Transfer your uploaded card images

YCMaker

All card images uploaded prior to June 11th will soon be deleted. Click here to transfer your uploaded images to the new image server. If it says you have no images that need to be transferred, I've either already done it for you or you never uploaded a card image prior to June 11th, 2009. Also, make sure you're logged in before you click that link.

Try to spread the word about this - I don't want anyone to lose their card images so I'll wait a few weeks before initiating the cleaning process. It should be pretty straight forward, but post here if you have any problems.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done and Done. But' date=' may I ask why the images need to be moved? Bigger server or something?

[/quote']

I'm putting these uploaded images on another server so that this one doesn't run out of space.

This is only if you've uploaded images directly through the Card Maker, right? Not if you use Direct Links from Photobucket for your Images?

Question' date=' I transfered everything but now when I open any of my cards, all the images that were on the cards are blank. Help? Please??

[/quote']

Same with me. Like WTF!!??

When the images are "transferred", that means they were moved. In other words, the images are in a different location, and will not appear on the cards which they were before.

Question' date=' I transfered everything but now when I open any of my cards, all the images that were on the cards are blank. Help? Please??

[/quote']

When the images are "transferred", that means they were moved. In other words, the images are in a different location, and will not appear on the cards which they were before.

That is retarded. If you don't transfer them, the get lost. If you do, they still get lost but yet they are "somewhere"....

[/quote']

*Sigh* that's what I thought. I had this issue before and now I have it again. I need to re-upload all my images. But this time, I'm going to use a direct link from photobucket, so this issue won't happen again right?

I apologize to those of you who have lost images - unfortunately, there's no way to retrieve them as the original local copy would have been deleted. I'm not sure why the transfer is failing for some people though, as no one reported any troubles in the original testing thread here.

starfire3 and i go to school together so he helped me make this account. He just told me to do this because all my cards are upload images. It said:

"Transferrring 11 images

Finshed! 11 transfers failed."

But my pic is still there, and it still says uplaoed image, why?

It's a problem beyond YCMaker's control anymore so there's nothing left to so besides re-upload all the images.

If I upload my card images onto photobucket and then use a direct link and copy and paste the direct link onto the card maker, will I have any other issues?

It's a problem beyond YCMaker's control anymore so there's nothing left to so besides re-upload all the images.

If I upload my card images onto photobucket and then use a direct link and copy and paste the direct link onto the card maker' date=' will I have any other issues?

[/quote']

You won't have any issues doing that, but you shouldn't have any issues with the upload function now that we're using the new remote image server. The problem you had only affected the images you uploaded prior to this change, which was actually made a few weeks ago.

Update: I believe I've fixed the transferring problem. Hopefully it was isolated enough that it didn't affect too many users. Please post here if you did experience problems, and let me know how many images were lost.

Archived