Official Religion Thread

Flame Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw a commercial asking does God exist? It cut to a professor who said that he could prove it with mathematics. Yeah, it sounds kinda wacky, because I've always thought God was just one of many beliefs, but I won't out the wacko professor just yet.

inb4achallengerapproaches

inb4Dark

inb4officialreligionthread

inb4haters

;)

inb4Dark

inb4haters

You forgot to inb4TCcan'tinb4.

Anyways, that sounds interesting. Do you recall anything of what he said or did he just say he could prove it and they cut away.

You forgot inb4horus D:

HORUS = Haters. ;)

inb4Dark

inb4haters

You forgot to inb4TCcan'tinb4.

Anyways' date=' that sounds interesting. Do you recall anything of what he said or did he just say he could prove it and they cut away.

[/quote']

They only said he could prove it, and the commercial was cut.

They only said he could prove it' date=' and the commercial was cut.

[/quote']

Figures. They want to build hype/excitement. Can't wait to see what kinds of controversy and outrage this causes.

That's what I said. The report should broadcast live in about 2 hours, so I'll be back with the information then.

Id lol if it was "you see' date=' 3 + 5 is 8, therefore God exists"

[/quote']

Illogical. No professor is that arrogant.

But I'm sure there's one crazy enough to do it. But in all seriousness, he'll probably have pages of equations so complex that no one will be able to tell if he's telling the truth or just making stuff up.

Careful, the "inb4Police" don't take kindly to breaking that rule.

But the whole point of the thread isn't whether or not religion is true, it's to see what odd/ridiculous/relevant points this professor will use to 'prove' God exists. I personally couldn't care what this person has to say as whatever he does say won't change what I believe, maybe support but not change.

God has no proof.

And even if God did have proof' date=' I doubt it'd be in the form of mathematics. The (wo)man can't even fix his/her own book to make sure it isn't misinterpreted. :/

[/quote']

You know who the professor is? I hadn't even heard his name. Dx

inb4Dark

Yep' date=' you really did cover all the bases. Damn you.

[/quote']

Love you too.

God has no proof.

And even if God did have proof' date=' I doubt it'd be in the form of mathematics. The (wo)man can't even fix his/her own book to make sure it isn't misinterpreted. :/

[/quote']

You know who the professor is? I hadn't even heard his name. Dx

Actually he was referring to God at the end there. As in God can't stop the Bible from being misinterpreted. And if I go any farther than that I'll start arguing with Dark and I don't want to do that.

Actually he was referring to God at the end there.

Smart boy. Have a cookie piece of cake.

As in God can't stop the Bible from being misinterpreted.

He is an omniscient being. And apparently, he himself wrote the Bible. So like... did he lose his omniscientcy (word?) for the few hours while writing the book?

Thanks for the cake, not that I can eat it over the FREAKING INTERNET

He is an omniscient being. And apparently' date=' [b']he[/b] himself wrote the Bible. So like... did he lose his omniscientcy (word?) for the few hours while writing the book?

Again, if I go into that I'd get into an argument with you and I don't feel like doing that. If you really want to argue about that though tell me and I will.

EDIT: The word you were looking for is "omniscience".

Archived