The Spriters' Club™ (Accepting ALL Kinds Of Splices, Fakemon, Ect.!)

bobo144

I found it and put it in my sig

upklhkjgkj.png

i made it for the last splice club with a few people's help.

The first thing that's wrong with it, is that there is several areas where you ignored when recoloring. The left hand is a good example. I don't know how your recoloring, but the easiest way is as follows:

Right click the color your recoloring as (In this case, the Green from T-tar).

Left click the color you want recolered (The brown )

Select the Eraser tool

Go over your sprite with the eraser tool and hold the Right button on the mouse.

If you recolor this way, there shouldn't be any pixels colored incorrectly.

If your already doing this, your doing it wrong.

The next thing I found wrong was the diamond in the center of the pokemon. It looks rather plain there. If you pay attention to T-tar, you'll notice that his 'armor' is placed on top of the diamond, you've placed it as if it is coming out of the body, which looks bad. Also, in that area, it shouldn't be brighter. Erase all the borders of the plate that used to be there, then re-shade accordingly to what you've placed there.

Next is the head, let's start with the ears. The borders are Dark Green when they should be one shade of Blue. The Brown plate looks bad anyway you splice it. The shading is also odd. When shading there should never be 2 pixels going sideways connecting with 2 pixels going up and down. The 'horn' isn't working. It's at a bad angle and just looks bad. The tail looks bad because of the shading, but I don't feel like going into detail about that. The flame makes no sense, I'd like the splice better if it wasn't there.

Aside from that, I'd like to see more Tyranitar in the splice, by that I mean more specific detail.

If your looking for a rate, a fair grade to give it is a 49%, which is perfect for beginners.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i told you' date=' i don't have a CD on me at the moment or i would.

[/quote']

whatever then.

By chance, when will you get one?

Until then, here's a huge WIP, Scizor+Electivire.

Since your so professional, tell me how to make it perfect.

(First Draft, +00:33)

2eajerc.png

i might get one in a couple of days, until then-

i never make a splice perfect, never, i just get as close as i can. if there are flaws, i leave them be, simply becuase they were there to begin with, and they'll stay there forever, no matter how i tinker.

as for this splice, i shadin on the black should have been lighter, there are area's, like on the left hand claw, that i can't tell where the top of the claw ends and the bottom begins. the electric things on its knees should have been placed better to match, the absoment has a bit of problems too, the shading i mean.

as for the head, the majority of it's fine, but it looks as if the face just connects directly to the top of hte body, there needs to be a distinction between that.

all in all, i give it a 7/10 for a quick job.

this is no where near your best, show me your best and i'll tell you if i've met my equal or not.

1st off, thanks for that.

There were a few things from that post that were useful.

As for the black shading, I copied it from Electivire exactly. I see what you mean by the claw, but frankly Scizor itself has that same problem.

In the future when fixing a sprite, have both of the sprites included up. Scizors head doesn't have a distinct neck either.

Please be more specific. 'electric things' I'm not quite sure what you mean.

2nd

this is no where near your best' date=' show me your best and i'll tell you if i've met my equal or not.

[/quote']

Your idea is stupid. I'm gonna post a sprite, your gonna say 'It's good, but I could do better' which proves nothing.

As for my best sprite, I don't really have one. I took a long break from splicing to work on Fakemon spriting, and when I came back I looked at my old splices and threw up.

Either way, there's a few sprites that stood out

23s84gk.png

Wasn't really a splice, but it was the most famous in my thread and one of the reasons my thread was stickied.

xeiwt1.png

Was my personal favorite, and the one I worked longest on.

now see, this is the flaw you had in your last post, i'm not going to say that i could do better for two reasons, and i'll explain why here.

first, i would never have thought to make that spider pig thing, i jsut would not have thought of it, second, i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that rock pattern, i jsut can't figure out how to do it. i just can't. it's originals liek these, that no one woudl have thought of or figure out how to do, that are peoples best splices. these are two of your best splices because no one would have thought of spider pig and i've onlys een one other person who had figured out that rock pattern.

for the combined post of these two splices, i give a 10/10. if you post more like these, then i will easily be able to say that i've met my equal.

Archived