Elegant Mermaid

The Nyx Avatar

ZfcIHps.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Aqua, Fish, or Sea Serpent-Type monster on the field; increase or decrease its Level by 1 (even if this card leaves the field).

Monster Effect:You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 Aqua, Fish, or Sea Serpent-Type monster with a different name that is banished or in your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Elegant Mermaid" once per turn. When this card is Special Summoned: You can double this card's original ATK until your next Standby Phase.

I dont feel like it does enough. Banish Fish isnt a strong deck and this doesnt really do much to support it currently. It's quite hard to review because alot of the decks cards are old and obscure so idk their current support and the card itself is quite weak on it's own to be honest.

It's got a weak body and not another adequate higher scale to see play in anything really so it's a sleeper card at best.

What i will say is that the 1st monster effect allows it to see play despite there not being another scale which is nice.

Feels like it needs some sort of buff to bring it from fairly weak sleeper to solid sleeper but maybe it's fine as it is.

I dont feel like it does enough. Banish Fish isnt a strong deck and this doesnt really do much to support it currently. It's quite hard to review because alot of the decks cards are old and obscure so idk their current support and the card itself is quite weak on it's own to be honest.

It's got a weak body and not another adequate higher scale to see play in anything really so it's a sleeper card at best.

What i will say is that the 1st monster effect allows it to see play despite there not being another scale which is nice.

Feels like it needs some sort of buff to bring it from fairly weak sleeper to solid sleeper but maybe it's fine as it is.

Alright.

Generalized its effect to WATER monsters.

For the Pendulum Effect, the card is basically an improved Risebell the Summoner but only for WATER

I guess that'd mean it needs the "(even if this card leaves the field)." clause.

I'm not sold on the Monster Effect. The person that suggested the banishing did so to have this card be able to be brought back with another copy's effect, but your card states that it needs to be "with a different name" so that's impossible. Plus most (if not all) of the banishing fishies from the start of the Xyz era are WIND monsters, so this card wouldn't really be able to help them if that was the intention. Those usually stated "Aqua, Fish, or Sea Serpent-Type" for that reason.

That said, the main place that comes to mind that'd use it is Frogs, mainly referring to the Des Frog OTK variants from a while back LINK

Not a super perfect fit though, since it is a deck of a couple years ago that still didn't have Pendulum capabilities, but still fairly decent IMO.

The person that suggested the banishing did so to have this card be able to be brought back with another copy's effect, but your card states that it needs to be "with a different name" so that's impossible.

A quick idea, instead of discarding itself you could have it banish itself, it cant loop itself so it should be fine, but would just give an extra boost that it could do with!

I said it cant grab itself dude, being able to grab it back with itself just seems weird.

I said it cant grab itself dude, being able to grab it back with itself just seems weird.

Oh you did? I got that out of context then. Sorry about that.

Though I think there'd be nothing wrong with grabbing itself there, it has to banish itself from the hand so you won't be getting infinite loops there, especially with a hard OPT clause it already has. It also would go to different places depending on how it gets off the field and one can't really prepare for all of them (banished if activated in the hand, Graveyard if used for an Xyz and detached, and Extra Deck if destroyed/Tributed/Used for a Synchro/Fusion).

In my post I already didn't really suggest what I'd change it into (and I don't think I have any suggestions in my head) so not that me saying this makes much of a difference xD

but yeah.....

For the Pendulum Effect, the card is basically an improved Risebell the Summoner but only for WATER

I guess that'd mean it needs the "(even if this card leaves the field)." clause.

I'm not sold on the Monster Effect. The person that suggested the banishing did so to have this card be able to be brought back with another copy's effect, but your card states that it needs to be "with a different name" so that's impossible. Plus most (if not all) of the banishing fishies from the start of the Xyz era are WIND monsters, so this card wouldn't really be able to help them if that was the intention. Those usually stated "Aqua, Fish, or Sea Serpent-Type" for that reason.

That said, the main place that comes to mind that'd use it is Frogs, mainly referring to the Des Frog OTK variants from a while back LINK

Not a super perfect fit though, since it is a deck of a couple years ago that still didn't have Pendulum capabilities, but still fairly decent IMO.

Oh you did? I got that out of context then. Sorry about that.

Though I think there'd be nothing wrong with grabbing itself there, it has to banish itself from the hand so you won't be getting infinite loops there, especially with a hard OPT clause it already has. It also would go to different places depending on how it gets off the field and one can't really prepare for all of them (banished if activated in the hand, Graveyard if used for an Xyz and detached, and Extra Deck if destroyed/Tributed/Used for a Synchro/Fusion).

In my post I already didn't really suggest what I'd change it into (and I don't think I have any suggestions in my head) so not that me saying this makes much of a difference xD

but yeah.....

Very well. Changed it accordingly.

Archived