[Leaderboard] D'Sceptyr vs. Batmed (Spiritualistic Seance) (Cards UP!)

Black D'Sceptyr

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Cards must be PM'd to me.
Written cards are allowed.

Winner gets 1 point from the loser; each voter gets 1 point from the person they voted for.
Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
The deadline for cards is 48 hours after the challenge has been accepted.
The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-served between the previous challengers and new submissions.

Requirement:

Spirit Support!

[spoiler=Card A]

Seishinsekai-no-Ie

Field Spell

Each turn, 1 Level 5 or higher Spirit monster you Normal Summon can be Summoned without Tributing. Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if a monster(s) is Special Summoned: You can pay 500 LP; immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster, also all effect damage, and battle damage inflicted by monsters other than Spirit monsters, becomes 500 until the end of the next turn (even if this card leaves the field). During the End Phase: You can target 1 Spirit monster you control; negate its effects until the end of the turn, and if you do, return this card on the field to the hand.

[spoiler=Card B]

Spiritual Land

Field Spell

When this card is activated, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster from your hand. When a Spirit monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 card; add 1 Level 4 or lower Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand. Quick Effect: You can target 1 Spirit monster you control; banish it until the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Spiritual Land" once per turn.

I don't get paid enough to do this...

Card A

Admittedly, Spirits do have an issue of actually getting their big bosses out on the field because no SS capacities (save for Shinobarons, but...we'll get to them later), so a Spark Field-esque thing helps them. Oh right, and I guess it does help to get some stuff out during the opponent's turn (assuming you can keep them alive). Too bad it doesn't trigger with the Shinobarons (oh wait, they technically do on Ritual Summon, so...) Also Yamato-no-Kami because of his own summon thing. Last effect helps, since effects only trigger on the turn they are Summoned / flipped up; doesn't bounce them afterwards, so that helps. (Though, I'll need to check if that effect can actually trigger; it should since that effect triggers at the start of EP and then expires after you have resolved all effects that can/must be activated at this time)

So...enable Spirits to summon Yamata, Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and the like faster. (I won't talk about Amaterasu because yeah, goes against the grain of what they need to be successful).

Card B

Again, another Spirit Field. I mean, at least this helps more in the early game to generate early field advantage so there's something. At the same time, searching helps since Powerspot is literally limited to Shinobirds triggering it. The discarded card can just be used to summon Yamato if you have to. Last effect does a similar thing to card A; technically evade the forced return effect that all Spirits share, but can also have it evade targeting removal or something if the need arises.

=====

I mean, both cards do address common issues that Spirits have, and that's just their summon speed and actually retaining them. I'm going to vote B because it's more compact in terms of its effects (but is still useful). Yeah, this one does require a discard to search stuff, but that is something Spirits in general would like (and they do have a wide range of targets that can be searched thereof).

With card A, I do appreciate it being able to summon bigger stuff faster and mitigate damage (because yeah, once the Spirit monsters are gone, you're usually open), but it feels like it's stacking on a lot of stuff just off a SS (from anyone). As I mentioned above, I think the negation effect should work, but will need to check on rulings for them in general (because recent wording).

Honestly, I do like both of them and feel that Spirits would appreciate either, but B helps more with field presence and other stuff.

Archived