Discussion: Mind Control

Guest PikaPerson01

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_Control

Take control of 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field until the End Phase. This monster cannot declare an attack or be Tributed.

1) Lulz, tributed isn't a real word Konami. ^_^

2) If I ever use a deck with tuners, I don't know why, but I can't help but really want to main this card. Instant opponent's monster field clearing, using their effect, and access to higher level Synchros. =D

Oh yeah. And like... Discuss or whatever. IDK.

When this was at 3' date=' I always wanted to try making a Deck based around The Light/Dark Ruler(s). Can't be Tributed, but I can still Send them for the cost! =D

[/quote']

I had actually tried that on Wc08 once. Mine also used Instant Fusion though.

.....It was a weird build, but also pretty funny ;)

Somebody once used that on my only monster just so they could get a direct attack with all their monsters. And they were running Blackwings.

As I found out that day, it's an amazing card, since now it works like Brain Control (occasionally it's better). It definitely is limitworthy, but not too sure about banworthy.

Off topic: For some reason, they decided to replace "offer as a Tribute" with just "Tribute". Why can't they do that with Piercing Damage?

Somebody once used that on my only monster just so they could get a direct attack with all their monsters. And they were running Blackwings.

As I found out that day' date=' it's an amazing card, since now it works like Brain Control (occasionally it's better). It definitely is limitworthy, but not too sure about banworthy.

Off topic: For some reason, they decided to replace "offer as a Tribute" with just "Tribute". Why can't they do that with Piercing Damage?

[/quote']

Well they tried it once, but I guess it looks better by writing the whole effect

Guest PikaPerson01

Lulz' date=' tributed isn't a real word Konami. ^_^

[/quote']

You shouldn't rely too much on your Firefox built-in dictionary, you know.

Pro-tip: The word "tribute" is a noun, not a verb.

Why can't they do that with Piercing Damage?

Because there is always going to be that 1-in-a-million Yugioh newbie who is like: "WTF IS PEERCING!!111?!?!!?!"

Every noob goes "WTF is WHEN THIS ATTACK POSITION CARD BATTLES WITH A DEFENSE POSITION MONSTER WHOSE DEF IS LOWER THAN THE ATK OF THIS CARD INFLICT THE DIFFERENCE AS BATTLE DAMAGE TO THE OPPONENT?!!?"

and everyone says "It's Piercing"

and then they go "cool"

and it would be alot easier if they changed it to "This card inflicts piercing damage" or "This card inflicts battle damage when battling defense position monsters."

Just because you can use a combination of letters in a sentence doesn't make it an actual word. I'm pretty sure you can informally use any noun you'd like to use as a verb as a verb' date=' not 100% sure about the official shite there though.

[/quote']

You just wronged what you verved... You are right. It doesn't work.

I still don't consider this card limitworthy.

Just because you can use a combination of letters in a sentence doesn't make it an actual word. I'm pretty sure you can informally use any noun you'd like to use as a verb as a verb' date=' not 100% sure about the official shite there though.

[/quote']

You just wronged what you verved... You are right. It doesn't work.

Consideration of the context in which you would do this would be assumed. I never said fashioning a noun into a verb didn't work, just that it's usually done informally. I suppose it'd likely be considered officially grammatically incorrect, but I'm not sure. ^_^

Guest PikaPerson01

[/quote']

Pika What is the verb in this Sentence

I tributed my humble sheep to the gods.

You're using a noun as a verb. It makes no more grammatical sense then the sentence: "I pianoed my humble sheep to the gods."

Pro-tip: The word "tribute" is a noun' date=' not a verb. [/quote']

Hmm, maybe you should Google it.

Hardy har har. I appreciate that the internet contributes to the death and decay of the English language and whatnot, but using words vastly incorrectly isn't really the kind of behaviour I'd prefer that produces such a text based game, especially one where subtle placements of words can completely change an effect.

[/quote']

Alright then, millions of people all around the world are learning incorrect English. Another thing to blame Konami for.

Archived