X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Icy

Not good at all

Acting was very good for the most part, script was pretty terrible and cliche, fighting was too coreographed and the pace didn't make sense for some of the fights, effects were absolutely terrible, some of the cinematography was sloppy, and the plot is lacking and doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you get over the whole "Oh my god, it's Wolverine!", then you realize just how bad it actually is.

And the movie breaks cannon severly to the point that people who aren't comic book fans recognized a few bad changes.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem isn't a few details wrong or having the background a little different for a better story, it's the sheer huge difference in this movie.

With the previous X-men movies, they only had some details changed to fit better with their story (Like Juggernaut not being Charles' brother in the movie, it wouldn't have fit with the story they were going for so it wasn't that bad). The biggest change of course being the Pheonix, but their reasoning was an acceptable change since they made sure it still made some sense. That goes for the other comic book movies too, they didn't make huge changes that weren't necessary, but just made some simple ones that were sensible.

Wolverine, on the other hand: changed powers, changed the history of multiple characters, changed the ages of characters, changed the entire Weapons program, and on and on... And even then they barely came close to Wolverine's actual history.

Guest JoshIcy

Not good at all

Acting was very good for the most part' date=' script was pretty terrible and cliche, fighting was too coreographed and the pace didn't make sense for some of the fights, effects were absolutely terrible, some of the cinematography was sloppy, and the plot is lacking and doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you get over the whole "Oh my god, it's Wolverine!", then you realize just how bad it actually is.

And the movie breaks cannon severly to the point that people who aren't comic book fans recognized a few bad changes.

[/quote']

Yeah, once I saw the location of where he got his adamantium, I knew where it was going.

So imho, the only great parts was the beginning. And the overall plot/backline story with him and sabretooth. I can appreciate that much...

The rest. I kinda let my mind slip by it. I wanted to enjoy the movie...

Yeah but they don't expect a large number of comic die hard fans to watch the film' date=' and even if they knew most of the audience knew they BSed almost all the facts, they feels they audience would let it go

[/quote']

Actually, that's the exact opposite of what people do when they create something based on a previously famous franchise. The whole point of making any of the X-Men and the Wolverine movies was simply to make money off the fact that people will see it merely because of the fact that the X-Men and Wolverine are in it. And having these in any form of media instantly attracts those that love and know the characters.

The only real way I could see the audience missing holes that even break the movie cannon, was that they thought they could distract the audience with how bad the movie is.

Not good at all

Acting was very good for the most part' date=' script was pretty terrible and cliche, fighting was too coreographed and the pace didn't make sense for some of the fights, effects were absolutely terrible, some of the cinematography was sloppy, and the plot is lacking and doesn't make a lot of sense.

[/quote']

My Mum only saw it so she could see Hugh Jackman topless.

One of the only good bits was his hawt girlfriend XD

Archived