Should americans keep the right to carry guns?

Oscuro

Well, this thread is maybe preposterous for some people, but I think its a crucial issue.

Why I made this thread? I had a good friend in my school, but he moved to a different town. I havent seen him since one year and three days ago this happened.......he killed himself with a gun.

That was hard for me, but I think the law is responsible for this...but at least a little. You can buy everywhere bullets and guns. And to commit suicide with a gun is the fastest death, without to feel pain. So no wonder that people take the gun for suicide and not the way to hang oneself for example...

There are thousands of deaths in america caused by guns, and how many people used it to defend themselves off criminals? Only a few...

This makes suicide much easier and criminals will have no problem to rob or kill people with a gun on his/her hand.

What do you guys think? Should americans keep the right to carry guns or not?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if we take the guns away they we should take away our cars too (since thousands die in them). Oh and we should kill all the dangerous animals that kill people in the wild. While we are doing that we should abolish violent video game cause they make kids kill. Oh yeah, let's make peace dude.

While taking away our guns would make the US a better and safer place. It's not gonna happen.

Well if we take the guns away they we should take away our cars too (since thousands die in them) If you're on about CO2' date=' that isn't killing anyone. If some guy is doing dangerous / sheet driving then that's their own fault.[/b']. Oh and we should kill all the dangerous animals that kill people in the wild. Lol, aviod them like most do? Good luck dodging in the bullet btw, as I'm pretty sure someone will make them comeback. While we are doing that we should abolish violent video game cause they make kids kill. Eh, I don't like that kids play them, it pisses me off to know end to see my little brother playing CoD and being happy that he's killing people. Not to mention it makes kids think guns are cool, hence all the toy guns. Oh yeah, let's make peace dude. ... ;)

While taking away our guns would make the US a better and safer place. It's not gonna happen. I know it won't, but we can dream. :P

Well if we take the guns away they we should take away our cars too (since thousands die in them) If you're on about CO2' date=' that isn't killing anyone. If some guy is doing dangerous / s*** driving then that's their own fault.[/b']. Oh and we should kill all the dangerous animals that kill people in the wild. Lol, aviod them like most do? Good luck dodging in the bullet btw, as I'm pretty sure someone will make them comeback. While we are doing that we should abolish violent video game cause they make kids kill. Eh, I don't like that kids play him, it pisses me off to know end to see my little brother playing CoD and being happy that he's killing people. Not to mention it makes kids think guns are cool, hence all the toy guns. Oh yeah, let's make peace dude. ... ;)

While taking away our guns would make the US a better and safer place. It's not gonna happen. I know it won't, but we can dream. :P

Dude. Bears run fast.

[/topic]

Well if we take the guns away they we should take away our cars too (since thousands die in them) If you're on about CO2' date=' that isn't killing anyone. If some guy is doing dangerous / s*** driving then that's their own fault.[/b']. Oh and we should kill all the dangerous animals that kill people in the wild. Lol, aviod them like most do? Good luck dodging in the bullet btw, as I'm pretty sure someone will make them comeback. While we are doing that we should abolish violent video game cause they make kids kill. Eh, I don't like that kids play him, it pisses me off to know end to see my little brother playing CoD and being happy that he's killing people. Not to mention it makes kids think guns are cool, hence all the toy guns. Oh yeah, let's make peace dude. ... ;)

Right guy is right.

If your friend wanted to commit suicide, then fine. It's his own life.

Making guns illegal won't solve anything, people will still get their hands on guns; or find new ways to kill.

Oh, and thinks about this, does your idea include ALL americans? Even the ones who work for the police?

If your friend wanted to commit suicide' date=' then fine. It's his own life.

Making guns illegal won't solve anything, people will still get their hands on guns; or find new ways to kill.

Oh, and thinks about this, does your idea include ALL americans? Even the ones who work for the police?

[/quote']

But it will reduce deaths and make it harder to get your hands on a gun

If your friend wanted to commit suicide' date=' then fine. It's his own life.

[/quote']

But it will reduce deaths and make it harder to get your hands on a gun

There still are other ways. Heck, you can probably make your own guns and shite like that on your own.

@ Deathmetal

Well, deaths caused by cars and animals is muuuch different! That has nothing to do with guns.

Here are some facts from FamilyEducation.com:

Each year, there are 34,000 gun-related deaths in the U.S. How many of those dead are children, and has that number increased in the last few years? Here are the facts.

