Official Poetry Thread

Huntar!

Until we get a Literature forum, all poetry should be posted here, but be sure that if it isn't written by you, you credit the original poet.

If a poet asks not to have their poem critiqued, then dont do so.

Please keep negative comments to a minimum, and trolling, flaming and spamming will be dealt with accordingly.

This thread will be stuck for 48 hours so it can be seen.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time on YCM

when poetry cluttered the General section.

It grew out of proportion till

we had amassed an impressive collection!

Some members acted conceited and proud

and demanded total and utter perfection.

Others were jerks and hated the poems

and complained and decried and they made an objection.

"What shall we do with all of this trash?

Let's delete all the poems by careful selection!"

But no! On the scene arrived great Prince Hunter

and put the whole argument under inspection.

"Let's make a thread that's devoted to poems!

It's a fabulous thought upon further reflection."

And that's how Prince Hunter solved the whole problem!

I hope he doesn't get a urinary tract infection.

- Dedicated to Prince Hunter

Rate, hate, debate, berate, desecrate, constipate, infant mortality rate

But there wouldn't it be ok for poems to flood there' date=' seeing as how its a section devoted to writings and such?

[/quote']

Well yeah, but then if it's also to discuss books, such as the Harry Potter or Narnia series, or anything else- you'd then lose those threads along with your original writings to the mass amount of Poems posted there. :/

P.S. Come on MSN? =P

But there wouldn't it be ok for poems to flood there' date=' seeing as how its a section devoted to writings and such?

[/quote']

Well yeah, but then if it's also to discuss books, such as the Harry Potter or Narnia series, or anything else- you'd then lose those threads along with your original writings to the mass amount of Poems posted there. :/

P.S. Come on MSN? =P

Perhaps a poetry subsection would solve that so that it wouldn't push all of the books and such to the second page.

And I'm glad you appreciated my poem Prince Hunter. ^_^

One

We are one

you and I

always together

for all fo forever

We are one

though we are hated

by the ones who should understand

and their hatred huge as land

We are on

you and I

the whole world ahead

our love thick as lead

We are one

free and young

as any couple could be

our future is all to see

We are one

you and I

one day married happily away

with all the hatred out of our way.

If a poet asks not to have their poem critiqued' date=' then dont do so.[/i']

I don't understand this. Unless a poem is written for the lulz or in a trollish manner, it is supposed to be critiqued. Can you ask not to have a card rated in Custom Cards?

Stole my argument, Dark. lol.

But seriously, this.

I don't understand this. Unless a poem is written for the lulz or in a trollish manner, it is supposed to be critiqued. Can you ask not to have a card rated in Custom Cards?

But seriously, this.

if da user asks not for their work to be criticized you are supposed to respect their wishes...

if you criticize and it states not to.. u can get baned/warned for flaming... i think..

so respect other pples wishes...and be nice..

But seriously, this.

if da user asks not for their work to be criticized you are supposed to respect their wishes...

if you criticize and it states not to.. u can get baned/warned for flaming... i think..

Criticism is not flaming -_____-

and dA is a joke. You have to be happy-happy "I love your work" all the time, or the mods will banhammer you.

I think its stupid to request no critique. It says (to me) that you don't want to improve. You're happy stuck at whatever mediocre level you're at. And if that's the case, stop sharing your mediocre work with me, because I'm not interested.

But seriously, this.

and dA is a joke. You have to be happy-happy "I love your work" all the time, or the mods will banhammer you.

I think its stupid to request no critique. It says (to me) that you don't want to improve. You're happy stuck at whatever mediocre level you're at. And if that's the case, stop sharing your mediocre work with me, because I'm not interested.

maybe some pple can give an honest review with out criticising... but i'm not gonna argue with you... I have not time...

But seriously, this.

Agreed with Dark and OMG. And OMGAKITTY by "da" she ment da as in "the" not DeviantART. Trying to sound "gansta" but coming off as moronic.

And kitty princess, grow up and learn take criticism, it will help you not suck. Were not all 8

But seriously, this.

Agreed with Dark and OMG. And OMGAKITTY by "da" she ment da as in "the" not DeviantART. Trying to sound "gansta" but coming off as moronic.

And kitty princess, grow up and learn take criticism, it will help you not suck. Were not all 8

Oh hush up I don't have to grow up =P I grow up it gets boring.. I act childish I look cute =D

So Shut it wouldya and Princey is right it's their choice if they wish for their work to not be criticized..