Something I've been mulling over...(FPS lovers click here NAO)

TAG

Here's a little something for FPS lovers to discuss.

[spoiler=Step 1]Ok. Now, in terms of GAMEPLAY ONLY, try to imagine the perfect FPS game ever (try not to think of a game you already have). Include any gameplay mechanics (whether they be unique or generic) you want and try to imagine them implemented so well that the gameplay is considered the best of all time by nearly everyone. The gameplay is so good that it is never topped ever.

[spoiler=Step 2]Got it? Ok. NOW, try to imagine that perfect gameplay combined with an extremely kiddy and babyish environment. Flowers and bunnies and cutesy stuff. Everything is all kiddish. (ex. A weapon that would function exactly like the Lancer from GoW would instead be a tickle gun, with the blades of a chainsaw being replaced with feathers for tickling. Because no cutesy/kiddy weapon arsenal would be complete without a tickle gun. :D Sticky grenades would be "explosive" caramel'd apples. Swords would be candy canes or carrots or something like that. etc. etc.) Cutesy people/creatures/whatever, cutesy music, cutesy sound effects. Remember, the gameplay you imagined in Step 1 is implemented here exactly as you imagined it.

EDIT: When I say kiddy environment, I mean NOTHING adult. No blood. No gore. Stuff like that.

[spoiler=Step 3]Now imagine everything in Step 2 with the best graphics and sound quality ever implemented in a video game.

[spoiler=Step 4]Now answer this question: Would you buy and play the game consistenly? Why or why not?

Well' date=' if I imagined [i']any[/i] gameplay mechanics, I'd trash the kiddy weapons and destroy the cuteness with my fists and somehow make blood/gore end up in the game.

If it were like that, I'd play it for sure.

But it's not like that. No blood. No gore.

• Well, a TF2 / HL2 game where everything was replaced with happy sparly glowy kiddy stuff
    wouldn't be just weird, it'd be like living out an LSD trip.
  • Blood = rainbows, Head crab zombies = big huggy monsters with little happy faces
    that can fall off and kiss you, a bunch of cute chibi combine cops that hits you with
    peppermint canes and shoot you with gumball guns?
  • (/.-

It depends to be honest. I have a terrible imagination so I'm having a hard time picturing this. So I would definitely try the game if it had the gameplay I imagined, but I would have to experience it first hand to actually be able to decide if I would buy it or play it consistently.

"Assume something that's kiddy, but at the same time, really good"

I'm also having a hard time thinking of this story. If a story's "kiddie" I really can't see myself seeing it as really good. It also depends on the characters, dialogue, etc.

It depends to be honest. I have a terrible imagination so I'm having a hard time picturing this. So I would definitely try the game if it had the gameplay I imagined' date=' but I would have to experience it first hand to actually be able to decide if I would buy it or play it consistently.

[b']"Assume something that's kiddy, but at the same time, really good"

I'm also having a hard time thinking of this story. If a story's "kiddie" I really can't see myself seeing it as really good. It also depends on the characters, dialogue, etc.[/b]

Well, I know what you mean. I didn't exactly have that in mind when I was thinking this over.

Stop bumping this. The thread wasn't that far down in the first place.

On Topic: I don't care.

He's allowed, as it's been 24 hours since his last post.

Oh, and "I don't care" isn't relevant to the topic. If you're going to post then at least post something worthy. In other words: lrntheruleskthxbai.

Yes, I'm pissed that you're locking my threads that aren't even against your Rules and you said that "mindless speculation is mindless" yet you come into this thread with nothing but "I don't care". And that isn't a mindless post?

---

STEP 1: Right, got something in my mind...

STEP 2: Well, it just lowered it for me... I'd still play it because of the brilliant gameplay though. I'm just thinking the online would piss me off because the topic would lower the age group for it.

STEP 3: Full 1080p, brilliant textures and colours... even still, STEP 2 is killing it even with this.

STEP 4: Yeah, I'd buy it. I'd play it for about a week, perhaps 2... then I'd get tired of it. Campaign would annoy me because of the topic and the online would be full of little kids and stuff... eh, I think that to use a game engine would AMAZING Gameplay/Graphics/Audio and then select such a terrible topic kills it. I'd probably hope that someone else picks up the rights to the game engine and creates a new Unreal Tournament or CoD game. xD

He's allowed' date=' as it's been 24 hours since his last post.

Oh, and "I don't care" isn't relevant to the topic. If you're going to post then at least post something worthy. In other words: lrntheruleskthxbai.

Yes, I'm pissed that you're locking my threads that aren't even against your Rules and you said that "mindless speculation is mindless" yet you come into this thread with nothing but "I don't care". And that isn't a mindless post?

[/quote']

Yes, I know the bumping rule, but their is a time when it becomes over bumping. If people don't want to post, stop bumping it and let it die because their comes a point when it becomes spam and all your doing is tring to increase your post count. Not only that this section isn't that fast and every time TAG bumped this it was around the mid part of the first page.

I don't care is relevant because TAG wants to know if I would play the perfect game if the only thing that wasn't perfect is that it is kiddy, and myu answer is I don't care,or I wouldn't care.

Also I'm not locking this because their is an intelligent discussion that is possible.

STEP 1: Right' date=' got something in my mind...

STEP 2: Well, it just lowered it for me... I'd still play it because of the brilliant gameplay though. [b']I'm just thinking the online would piss me off because the topic would lower the age group for it.[/b]

STEP 3: Full 1080p, brilliant textures and colours... even still, STEP 2 is killing it even with this.

STEP 4: Yeah, I'd buy it. I'd play it for about a week, perhaps 2... then I'd get tired of it. Campaign would annoy me because of the topic and the online would be full of little kids and stuff... eh, I think that to use a game engine would AMAZING Gameplay/Graphics/Audio and then select such a terrible topic kills it. I'd probably hope that someone else picks up the rights to the game engine and creates a new Unreal Tournament or CoD game. xD

But think about it. 5 year olds wouldn't exactly be focused toward that. They'd still pay more attention to Mario or Sonic. In addition, the lower-age groups probably wouldn't pay attention to online. In fact, the game might be too complex for them (depending on your dream FPS gameplay), so eventually, they'd stop. If that didn't stop them, then ppl who were skilled at the game constantly beating them online (assuming they actually did) would.

He's allowed' date=' as it's been 24 hours since his last post.

[/quote']

Yes, I know the bumping rule, but their is a time when it becomes over bumping. If people don't want to post, stop bumping it and let it die because their comes a point when it becomes spam and all your doing is tring to increase your post count. Not only that this section isn't that fast and every time TAG bumped this it was around the mid part of the first page.

I don't care is relevant because TAG wants to know if I would play the perfect game if the only thing that wasn't perfect is that it is kiddy, and myu answer is I don't care,or I wouldn't care.

Also I'm not locking this because their is an intelligent discussion that is possible.

Isn't that when you bump despite the fact that it's clearly obvious that people have stopped posting (as in, there's practically an entire page dedicated to the word "bump)?

Unfortunately no one in this thread' date=' including you is contributing to it.

think that to use a game engine would AMAZING Gameplay/Graphics/Audio and then select such a terrible topic kills it. I'd probably hope that someone else picks up the rights to the game engine and creates a new Unreal Tournament or CoD game. xD

Yeah companies would be jumping all of this perfect, yet wasted game engine. and if the game was on PC I'm sure we would be seeing blood and gore mods within a week. :/

Archived