Official Poetry Thread

Huntar!

The day started fine, not a cloud in the sky

I logged onto my forum, I was eating apple pie

Saw some cool threads, I clicked on it once

Ohmigoshnoway! A new music video by The Purple Dunce!

I clicked the link with great amount glee,

But my joy turned to horror, and it was too late to flee!

The familiar chords struck my ears

I think I might have shed a tear

There on my screen, was that familiar guy

I merely groaned and asked to myself,

"Why, Rick Astley, why?"

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prince Hunter, in our defense, we are not writing stupid crap senselessly to increase our post count. I think we are opposite enough from Ragnarok to not give a damn about post counts.

We are writing poems for the lulz, sure, but they all have underlying meanings like your poems do.

There is no limit, which poems are stupid and which aren't.

So, no matter what we write; as long as there is a lyrical meaning or sense behind it, its not wrong. And just because we write about funny stuffz and not about unnecessary sad death-poem stuff, doesnt mean that we're spamming poemfailorz.

Look, I dont want to limit you guys with your poetry. But as long as you write stuff thats not just for the lulz, you shouldn't have a problem. Think of this as an Official "Non-lulz-filled" Poetry Thread. I made this thread to cut down on the stupid poetry written for the lulz, and I'm keeping it to its purpose.

OMGAKITTY, sure, my stuff is depressing. Yeah. So is Poe's. But it has meaning that isn't for the hell of it.

Our poems are stupid and lulzy' date=' but they actually have a meaning and are vague enough to be interpreted. Isn't that what poetry is?

[/quote']

Poetry - is a form of literary art in which language is used for its aesthetic and evocative qualities in addition to, or in lieu of, its apparent meaning. Poetry may be written independently, as discrete poems, or may occur in conjunction with other arts, as in poetic drama, hymns or lyrics.

Poetry, and discussions of it, have a long history. Early attempts to define poetry, such as Aristotle's Poetics, focused on the uses of speech in rhetoric, drama, song and comedy.

It can be for the lulz but the stupid junk you guys are posting is not considered poetry, it's stupid behond belief. If your gonna do a one for the lulz try to make it sound funny... the stuff you guys are posting is not funny but a lolfail!!!!!!!

Our poems are stupid and lulzy' date=' but they actually have a meaning and are vague enough to be interpreted. Isn't that what poetry is?

[/quote']

Poetry - is a form of literary art in which language is used for its aesthetic and evocative qualities in addition to, or in lieu of, its apparent meaning. Poetry may be written independently, as discrete poems, or may occur in conjunction with other arts, as in poetic drama, hymns or lyrics.

Poetry, and discussions of it, have a long history. Early attempts to define poetry, such as Aristotle's Poetics, focused on the uses of speech in rhetoric, drama, song and comedy.

It can be for the lulz but the stupid junk you guys are posting is not considered poetry, it's stupid behond belief. If your gonna do a one for the lulz try to make it sound funny... the stuff you guys are posting is not funny but a lolfail!!!!!!!

You obviously know nothing. I said our poems are written for the LULZ, not to receive LOL's.

And check the bolded again. Every single poem either I or OMGAKITTY wrote (albeit the discussion poems) fits that description.

[/quote']

You obviously know nothing. I said our poems are written for the LULZ, not to receive LOL's.

And check the bolded again. Every single poem either I or OMGAKITTY wrote (albeit the discussion poems) fits that description.

yeah but it's still stupid.... I'd say your just doing it for post counts but hey i don't kno....

so you right poems for the lolz...

like this one

"lol lol lol lol lol

I went to the bathroom now.

lol lol lol lol lol"

S-t-u-p-i-d

[/quote']

yeah but it's still stupid.... I'd say your just doing it for post counts but hey i don't kno....

so you right poems for the lolz...

like this one

"lol lol lol lol lol

I went to the bathroom now.

lol lol lol lol lol"

S-t-u-p-i-d

Are you that stupid you cannot understand why I posted that poem?

That was an example of what DoP and WiiOmi were posting. OMGAKITTY and my poems are not even near the level of stupidity is that. Seriously, get a brain or stop questioning me. One or the other.

And if we were doing this for post count, both of us would be way into the 10,000's.