Safety expert Gavin de Becker found out while researching his books, The Gift of Fear and Protecting the Gift, that:

* Every day, about 75 American children are shot. Most recover — 15 do not.

* The majority of fatal accidents involving a firearm occur in the home.

* Gunshot wounds are the single most common cause of death for women in the home, accounting for nearly half of all homicides and 42 percent of suicides.

* An adolescent is twice as likely to commit suicide if a gun is kept in the home.

* More teenage boys in America die from gunfire than from car accidents.

* Gunshot wounds are now the leading cause of death for teenage boys in America (white, African-American, urban, and suburban).

Researchers at familyeducation.com have collected the following statistics on kids and guns:

* Twenty-nine percent of high-school boys have at least one firearm; most are intended for hunting and sporting purposes.

Six percent say they carry a gun outside the home.

The National Institute of Justice, 1998

* From 1980 to 1997, gun killings by young people age 18 to 24 increased from about 5,000 to more than 7,500.

During the same period, gun killings by people 25 and older fell by almost half, to about 5,000.

The U.S. Department of Justice

* There are about 60 million handguns in the United States.

About 2 to 3 million new and used handguns are sold each year.

U.S. Senate Statistics

* Nearly 500 children and teenagers each year are killed in gun-related accidents.

About 1,500 commit suicide.

Nearly 7,000 violent crimes are committed each year by juveniles using guns they found in their own homes.

Senator Herb Kohl, sponsor of the safety-lock measure.

* Every day in 1994, 16 children age 19 and under were killed with guns, and 64 were wounded in this country.

National Center for Health and Statistics, 1996

I think these numbers say it all....and you compare this with car accidents and dangerous animals?

Those "numbers" are over 10 years old. Times change.

Times change? Yes you're right. From 2002-2008 the violence and the killings caused by guns was higher than these "old" numbers! 2009 won't be better. Isn't that enough for you? You're defending the right to carry guns like someone from the NRA, which use senseless reasons to keep that right to carry a gun alive.

Mankind will always find something to kill people with its in our nature. All people have the ability in them to kill, but for most they either don't listen or just ignore it. (I always think of the Chorus for Papa Roach's Blood Brothers for this argument)

Making something illegal just makes the problem worse. Look at what its done to drugs.

There alot of more things that can kill you in the world, you ban them, then humans would well....well actually you've banned humans.....or rather the world would end, coz everything would be banned. I know that's going literal, but sometimes you need to realise that you can't fight the world because of one thing. If you friend used something different would you ban that?

People do change, crime levels go up and down so those figures are probably incorrect and out of line with reality.

Mankind will always find something to kill people with its in our nature. All people have the ability in them to kill' date=' but for most they either don't listen or just ignore it. (I always think of the Chorus for Papa Roach's Blood Brothers for this argument)

Making something illegal just makes the problem worse. Look at what its done to drugs.

There alot of more things that can kill you in the world, you ban them, then humans would well....well actually you've banned humans.....or rather the world would end, coz everything would be banned. I know that's going literal, but sometimes you need to realise that you can't fight the world because of one thing. If you friend used something different would you ban that?

People do change, crime levels go up and down so those figures are probably incorrect and out of line with reality.

[/quote']

And to think that a magical notebook managed to reduce the world's crime rate by almost 70%. We need one of those. >=3

Just remember: Guns don't kill people; People kill people.

Mankind will always find something to kill people with its in our nature. All people have the ability in them to kill' date=' but for most they either don't listen or just ignore it. (I always think of the Chorus for Papa Roach's Blood Brothers for this argument)

[/quote']

And to think that a magical notebook managed to reduce the world's crime rate by almost 70%. We need one of those. >=3

Just remember: Guns don't kill people; People kill people.

Like you actually need guns to kill, think of it more as a defense

Why JUST Americans?

Why not European?

Why not British?

Why Alqeudin(horrible spelling >_>)?

Look past this altercation based upon a set country. But based upon the simple fact that we are humans. Humans are not perfect, just like animals; humans have aggression, just like animals; but humans can be taught and understand things better than animals.

It isn't 'carrying' the guns that is the problem, it is not knowing how, and not knowing when/where and why to use it, that is the problem.

Until we/everyone, is able to effectively say that Humans can handle the fact that they hold someones life within their hands, shall they not be allowed to possess guns.. well, guns that can kill.

Archived