Should americans keep the right to carry guns?

Oscuro

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

The way I see it, if you're a murderous psychopath, the law isn't going to stop you from getting a firearm, so banning guns would be pretty pointless. Besides, it'd probably turn out like the Prohibition.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it' date=' if you're a murderous psychopath, the law isn't going to stop you from getting a firearm, so banning guns would be pretty pointless. Besides, it'd probably turn out like the Prohibition.

[/quote']

actually you may increase it when it becomes illegal (some people do it for the sheer excitement of doing something illegal)

For example, if you legalize certain illegal drugs, less people may do it because there's no more excitement of it all (not to mention it's out of their price range)

Wow...so many replies already.

If I would have enough might I would immediately change the law. Many people said: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." I agree, but for my opinioun the americans are really agressive, violent.....and idiots. If you look to Germany for example: That little country has over 80 million inhabitants and the law of carrying a gun is very very strict there. There are also many different people, like russians, turks, italians, greeks.....in America are also many different people.

If you look to the stats, Germany has very less killings caused by guns. How?? Because there it is hard to get a gun, also for criminals. Okay....America has 300 million inhabitants, but if you multiplicate the killings caused by guns in Germany x4 (so we have then 320 million inhabitants in Germany), they would not reach our number....of thirty thousand deaths caused by guns each year. Thats the best evidence that a strict law and "intelligent" people dont cause such extreme violence with guns like it is in America.

So I can't understand why some people here defend that ancient tradition of carrying a gun. Times changed... we arent in the 18th or 19th century anymore, the people got crazy.

Will you just give up?

Guns will never get banned/made illegal. Even if many killings are caused by guns.

Oh, and that's probably the reason why the US has more killings with guns. Because the US has more funking people living in it. More people probably equals more deaths.

Will you just give up?

Guns will never get banned/made illegal. Even if many killings are caused by guns.

Oh' date=' and that's probably the reason why the US has more killings with guns. Because the US has more f***ing people living in it. More people probably equals more deaths.

[/quote']

If you had checked the stats, you would know the AK-47 has killed and maimed more people than any other weapon in the world (think Soviet influence in the world)

Still, you try to get the US to abolish guns, you'd have to get the other countries to as well (which they'd never comply anyway)

Making guns illegal would increase the crime rate >_>

Heres a very simple scenario:

You're a criminal who has a gun.

Nobody else has a gun and you know this.

You shoot or threaten everyone and get everything you want with little to no resistance.

Now, here's the same scenario, but with gun ownership abound:

You're a criminal who has a gun.

You go up to a guy, pull your gun, and demand his wallet.

About 6 people nearby pull their guns and blast you.

If guns were illegal it would make no difference, criminals would still get them (illegal arms dealers are not in short supply).

My father was a lawyer in Montana around the time of the columbine shootings.

He was at a dinner party with a bunch of other people, and they were discussing the shootings. Finally one of them asked his opinion. His response was that the problem wasn't that the 2 boys had guns, it was that everyone else didn't. At this point many of the people were shocked and in horror. He went on to explain how this wouldn't have happened, if the other children had guns. The 2 boys would have been gunned down the minute they started threatening people. They would only have killed about 1 or 2 people at maximum before ther students would have stopped them. Infact, they probably wouldn't have attempted, knowing that fact. A teacher bled to death that day because the police didn't have the balls to go save him. That teacher wouldn't have died either if the other students had guns.

There've been numerous studies etc. that show when citizens have guns, the crime rate drops.

I've also noticed that several of you have been bashing America throughout this topic. You call them barbarians and bastards, refer to them as trash. I agree that America made many mistakes. However these mistakes are different than what you would accuse America of. America has repeatedly made the mistake of helping, defending, and sending money and supplies to ungrateful countries that respond with hatred and contempt by bad mouthing and attempting to kill us. I concede that there are times when America has screwed up big time. However I read these posts and laugh at those who effectively crucify their savior.

I'm an American, I own guns, I have never killed a person, My father has saved his life and other people's by the use of firearms, I have been to africa and killed 10 big game animals without missing a shot and you would probably call me a devil or a fiend because 2 of those are giraffes. What you probably didn't even think about, is in doing that, I fed an entire village of people that would otherwise have gone hungry.

