Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

Guest Tainted Black

Umbra' date=' If you look above, The tag system is winning. The numbers are low, but still. RP[b']G[/b]'s are for fun. They tell a story, but Jake is running one of this site's most Succesful RPG's. He has a story AND Fun.

Votes doesn't make something better. That's simply the opinion of the larger side, in which case, is yours.

Huh. Well look at this. You support the Advanced Clause, which promotes good grammar, but you said Doesn't where you should have said Don't.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The poll posted by haters in the thread frequented by haters is being won by haters?

WHY IS ANYONE SURPRISED? The poll was biased from the start.

The Advanced Clause puts order into the section, and requires the players to actually think before they post. You are the one causing this "chaos" that you speak of.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

What about any RPs that can DIE because of people that can't think of anything to post that is 5 sentences, so no one posts ANYTHING, leading to the death of the thread??? >_

What about any RPs that can DIE because of people that can't think of anything to post that is 5 sentences' date=' so no one posts ANYTHING, leading to the death of the thread??? >_<

[/quote']

Then the players should focus and think before they write a post in another RP. Four sentences is an absolute minimum and can be achieved easily, even without interfering with other characters.

Umbra' date=' If you look above, The tag system is winning. The numbers are low, but still. RP[b']G[/b]'s are for fun. They tell a story, but Jake is running one of this site's most Succesful RPG's. He has a story AND Fun.

Votes doesn't make something better. That's simply the opinion of the larger side, in which case, is yours.

Huh. Well look at this. You support the Advanced Clause, which promotes good grammar, but you said Doesn't where you should have said Don't.

It's called a casual mistake. And unlike others, my posts dun lok liek dis.

The poll posted by haters in the thread frequented by haters is being won by haters?

WHY IS ANYONE SURPRISED? The poll was biased from the start.

The Advanced Clause puts order into the section' date=' and requires the players to actually think before they post. You are the one causing this "chaos" that you speak of.

[/quote']

The "Chaos" came from people trying to force others to DO things they did not want to do . . .

Removing the Tag System is going to bring that BACK! Why will you not SEE that.

I do not care about the Advance Clause or the Basic Clause. The Tag System successfully stopped all of the arguements about that and we have had 4 MONTHS of peace- and now all of that is going to be thrown away for "the advancement of the general rpg section".

What if we are HAPPY with the way things are? Can't you just let things be?

Guest Morpheous Erebos

Biased =/= wanting the same thing. Biased = Wanting something just because another wants it. Or supporting something just because you know someone who wants it done.

How is it biased?! Certain people (Like my Senpai) Are biased' date=' but the poll at the top, itself, is pure!

[/quote']

I'm not biased!

I just want everyone to rp how they want without minimum BS.

You only require a reason to like the change, but accept anything as long as they agree with you. Bias 101.

I think being bias is supporting something with little to no proof or evidence to support your opinion, not sure though.

Anyway,

I haven't been in the roleplay section in ages but I would say that I prefare the Advanced Clause because it allows the story to move forward and without it, in one of the RPs I was in a while ago for example, I say a few sentences as a warning to his character and his reply was:

"Kyle: why?"

That doesn't help the story at all. I prefare Advanced because it's just annoying reading posts with only one line in it so it takes even longer to finish one conversation, let alone the actual story.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

It says we require a sentence of explaination for BOTH sides... Just get it through your head that people HATE the Advance Clause. Some with a passion, and people are going to hate you and Deja in turn for enforcing it. I suppose you don't care if almost all of the RPing part of YCM hates you and your "moderating"? I feel that you guys, forcing those with no motivation to either strain their brains, waste time making an RPing forum, or quit RPing are giving my peers and I (Umbra 15, Deja 15, me 15.) a bad name...

I never said those who voted on conditions are bias. I merely said Umbra was biased.

And of course' date=' you are a shining beacon of hope and happiness.

I require arguments from those on "my side", and you don't.

[/quote']

Of course I am not. However I am trying to keep something that I think is working out- while you are just trying to force everyone to become better rpgers.

Require arguements from those on "my side" . . . we already have people on "your side" giving their opinion. And as we do with those trying to keep the Tag System.

This is becoming EXACTLY like what happened during the "Advance Clause Test Period" . . . I thought Shadius and Rinne would have figured it out by now that the Tag System is a good thing and trying to force everyone to do something will never work.

I'm with this revolt 100%, The only thing I'd rather see changed is that their are two different sections of the forum for rping, Advanced and then Basic/Casual. This would greatly help out the mods and also benefit the newer members and the people who would rather have fun, or a casual rp and not worry about all these set rules to follow. Plz rid the new rules, I've given you a perfect solution to adapting a newer way to fix the problems. It's easy to do, if not YCM shall lose almost all of their Rpers. I myself have absolutely no problems with advanced rps, but I don't feel like I have to rp with all these set rules every single time I join or make one. RPing is about 1: having fun 2: Meeting new friends 3: enjoying your creations, then the least thing you should be worring about is 4: Improving Writing. Improving writing is not a necessity as stated on this site thousands of times, this is a children's forum do you expect 8-13 year olds to spell everything correct or have the same rp skills as a 14- 24 year old would. I don't all though their are some young good advanced rpers the probability that all the members here can adopt just the advanced clause is 25/100 meaning you about to lose 75% of your rpers over this stupid not thought out rule.

Let me just say one thing: A new section for "Basic" roleplay will not be added, under any condition.

Jake: Yes, this is becoming exactly like the Advance Clause Test Period. That is THE POINT. Either learn to roleplay properly, or take your leave from our section, please. If you can't follow the rules, then you have no business here.

PrimalFear, you pull statistics out of nowhere, and Jake agrees with you instantly. Is this not the bias I was talking about?

Archived