Card Trooper is OK at 2.

My Deck is immune to Card Trooper.

I can't tell if you're trying to be partially serious whilst poking fun at that other silly member, so I'll say this.

At 2, Card Trooper can't OTK with Dupe, but it can come pretty close. I suppose it wouldn't be too damaging at 2, although I think it would make more sense to ban Machine Duplication and just unlimit Card Trooper.

I can't tell if you're trying to be partially serious whilst poking fun at that other silly member' date=' so I'll say this.

At 2, Card Trooper can't OTK with Dupe, but it can come pretty close. I suppose it wouldn't be too damaging at 2, although I think it would make more sense to ban Machine Duplication and just unlimit Card Trooper.

[/quote']

What, you're going to kill a card that opens a variety of new non-OTK strategies in order to save an extra copy of a generic floater beatstick?

I can't tell if you're trying to be partially serious whilst poking fun at that other silly member' date=' so I'll say this.

[/quote']

What, you're going to kill a card that opens a variety of new non-OTK strategies in order to save an extra copy of a generic floater beatstick?

No.

Machine Duplication is a simple +2 that also thins your Deck.

Card Trooper is a +0 that can be beneficial to certain Decks that rely on the Graveyard.

It seems like Card Trooper would be the wiser choice to keep around. Especially taking into consideration the fact that Limiter Removal would be banned on a good list, so Trooper OTK wouldn't be an issue.

[/quote']

No.

Card Trooper is a +0 that can be beneficial to certain Decks that rely on the Graveyard.

It seems like Card Trooper would be the wiser choice to keep around. Especially taking into consideration the fact that Limiter Removal would be banned on a good list, so Trooper OTK wouldn't be an issue.

Chaos Greed is a +2 and Destiny Draw is a +0 so we should ban situational cards?!

[/quote']

No.

Chaos Greed is a +2 and Destiny Draw is a +0 so we should ban situational cards?!

Are Chaos Greed and Destiny Draw SIMPLE +2s?

While we're making up numbers here, you guys fail to consider that The Cheerful Coffin is a simple +7, and should therefore be banned.

[/quote']

No.

There's nothing "simple" about a card that can only be used in conjunction with a Machine-Type monster of less than 500 ATK of which you run three copies, two of which are still in the deck, and which you would want to have on the field in multiples. And you claim that Destiny Draw isn't simple, when all it needs is any member of its archetype?

Card Trooper is a +0

Okay' date=' stop. They are both +1. Stop being an idiot.

that can be beneficial to certain Decks that rely on the Graveyard.

As can a wide variety of other cards. Including, you know, an entire archetype full of cards.

Note also that it relies on luck. And is splashable.

It seems like Card Trooper would be the wiser choice to keep around.

Are you going to tell me that banning Machine Duplication in order to bring back one measly copy of Card Trooper somehow helps the game? There must be something pretty bloody special about this third copy of Card Trooper to make it worth killing an otherwise balanced card to bring back.

Especially taking into consideration the fact that Limiter Removal would be banned on a good list' date=' so Trooper OTK wouldn't be an issue.

[/quote']

Oh, yeah. Good point. Because without any way of Special Summoning them en masse, Trooper OTK is such a huge issue anyhow, am I right?

While we're making up numbers here' date=' you guys fail to consider that The Cheerful Coffin is a simple +7, and should therefore be banned.

[/quote']

No.

There's nothing "simple" about a card that can only be used in conjunction with a Machine-Type monster of less than 500 ATK of which you run three copies, two of which are still in the deck, and which you would want to have on the field in multiples. And you claim that Destiny Draw isn't simple, when all it needs is any member of its archetype?

Card Trooper is a +0

[/quote']

How do you figure?

Trooper is destroyed, that's a -1, then you draw a card, making it a +0. Unless I'm missing something.

While we're making up numbers here' date=' you guys fail to consider that The Cheerful Coffin is a simple +7, and should therefore be banned.

[/quote']

No.

Card Trooper is a +0

[/quote']

How do you figure?

Trooper is destroyed, that's a -1, then you draw a card, making it a +0. Unless I'm missing something.

There's a difference between "Tribute this card to do X" and "When this card is destroyed, do X". Trooper, Mystic Tomato, Sangan... all +1's.

[/quote']

No.

Card Trooper is a +0

[/quote']

How do you figure?

There's a difference between "Tribute this card to do X" and "When this card is destroyed, do X". Trooper, Mystic Tomato, Sangan... all +1's.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the impression that it was a +0.

Machine Duplication should be banned' date=' trooper has use in a wide variety of decks such as magical explosion FTK.

[/quote']

Magical Explosion is banworthy. Your argument is invalid.

1 = Meh...

2 = Oooh without being OP

3 = OTK central

I think its fine at 2

Limiter Removal is banworthy so no OTK would exist unless I am missing something. But there is the fact Dup would turn one Trooper into 3 easy beatsticks (assuming Trooper is at 3) that get replaced in the form of a draw when destroyed.

Machine Duplication should be banned' date=' trooper has use in a wide variety of decks such as magical explosion FTK.

[/quote']

Banning a card in order to allow an FTK-supporting card to go from 2 to 3? Brilliant!

Not to mention that Magical Explosion is banworthy and doesn't need a team of Troopers anyhow. >_>

Archived