Official Religion Thread

Flame Dragon

I'll leave it at this. I can feel' date=' hear and see me breathing. So I'll trust that one. Aside from the fact that religion is totally man-made and to assume your culture is right is to say other cultures is wrong. Or the fact that the only proof of God is WELL LIKE I HAD A MIRACLE AND THEN THERE ISN'T ANY PROOF THAT HE DOESN'T NOT NOT EXIST! It's more convenient to assume that, seeing as there is a lack of any substance, he doesn't exist and that he was made up.

That's all I'm saying. :)

[/quote']

No. That's what you believe. It's not true, and it's not false.

Kindly rephrase what you are saying to be more sensitive.

What is it that you want from me? *holds hands up*

I'm just stating my viewpoint in this entire debate.

There is no need for sarcasm in an intelligent conversation.

That wasn't a viewpoint. It was a statement of general knowledge.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be no argument for or against religion. It's a good thing to have.

Then why is it good to have?

Why do you believe one is better than the other?

Please structure yourself into a debateable question or statement. Rather than a statement of personal belief.

Okay.

Why is it good to have?

The bottom line of any religion is to do good things. I've stated that a few times already' date=' I believe.

[b']Why do you believe one is better than the other?[/b]

When have I said that?

Choose a damned side, and make it a debateable subject.

Otherwise don't post, you're wasting my time and everyone elses.

I'll leave it at this. I can feel' date=' hear and see me breathing. So I'll trust that one. Aside from the fact that religion is totally man-made and to assume your culture is right is to say other cultures is wrong. Or the fact that the only proof of God is WELL LIKE I HAD A MIRACLE AND THEN THERE ISN'T ANY PROOF THAT HE DOESN'T NOT NOT EXIST! It's more convenient to assume that, seeing as there is a lack of any substance, he doesn't exist and that he was made up.

That's all I'm saying. :)

[/quote']

No. That's what you believe. It's not true, and it's not false.

Of course it's what I believe. I tend to believe more realistic things.

Why sensitivity?

My side is that both sides are pointless.

By now it should be clear. Is it something about my grammar/ logic that is making this unclear?

I don't think my grammar is that bad, but it took a Super Mod, someone who is supposed to understand people with way worse grammar/logic over 5 relays of conversation to figure out.

Religion isn't that great of a thing. Morals are supposed to be inherited naturally. Religion shouldn't be the only source of moral fiber.

Besides, it has caused plenty of problems in the past, present, and predictably the future.

Religion isn't that great of a thing. Morals are supposed to be inherited naturally. Religion shouldn't be the only source of moral fiber.

Besides' date=' it has caused plenty of problems in the past, present, and predictably the future.

[/quote']

For once I'm gonna agree with Willieh here. With a few differences.

Why shouldn't a person have a crutch such as the bible? It helps keep them morally intact, knowing their mind is so susceptible to other influences.

@Arctic: Because YCM doesn't know how to debate. Neither do you apparently.

@ Icyblue: I'm a 12 year old kid' date=' I don't even expect myself to. You're also agreeing with me.

Why are morals supposed to be inherited naturally again?

[/quote']

I didn't even bother your age. You chose to post in a debate, expect me to bite down on your carcass.

Morals are to be inherited naturally because YOU figured them out. Not some being you believe to exist.

@ Icyblue: I'm a 12 year old kid' date=' I don't even expect myself to. You're also agreeing with me.

Why are morals supposed to be inherited naturally again?

[/quote']

I didn't even bother your age. You chose to post in a debate, expect me to bite down on your carcass.

Fair enough.

Morals are to be inherited naturally because YOU figured them out. Not some being you believe to exist.

I agree with you.

Religion, to me, seems like an institution (like schools, hospitals, etc.) that guides you to choose what your values are. There is nothing wrong with that, it just adds another opinion, besides, it's what people have done for over thousands of years. This institution has thrived, plummeted, etc, for thousands of years...

Archived