Five-Headed Dragon

Im confused about its effect.

It says:

This card does not take any Battle Damage and cannot be destroyed by battle with an EARTH, WATER, FIRE, WIND, or DARK monster.

and:

(Battle Damage is still inflicted to players.)

Isent this a contradiction?

Can someone please explain it to me (with an example maby)?

Thnx Alot!!!

"Five-Headed Dragon" protects itself from being destroyed in battle against monsters with the specified Attributes' date=' but it does nothing to protect the Life Points of the player controlling it or their opponent. Battle Damage is still inflicted to players[/quote']

It's probably an old OCG thing. Essentially, it cannot be destroyed by battle, end of story, but it does not stop battle dmg like Blackwing Armor Master's effect does.

It's a pretty useless effect since realistically nothing is going to get over 5000 attack, the opp will just use some destruction effect to get rid of it. The only situation I can think of where something might actually have higher attack in this metagame is a pumped Bora.

It's a pretty useless effect since realistically nothing is going to get over 5000 attack' date=' the opp will just use some destruction effect to get rid of it. The only situation I can think of where something might actually have higher attack in this metagame is a pumped Bora.

[/quote']

And not a pumped Sirocco? >_>

It's a pretty useless effect since realistically nothing is going to get over 5000 attack' date=' the opp will just use some destruction effect to get rid of it. The only situation I can think of where something might actually have higher attack in this metagame is a pumped Bora.

[/quote']

Shining flare wingman + 9 e-heros in grave >.>

[/quote']

Shining flare wingman + 9 e-heros in grave >.>

in this metagame

>_>

Im confused about its effect.

It says:

This card does not take any Battle Damage and cannot be destroyed by battle with an EARTH' date=' WATER, FIRE, WIND, or DARK monster.

and:

(Battle Damage is still inflicted to players.)

Isent this a contradiction?

Can someone please explain it to me (with an example maby)?

Thnx Alot!!!

[/quote']

No, it's not a contradiction.

Although it can't be destroyed by anything other than LIGHT, players will still receive damage.

Not like Fortress Warrior/Blackwing Armor Master, which cannot be destroyed AND reduce damage to 0.

Its just Konami being a dick >_>

FortressWarriorDP08-EN-SR-1E.jpg

LOL at it saying "You take no battle damage from battles involving this card" and later "(Damage calculation is applied normally.)" Obviously it isn't with Fortress Warrior.

On topic: with FGD, you'll still take the damage, but unless the monster it battles is LIGHT, it won't be destroyed in the battle.

Most people would destroy it with an effect or an Honested LIGHT monster anyway.

Archived