Seafaring Epidemic! <RP><PG-16>, started and accepting by PM.

What was left of the mercenaries vacated the room and the king took a seat at the throne then proceeded to smirk at the Caption. "Caption Jacob Freeman' date=' it's been awhile now hasn't it?" The king said changing his smirk to a smile and then chuckling slightly. "What can I, the king of this country, do for you, hm?" The king said in his amused sense of speech as he proceeded to give him another smile.

[/quote']

He bowed instead of keeling as the usual subjects do, Jacob was one of the few to not accept the new ways of the King but not rebel. He got up and faced the king "Lord if i may plead. Hiring soldiers of fortune is something your father would have never done in a time of crises. We should be spending what we have on the locals and the loyal. A Mercenary is a bad as a Pirate." He said as he looked at the kings eyes

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You may vote for whomever you feel fit for the job, you don't have to vote for me lad." Schiver said as he walked up to nominate someone then came back to his seat. "Alright then, let the voting rounds begin!" The third member of the court said as he waved his hand to the crowd. There were ten nominees: Captain Schiver, First Mate Dominic, Captain Havic-who was absent at the time-, Captain Bobby, Captain James Walkenson-jokingly of course-, and then five other captains that Dominic had never even heard of. All the nominees glared at Dominic harshly, as he was the ONLY first mate to be on the ballet...

{UNDER THE SEA!}

"You think to lowly of my plan to ask such a question so early..." Lord Levaithin said to Sharptooth disrespectfully, as he pulled a human girl bound in chains to his side so she would present herself to the group. "Listen well, this girl is not to be touched. For she is the key to getting to the mainland!" Lord Levaithin announced, but all the sea creatures at the stone table looked at the girl in disbelief and confusion...

{ON THE MAINLAND!}

The king looked down at Caption Jacob Freeman with an evil smirk and chuckle. "Perhaps, but here's the thing. Regular knights that we have around here can't face against pirates, most of them can barely swim." The king stood up. "Now mercenaries, they're a free resource to which I can dispose of." The king turned toward the right and walked to a window. "For you see...any mercenary under my control that survives. I intend to kill off afterward without payment!" The king laughed with evil intent in his voice...

The Caption sighed after the kings response "Your Lordship... We all due respect but when the main war was over and... you took power from your father several knights and Sailors officers in general, retired from the armed forces." He said with truth in his voice and the king knew it. "Sir many of the poor speak of revolt." he paused "even some of the less loyal and lower office speak aswell. If several learn of what your doing to the Mercs if that word goes to the wrong ears then your life my be threatened." Jacob said with all series in his voice being one of the old few Navy officers to stay under the new order.

The king turned and frowned at the thoughts that this caption had just presented to him. "I know that I may die if my plan goes under..." The king said, turning back to the window. "What the people don't understand is the state my father left the country in when I was to start leading again." The king then reflected back on some moments where his father was his happiest and his most generous. "The country was financially bankrupt. We don't have any money to pay those men." The king kept flashing back to random times that he and his farther had spent together. "My life...is a small price to pay...for the safety of this country." The king turned toward the caption. "We may seem in a good state now, but that is merely because we are not morally bankrupt. No one knows of the state of our country, none but me and the ghost that is my father..." The king finished.

He nodded, in the kings explanation, and thought for it awhile making a silence in the room, but soon the uneasy silence was broken. "Sir i am made my plead and if you wish to keep on doing what you wish i will not stop you, i am loyal to you and the people of the kingdom." He sighed for a moment, and then got to attention "I am here to fallow orders My lord."

"Now, allow me to explain...rather SHOW you why this girl is so important to our cause!" Lord Levaithin then pointed to a Hydra in the back of the group. "You there, mid-aged hydra, approach me and my divine presence!" The hydra swan up to Lord Levaithin and bowed to his liege. "Now girl, work your magic!" The girl was pulled forward to face the hydra as her hands started to grow golden, after a few moments the hydra was suddenly human. He had legs and arms, a human head, and none of his hydra features were showing. Everyone around the table was amazed and finally knew why this girls presence was needed to their cause.

ooc: Again, can breath with Levaithin's magic.

~~~

{AT THE PIRATE COURT!!!}

All the votes were finally taken in and after about forty five minutes of deliberation, they we're all counted and the third member stood to announce the winner. "Hear ye! Hear ye!" The third member said. "In essence, just shut the hell up." The first member said, as the third looked at him crudely and angrily. "Yes, anyway...we have ourselves a Pirate Lord." The second member stood and coughed. "That is correct, our new Pirate Lord is First Mate Dominic." The crowd was in shock at who the second just said was to be Pirate Lord.

Orikalies was swimming until he heard something about a girl. Interesting. Oh crap, this is the meeting room. He swam and watched the transformation. What the hell just happened? How do we know if he is one of us or not?

Orikalies was swimming until he heard something about a girl. Interesting. Oh crap, this is the meeting room. He swam and watched the transformation.

He nodded' date=' in the kings explanation, and thought for it awhile making a silence in the room, but soon the uneasy silence was broken. "Sir i am made my plead and if you wish to keep on doing what you wish i will not stop you, i am loyal to you and the people of the kingdom." He sighed for a moment, and then got to attention "I am here to fallow orders My lord."

[/quote']

Archived