LETS TALK ABOUT DSF!

Before you post LOL GOOD CARD IS GOOD, let me say one thing: shut up. I don't want to hear it.

What I do want to hear is a discussion of where this card belongs on the banlist.

Go.

(i know this is a carbon copy of Carbs thread but meh im to lazy to type out the same info)

Anyway. This is fine at 3. As discussed before' date=' Airbellum is the problem. Ban that. Problem solved.

[/quote']

Isn't Airbellum the problem for Brionac?

Well. Banning Airbellum would mean you can't Synchro Summon Brionac with 1 card. Banning Rescue Cat would be the same deal. As Rescue Cat contributes more to the game than a Level 3 Beast-Type Tuner then Airbellum should be banned.

It is perfectly possible for a card to be problematic when used with a number of certain cards but harmless when used alone.

I don't see how that works with Dark Strike Fighter.

Allow me to explain.

Summoner Monk + 2 Spells in hand = 3 card OTK.

This is what you do.

Use up your Normal Summon to summon Summoner Monk. Use its ability to discard a Spell and bring out another Summoner Monk. Use the ability of the second Summoner Monk to Summon a Rescue Cat.

By this point you have 3 Monsters on your field (Summoner Monk x2 and Rescue Cat)

Next Tribute Rescue Cat for 2 Airbellums. Synchro the 2 Airbellums with the 2 Summoner Monks to summon a pair of Dark Strike Fighters. Attack with both the Fighters and Tribute them both with their effects for game.

Rescue Cat contributes more to the game than a Level 3 Beast-Type Tuner so it stays. Summoner Monk is not broken outside of this combo so it can stay. Dark Strike Fighter isn't really problematic outside of this combo so it can stay. Outside of this combo, no cards included in this combo are banworthy. Therefore the one that contributes the least is the one that should be banned.

Rescue Cat contributes more to the game than a Level 3 Beast-Type Tuner so it stays. Summoner Monk is not broken outside of this combo so it can stay. Dark Strike Fighter isn't really problematic outside of this combo so it can stay. Outside of this combo' date=' no cards included in this combo are banworthy. Therefore the one that contributes the least is the one that should be banned.

[/quote']

Here's another question. Just hypothetical.

If Konami released about 3-5 Level 3 Beast Tuners, would Rescue Cat be the bannable one or the 3-5 Tuners?

Rescue Cat contributes more to the game than a Level 3 Beast-Type Tuner so it stays. Summoner Monk is not broken outside of this combo so it can stay. Dark Strike Fighter isn't really problematic outside of this combo so it can stay. Outside of this combo' date=' no cards included in this combo are banworthy. Therefore the one that contributes the least is the one that should be banned.

[/quote']

Here's another question. Just hypothetical.

If Konami released about 3-5 Level 3 Beast Tuners, would Rescue Cat be the bannable one or the 3-5 Tuners?

That depends on the usefulness of those Tuners in the absence of Rescue Cat.

But in any event, cutting off Kitty is insufficient to balance DSF.

Archived