Favourite Anime and Manga

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna do something like this... I won't say my top 5 favorite anime a lot because it may change a lot (Like it has since last time I posted here), but it I were to have a top 5 anime and manga, and not count spin-offs and sequels, it would be like this right now:

Anime:

1. Clannad

2. Angel Beats!

3. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

4. Toaru Majutsu no Index

5. Black Rock Shooter

Manga:

1. Hayate no Gotoku!

2. Little Busters!

3. Saki

4. Acchi Kocchi

5. Kill Me Baby

• 3 weeks later...

There are 2 Code Geass OVAs coming sometime later this year.

Oh, and Durarara is more of a favorite of mine now than Haruhi.

Darrarara was good but i still don't get their reason of ending it?

-KHR beats it thou, but same effect of what happened to DARARa

Darrarara was good but i still don't get their reason of ending it?

-KHR beats it thou, but same effect of what happened to DARARa

The budget they were given was probably only enough for 24+ episodes (however many were made) and there wasn't enough demand for a 2nd season? Something like that.

And I thought KHR was on a hiatus, but it's been too long. Think it just ended too shortly like some other anime out there...

The budget they were given was probably only enough for 24+ episodes (however many were made) and there wasn't enough demand for a 2nd season? Something like that.

And I thought KHR was on a hiatus, but it's been too long. Think it just ended too shortly like some other anime out there...

after bleach is over what are you going to watch " mainly " ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

favorite anime in order:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho

2. Death Note

3. DBZ

4. FMA [at 16th ep.]

5. Naruto Shippuden

5. Bleach

p.s. if i buy yu yu hakusho/dbz on walmart.com, would it have the same dubs and music as the original? Because i got the episode of dbz called the final kamehameha, and it didn't have the epic piano.

favorite anime in order:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho

2. Death Note

3. DBZ

4. FMA [at 16th ep.]

5. Naruto Shippuden

5. Bleach

p.s. if i buy yu yu hakusho/dbz on walmart.com, would it have the same dubs and music as the original? Because i got the episode of dbz called the final kamehameha, and it didn't have the epic piano.

Do i see what am seeing?

Actually it's totally possible to have Naruto and Bleach in your top five - all you need to do is watch five or fewer anime.

*rimshot*

No, but seriously, that's a pretty normal list for somebody who's seen a regular handful of gateway anime. Anyhoots, this is my top five. Remember to read section headings in the Nostalgia Critic's voice for best results.

#5. Death Note

Usually the #1 slot is the hardest, but for me, I got a top four and realized that was all I could think of I liked more than Death Note. It should be said that the worst thing about Death Note is not the fact that its quality was reduced by half after that happened (yeah, like there's anyone here whom I need to protect from spoilers). No, the worst thing about Death Note is its fans: the ones who think Death Note has a shred of moral ambiguity. Nope. The main character just happens to be the bad guy. It happens. Setting all that aside, Death Note looks fantastic, sounds good in both versions, and for the most part keeps things fresh and thrilling.

#4. Gurren Lagann

Possibly the most quotable anime of all-time, Gurren Lagann is...look, do I really have to say anything else? Because I can't think of anything.

#3. Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion

Yes. This. Unlike everything else which rests comfortably in its spot on the list, Evangelion fought for this spot tooth and nail. If there was something in danger of being knocked off, it would be this. By far the most flawed work on this list, Evangelion's is sloppy as hell, from tip to top. It has some kind of problem with virtually every part, from imagery, to music, choreography, plot, theme...yeah, everything. But when Evangelion is good, it is so absolutely, gut-wrenchingly good that it actually gets away with all that.

#2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica

We're at the home-stretch, and have reached what is bar none the best anime of 2011. As I was watching it, I knew that it had the potential to supplant my #1, but it didn't (for reasons I'll discuss). Setting that aside, this show might actually be perfect. If not, it's probably the closest thing. Rarely does money and quality come together so perfectly. It looks gorgeous, sounds beautiful, excellently plotted and, equally importantly, perfectly paced. One of the best things I can say about Madoka is that it doesn't f***ing waste your time. It's twelve episodes, and frankly after watching it I wish every anime could be twelve episodes so it wouldn't be padded out with meaningless material. My only complaint would be the ending, which I think a lot of people liked, but I personally did not. It wasn't awful, no, and it did several things in the post-climax wrap-up which made me feel much better about the ending, but it just wasn't enough to knock another anime (one which did have a good ending) from the top spot...

#1. Code Geass

Code Geass is not perfect. Code Geass is not even close to perfect. Its tone is erratic, its plot not wholly solvent, its fanservice is bothersome, and it is the only entry on this list that suffers from power creep. But it is also ridiculously amazing. It's at once near Gurren Lagann-level in your face and restrained like Madoka. In fact, that's an apt analogy, because Code Geass combines Gurren Lagann's raw action and Madoka's emotional assaults (not to say Gurren Lagann doesn't have its own emotional gut-punches), and then its own political drama to the mix. Lelouch is often compared to Light from Death Note, but that's not giving him enough credit. Lelouch has layers of complexity (more than he thinks he does) Light lacks (try saying that five times fast). I mentioned erratic tone, and while this can be irritating, the scenes at school also serves to counterpoint the war drama, particularly when the two begin to mix. The plot's...lack of cohesion is certainly understandable when it is so incredibly dense, and the question of who exactly knows which paradigm-changing plot point becomes so incredibly up in the air. And yes, Code Geass has its share of fanservice (and no one has a lower tolerance for fanservice than me - even most women have a higher tolerance than I do), but it is implemented weirdly naturally and well.

And, to top it all of, Code Geass manages after fifty episodes to conclude all of its plot threads (well, all the ones you can remember) in an ending of such beauty and finality that only the lowest class of human would ask for a third season.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Death Note

2. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

3. Yu-Gi-Oh!

4. Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

5. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Good list aye?

Awful list.

GX was by far the absolute worst Yugioh, ZeXal is slightly better, 5D's was okay, and the original was good.

All but the original are poorly written piles of references and incoherent plots that don't deserve to be mentioned, more often than not.

Archived