsters, just wail on your opponent's field, destroy the equip card, and attack directly with it and two Blue-Eyes for game. Granted, they already have a similar card in Beacon of White, which has the potential to allow more attacks, but unlike Beacon of White this thing isn't dead in the hand if you draw it at the beginning of the game, and this doesn't cause your Dragon to blow-up when it leaves the field, or make it so other monsters you control can't attack.

It's not all that great.

For one, it's limited to LIGHT monsters with 2500 or less ATK. For another, the pay-off isn't worth running this in a Deck. Sure, you can attack all monsters, but then what? Even the effect afterwards is practically the same.

You're forgetting that LIGHT decks have access to Honest and could use this to deal massive damage to their opponents.

You're forgetting that LIGHT decks have access to Honest and could use this to deal massive damage to their opponents.

Um...no. You'd have to depend on drawing both this card AND Honest in the same hand. And even then, what say your opponent won't just remove this card from the field before you even get a chance to attack?

Archived