So you can stew in your hatred of the USA. You can make up reasons why we're so bad and that our nation is an abomination. You can completely ignore how we helped so many nations (chances are you're in one of them). We could care less that you hate us. Go ahead and fool yourself into thinking you're making some kind of difference or helping some noble cause by hating us. We could care less.

If I change one person's mind with this post, I'll be happy. If I don't, it won't phase me in the least. You may now bash me with your hatred and flawed arguments and feel superior in your own little world now.

That was my 2 cents, I would hope you think hard about what I've said before making a response.

>_> <_<

This topic got really serious lol

I believe they should. Because the fact is' date=' a gang-member isn't going to go to Bass Pro Shop saying, "I would like to purchase a gun, kind sir." Most people who want to commit gun crimes purchase them against the law, many are unmarked.

[/quote']

that's the #1 priority for the right: for your own protection (you just have to treat it very carefully so you don't hurt yourself/your family).

Nothing is going to stop gang members/criminals from getting guns regardless whether it's legal or not, so if you take the right away, what's going to defend you if they decide to break into your house or something?

If I would have enough might I would immediately change the law. Many people said: "Guns don't kill people' date=' people kill people." I agree, but for my opinioun the americans are really agressive, violent.....and idiots. If you look to Germany for example: That little country has over 80 million inhabitants and the law of carrying a gun is very very strict there. There are also many different people, like russians, turks, italians, greeks.....in America are also many different people.

If you look to the stats, Germany has very less killings caused by guns. How?? Because there it is hard to get a gun, also for criminals. Okay....America has 300 million inhabitants, but if you multiplicate the killings caused by guns in Germany x4 (so we have then 320 million inhabitants in Germany), they would not reach our number....of thirty thousand deaths caused by guns each year. Thats the best evidence that a [u']strict law[/u] and "intelligent" people dont cause such extreme violence with guns like it is in America.

So I can't understand why some people here defend that ancient tradition of carrying a gun. Times changed... we arent in the 18th or 19th century anymore, the people got crazy.

Yes, because as soon as opium, cocaine, and shoplifting were illegalized, no one did them anymore. :D

And the whole "Americans being idiots" thing is overplayed. On average, the IQ of America is

around the same as Europe.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

New point: Guns aren't the only media of murder. Knives, daggers, and switchblades are just as deadly, if not moreso; it's tricky to torture with a gun, but with a dagger or switch, you can put someone through immense pain until they appease you.

Random note: I'm buying a gun as soon as it's legal to do so. I have a feeling I'll make a lot of enemies in life, and having a Witness Match on me would let me concentrate harder on my work.

Related humor: Many conservatives in southern states of the United States of America began buying guns in the South as soon as Obama was elected, hoping to circumvent future restrictions... despite the fact that a background check was about all arms dealers had to do.

If I would have enough might I would immediately change the law. Many people said: "Guns don't kill people' date=' people kill people." I agree, but for my opinioun the americans are really agressive, violent.....and idiots. If you look to Germany for example: That little country has over [b']80 million[/b] inhabitants and the law of carrying a gun is very very strict there. There are also many different people, like russians, turks, italians, greeks.....in America are also many different people.

If you look to the stats, Germany has very less killings caused by guns. How?? Because there it is hard to get a gun, also for criminals. Okay....America has 300 million inhabitants, but if you multiplicate the killings caused by guns in Germany x4 (so we have then 320 million inhabitants in Germany), they would not reach our number....of thirty thousand deaths caused by guns each year. Thats the best evidence that a strict law and "intelligent" people dont cause such extreme violence with guns like it is in America.

Let's see why your logic fails.

Germay is also sorrounded by nations it can easily trade with, lowering prices of goods and creating less poverty.

Less poverty = less murder.

Let's see why your logic fails.

Germay is also sorrounded by nations it can easily trade with' date=' lowering prices of goods and creating less poverty.

Less poverty = less murder.

[/quote']

My logic dont fails. Quote: "Less proverty = Less murder".....everybody knows that. But believe me, if Germany would have had the same gun law like America, there would have been muuuuch more killings caused by guns and this is what the thread is about. Nothing else.

