Videogame Music

MarbleZone

I asked Flame Dragon, he said it was ok to post this in the VG section instead of Music.

So, talk about your favourite videogame music, make suggestions and discuss whatever comes to mind about the subject - from the declining quality of Nobuo Uematsu's music to the catchy Sonic the Hedgehog tunes from the old Sega Genesis. ;)

Silent Hill 2's Theme of Laura is awesome. And ignore that it falls completely out of place in a terror game - it's an awesome song for an annoying character. :P (

)

Ah, Sakuraba. At this point, I believe he isn't a man, but a music making machine. Seriously, since late 2007, he's made the soundtracks for Tales of Innocence, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Hearts, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Star Ocean 4, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 1 and 2, and possibly a few other games. His music is still pretty decent, which is a surprise seeing how many soundtracks he's made over the past year or so.

I just finished Crisis Core. It's soundtrack is amazing. I recently bought it on iTunes. Also, Final Fantasy XIII is looking pretty good in the music department at the moment. Masashi Hamauzu, is going to be the next Nobuo Uematsu (when he was good).

Sakuraba's Valkyrie Profile and Valkyrie Profile 2 soundtracks are absolutely amazing; unfortunately, those are the only ones I have of him.

Hm, then again maybe not - was he the composer for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time? If so, that's another soundtrack I own of him, and easily my favourite. :)

Music helps make the moments that much better in video games. I've been working on a top 10 final boss vg music list' date=' and I could finish it. But if I post it here, FD would just start squawking at me about it. >_>

[/quote']

Make vid, post link in youtube thread, post here.

Is that hard?

Or i guess i could make a Top 10 thread.

Almost all of Brawl's OST is made of win. I have the bulk of it on my Ipod.

Seconded. Though mine is on mah PSP cause my IPod Nano sux bawls.

Among the best music....i'd say......

Kingdom Hearts (Whole Series)

EVERY MegaMan Game

Street Fighter (I love Ken and Guile's Themes....and Zangief too.)

Metroid (Must I even tell you which song? Ridley.....bum bum....)

Gradius (OMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Gradius III FTW!)

I'd go on....but i'd have to publish a book.

best. music. ever.

Music helps make the moments that much better in video games. I've been working on a top 10 final boss vg music list' date=' and I could finish it. But if I post it here, FD would just start squawking at me about it. >_>

[/quote']

Make vid, post link in youtube thread, post here.

Is that hard?

Or i guess i could make a Top 10 thread.

Even if I wanted to, I can't because WMM ain't workin'. Otherwise, I'd have up more "My Brawl Music" videos up.

Top 10 thread. Do it. I don't care if I'm the only one who posts in it.

The music for Fallout 3 really isn't great when it is listened to without the game, but it's a whole different thing when it's mixed in with elements of the game. The music really captures the elements of the Capital Wastelands. Oh, lol, and Gradius like Obsidian said. I would just turn it on to listen to the game's music.

The music for Fallout 3 really isn't great when it is listened to without the game' date=' but it's a whole different thing when it's mixed in with elements of the game. The music really captures the elements of the Capital Wastelands. [b']Oh, lol, and Gradius like Obsidian said. I would just turn it on to listen to the game's music.[/b]

I love you. Good thing though, I have the Gradius Collection that has like 6 full soundtracks in the gallery XD.

But...the SNES Version of Gradius III is the absolute best. I hum it when i'm sad and I get happy again. Probably the best thing Konami did right.

[quote='Basherbelding' pid='1901254' dateline='1237407358']
Does Guitar Hero count? XD
[/quote]

No. It's is a music game and none of the tracks are come from a game.

Some would hold true for Rockband.

As I said DKC2 has great music, and this is by far the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g

Archived