Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

Explained here: The new rules of RP, effective 12/2/09.

I, personally, am against it: I feel that we should RP the way we want, not force this down our throats AGAIN_ So i'm starting a petition: There will be a poll. If you want our current, rules, vote and explain. If you favor the new change, vote and explain.

With enough votes, we can convince the RP mods to leave the rules, and if they don't listen, hopefully a super will be interested.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, looks like the RP n00bs decided to revolt. >_>

-pumps shotgun-

Already talked to Flandre on this, gave him my opinion and why it's a good thing.

I'm too lazy right now to go into an entire rant when I already explained it to someone else, so I'll just leave you with something to think about.

"A baby bird will not learn how to fly if the mother does not push it."

Guest Tainted Black

An besides, pushing a bird off a cliff before it is ready to fly will make it die. Birds wait a LONG while before pushing chicks out of the nesty. Most new RPers do not know HOW to RP in Advanced, just like baby birds don't have feathers. Also, it would interest you to know a certain Supermod thinks the tag system was better.

We aren't n00bs. ON the contrary' date=' we run the site's RPing club. Which is Stickied.

[/quote']

Just because you run the site's only RolePlay club doesn't make you good at RPing.

Are you that immature that you resort to name calling? MUST I add rules? Srsly.

Vote and explain' date=' that's all there is to it. Anything off topic from this point forward counts as spam and will be reported.

[/quote']

I'm sorry, I've just had it with this Clause hate. If it makes you feel any better, I'll use the correct term.

Alright, to put it blunt, Umbra/Rinne/Shadius is simply raising the standards to the RP section.

Why is that? Well compared to every other RP board on the intranetz, our RP forum is sheet. No joke.

Our 'Advanced Clause' is their Basic clause. So we are, in fact, n00bs in their opinion. Which they are correct. (Dis-including me and a few other exceptional RPists, including Flandre)

If that's not enough, talking with correct grammar is something you learn in school. Oh, and a paragraph is four sentences. Is it that hard to type FOUR sentences? This is the stuff you learn in grade school.

I would go on, but I've lost my patience.

EDIT:

An besides' date=' pushing a bird off a cliff before it is ready to fly will make it die. Birds wait a LONG while before pushing chicks out of the nesty. Most new RPers do not know HOW to RP in Advanced, just like baby birds don't have feathers. Also, it would interest you to know a certain Supermod thinks the tag system was better.

[/quote']

Yeah, Umbra/Rinne/Shadius have waited for a long while. The Advanced Clause was their push, but apparently you guys were acting like spoiled brats. :/

As Umbra told me over MSN, "They're acting spoiled. I haven't been harsh to them in a long while."

The point of the Tag System was not to let you continually post 1 sentence posts, and not to force you the Clause either. It was so you gradually improve your RPing, and eventually use Advanced Tagged RPs.

Apparently, no one did that, and they all decided to continue what they were doing instead of improving. So they decided to give those who didn't improve a push.

I would advise you to at least try Advanced RPing for a week or so, and see if you can adapt. Don't knock it until you try it.

Guest Tainted Black

We HAVE tried Advanced RPing. We knocked it. I try to post in paragraphs, but Advanced is basically Communism where they want you to RP the EXACT way THEY want.

We HAVE tried Advanced RPing. We knocked it. I try to post in paragraphs' date=' but Advanced is basically Communism where they want you to RP the EXACT way THEY want.

[/quote']

No, it's a standard. If you can't type four sentences with proper grammar, then there's a problem.

Guest Tainted Black

Oh' date=' l didn't know RPING was a competition.

We aren't competing. I'm here to have fun, not win an award for 'best RP site.' Who cares?

[/quote']

Exactly!

We HAVE tried Advanced RPing. We knocked it. I try to post in paragraphs' date=' but Advanced is basically Communism where they want you to RP the EXACT way THEY want.

[/quote']

No, it's a standard. If you can't type four sentences with proper grammar, then there's a problem.

They want RPing THEIR way like the Realistic card Mods want it THEIR way!

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

RPing is the art of collaborative novelism. It's not a game, or an opportunity to spam. The objective is to write a story, not to have fun. If you can't accept that, "RP" elsewhere.

If you can't type four sentences with proper grammar' date=' then there's a problem.

[/quote']

[/quote']

You an idiot, communism has nothing to do with posting a small paragraph.

Simply posting a paragraph isn't that hard, my brother who is probably younger then all of you can write a decent paragraph in a few minutes. Even though his grammar isn't all that great, he can do it simply.

If you want to have fun then why not just start your own site and spam the crap out of that?

Oh' date=' l didn't know RPING was a competition.

We aren't competing. I'm here to have fun, not win an award for 'best RP site.' Who cares?

[/quote']

Exactly!

[/quote']

They want RPing THEIR way like the Realistic card Mods want it THEIR way!

You don't get it.

IT'S.

A.

STANDARD.

It's like having a choice between a rusty sword and a golden sword.

You're basically saying that the rusty sword is better. :/ (Is too lazy to think up of better analogy)

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

You an idiot, communism has nothing to do with posting a paragraph.

Simply posting a paragraph isn't that hard, my brother who is probably younger then all of you can write a decent paragraph in a few minutes. Even though his grammar isn't all that great, he can do it simply.

If you want to have fun then why not just start your own site and spam the crap out of that?

I mean Deja Cru's view of "Do it MY way or die."

No-one considers why the moderators are doing this before bothering to make a thread. See, Basic RPs are basically Spamming Whores, with them just being their to increase member's post count and technically be nothing but spam, full of OoC only posts and uncreative sentences that leads nowhere. However, Advanced Roleplays are much better. They are less likely to be spammed upon, having you to post at least 4 lines to make an official post, which leads to better character development. This makes the Roleplay in a whole, far better than a Basic Roleplay. Character Development is much better, the amount of description is much better, and overall Advanced Roleplays are less spammy.

And besides, you dont see writers doing 1 line paragraphs in books, do you? Do you think Harry Potter would be as successful if all it said in 1 paragraph was "Harry got on his broomstick and flew off and chased after the person."?

Archived