If I would have enough might I would immediately change the law. Many people said: "Guns don't kill people' date=' people kill people." I agree, but for my opinioun the americans are really agressive, violent.....and idiots. If you look to Germany for example: That little country has over [b']80 million[/b] inhabitants and the law of carrying a gun is very very strict there. There are also many different people, like russians, turks, italians, greeks.....in America are also many different people.

You failed when you made up the word 'multiplicate'.

You dont understand what I meant. This here: "Guns dont kill people, people kill people" is true, but guns make it much easier for the people to kill other people.

Each year, there are 34,000 gun-related deaths in the United States. Every day, about 75 American children are shot. Most recover....15 do not!!!! An adolescent is twice as likely to commit suicide if a gun is kept in the home. Gunz are just a bad thing. Realize that.

Whatever....its good that I found here some people that would also change the gun law in America like me if they could.

EDIT: I haven't noticed your text "Amethyst Phoenix". But now I've seen it.

Well....

Don't think you're a wise guy. Did you ever made some bad experience with crimes or something like that, at least your family? I guess not, cause the way are writing tells me that you see only the good side of a gun. Little kid, learn that guns are always evil. They arent so cool like you think. I can tell you alot of things that happened. My aunt got threatened of a criminal which had a gun in his hand and stole her handbag with 700$ in it. Even if she would have carried a gun, how she could have used it for defense? The criminal would have shot her down faster than she could take it from her bag, I'm so happy that exatly this didn't happen.

An old friend commited a suicide (read first post for more info). And something that was harder than the theft which happened to my aunt was a colleague of my father. He got killed by a gang when he went through a "ghetto". For the police he got killed for an unknown reason.

Thats why I would change the law. IMMEDIATELY! How old are you? You just haven't made any bad experiences "Amthyst Phoenix". You told us that you killed some animals without missing the mark. You think now "oh yeah, I used a gun, now I am so cool. Guns arent a bad thing, ". You also think "I havent killed anyone although I have a gun, so guns are only a good thing."

Maybe I'm wrriting toooo officious, but I really would like to have a different gun law in America. And why should it get worse if you change the law? Some people would be very happy for that change, some others would be angered a lot. So what? Changing a law happened already sometimes, and there had been always some people which got angered a lot. If the law would be more strict....there would be much lesser killings caused by guns. Dont compare this with drugs, like some here said.

What people need to look at is why guns are so dangerous. Instead of outlawing guns, make bullets, shells, etc. cost like $5000 each. Then, nobody would even think about shooting someone because they couldn't afford it. When combined with the current recession in the American economy, people would think twice before shooting someone.

What people need to look at is why guns are so dangerous. Instead of outlawing guns' date=' make bullets, shells, etc. cost like $5000 each. Then, nobody would even think about shooting someone because they couldn't afford it. When combined with the current recession in the American economy, people would think twice before shooting someone.

[/quote']

Everyone who says anything like this is instantly made of fail. It's a little something called the black market.

Butting in: I think should have the right to carry guns. Its for safety all people. Think if it as a last resorte. Or carry one around thats not loaded. You could pull it out when you are in danger and people might think its loaded and back away, run or something. A law should pass for this and thats final. Well its not final but it should be.

What people need to look at is why guns are so dangerous. Instead of outlawing guns' date=' make bullets, shells, etc. cost like $5000 each. Then, nobody would even think about shooting someone because they couldn't afford it. When combined with the current recession in the American economy, people would think twice before shooting someone.

[/quote']

Everyone who says anything like this is instantly made of fail. It's a little something called the black market.

Oh, don't be so naive...

The only people who really access the black market are drug lords... and mafia/gang members... and criminals in general...

heh....

Butting in: I think should have the right to carry guns. Its for safety all people. Think if it as a last resorte. Or carry one around thats not loaded. You could pull it out when you are in danger and people might think its loaded and back away' date=' run or something. A law should pass for this and thats final. Well its not final but it should be.

[/quote']

But wouldn't that just alert people to the fact that your gun isn't loaded so that they can carry a knife around which works regardless of whether or not it has bullets in it?

Archived