Superheavy Samurai Support!

Yuya-Kun

Face-It. You love this Archetype.

Superheavy Samurai Archer Garozu

1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Superheavy Samurai" monsters. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can Half this monster's Defence points, this card can Attack your opponent directly, At the End Phase, You can Synchro Summon using Monster's you control as Synchro Material

Atk/0

Def/2200

LVL/4

Superheavy Samurai Kaiser Gozorzan

1 Machine-Type Synchro Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Superheavy Samurai" Synchro monsters. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. This card's maximum number of attacks per Battle Phase equals the number of non-Tuner monsters used as its Synchro Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: You can Target 2 Spell Cards or Pendulum Scales your opponent controls, return those targets to the Deck then shuffle the deck and if you do, Destroy All Monster's your opponent controls.

ATK/2800

DEF/4000

LVL/12

Superheavy Samurai Knight Jarogu

1 Machine-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Superheavy Samurai" monsters. This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation. Once per Turn during either player's turn, if you have no Spell/Trap Cards in your Graveyard: Banish 1 Special Summoned Monster your opponent controls, and if it was a Pendulum monster, Set it in your Pendulum Scales.

ATK/1800

DEF/2700

LVL/7

I'm just going to rehash partly what Yui told you earlier, but regarding the cards you made here.

Garozu isn't ideal for what SHS are built to do. Yeah, I guess you could use Horagai/Trumpeter with the Level 2 Souls, or Drum + the Level 3s, but I don't see a situation where you'll even have this setup. I have test-run them a bit on YGOPro (not as much as Yui, but yeah), and I have not found an opportunity where a Level 4 Synchro would be needed; at least not one that doesn't cost me the game. This card is just basically a harder to make version of Shinobiashi that can't revive itself, but in return, lets you Synchro Summon during the End Phase. I guess you could do something with this if you somehow get a Tuner out on the field and can ladder. You also should mention if this is a Synchro Tuner itself or not; right now, we are assuming all of them are regular Synchro Monsters.

As things stand right now, Gozorzan isn't going to be made, given they do NOT have access to a Machine-Type Tuner Synchro. Well, they have Accel Synchron if they're nuts enough, but if you use the same materials as you would for Musashi, you are going to be summon locked for the turn. And no, just because they can also make Formula Synchron with Drums + the Level 1s does not mean they should be running it with double Musashi. Yeah, this is pretty much an OTK enabler if you can even make it (destroy the opponent's backrow or Scales, then Raigeki). To be fair, the only Machine-Type Synchro Tuner they can realistically make is Accel; Crystron Quondam / Formula have the same problem as Garozu (Levels that the Deck cannot make without going through hoops)

Jarogu does have some use nowadays, given the Special Summon nature of the game, BUT it's also dependent on your opponent even playing Pendulums. On its own, the banish is fine, though I do have my skepticism about it being during either player's turn. Change it to your turn only, and it's fine. If you also paid attention to the new releases, SHS already have a Level 7.

Yes, Musashi/Sarutobi/Shinobiashi/Shutendoji are all currently Japan-only, but most of us play online now (with access to the OCG content as seen necessary).

-----

Here's a piece of advice; if you're not adequately familiar with how a Deck plays (from your thread, you just started playing Samurai), DON'T make cards for them.

Ok let us begin ...

First thought: Jarogu ... WHY !?!?!?! They already have an alright level 7, if you really want to create a new synchro for them, create a somewhat generic level 12, 11, 3 or 4 for them (though 4 is the worst level for them and outside of battleball a waste of effort unless it is unrealisticly rewarding (soul fire + trumpeter) and only really worth it with an awful hand.

Second thought: Kaiser Gozorzan ... The name is alright (I cannot really judge it, however following susanowo's example it does work), the effect is a hilarious overkill (being more than just broken in terms of removal and its number of attacks ... any reaalistic ide ahow that number would not be 1, so why even add that ?), requiring synchro tuners + non-tuners downright kills it, even if it is basicly a gameover once it touches the field, which is awful design and this should have really been as generic as the other SHS Synchros, perhaps actually requiring a synchro non-tuner (due to thief + a level 2 tuner), however as it is it adds nothing to the deck and simply states "I am unsummonable, however I turn cards that summon from the extra deck (ignoring synchro materials) have a broken target, this card is just flatout dead weight and unfair if it might actually get dropped.

Third thought: I assume Archer Whatever is your synchro tuner ... so SHS can summon Kaiser Broken ... good job, you successfully made the level 12 even less well designed/balanced.

As for its effect, it has the regular "ATK in DEF effect", has a worse version of the level 7 as its second effect (due to worse stats and it having no survivibility whatsoever, let alone being unncessary as SHS already have a synchro which fullfills this role), as for its last effect ... I have no clue what its point may be, considering you can synchro summon during your main phase 2.

As Sakura stated these sadly do not fit into the archtype in any way.

Archived