Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

That's just stupid. Just because it's basic dosen't mean all people post like that.

I propose 3 tag systems: Casual, Basic, lolAdvanced. Casual for people who want to post AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (in the games sec.), Basic, a minimum of 2 lines and slight moderation (I prefer this), and lolAdvanced, with 1,000 lines a post ana a paragraph per sentence. And grammar errors results in a permaban.

Easy way for both sides to win.

Have the RP section split into two sub sections. One for basic and one for advance.

OMGTHIIIIIIIIIS

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not here to explain the advanced format. Again' date=' i'm not competing. I simply like to take it easy with RPing, not write essays. l have shool for that, and l hardly do it there.

It shouldn't matter about 'content' and all of that. It's BASIC, meant to be FUNNNNNN.

[/quote']

So, according to you:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he said when he fell down

is the same as

He shouted loudly as he tumbled down the slope hill.

If the first poster had fun while posting?

Well, neither of those can work now, apparently.

Advanced Clause was, and always will be, one of the worst additions to the Role Playing forum.

As you can tell, this is a CHILDREN'S card game forum. The Advanced Clause has rules usually only 16+ can handle without their brain exploding, with a few exceptions.

The Advanced Clause has three rules:

1. Write at least four sentences to a paragraph.

2. Use proper English grammar and spelling.

3. Don't use the same characters as you've used in previous RPs.

If the average below-sixteen can't handle that, then I wouldn't be surprised if the world ACTUALLY ENDS IN 2012.

That's just stupid. Just because it's basic dosen't mean all people post like that.

I propose 3 tag systems: Casual' date=' Basic, lolAdvanced. Casual for people who want to post AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (in the games sec.), Basic, a minimum of 2 lines and slight moderation (I prefer this), [b']and lolAdvanced, with 1,000 lines a post ana a paragraph per sentence. And grammar errors results in a permaban.[/b]

Easy way for both sides to win.

Have the RP section split into two sub sections. One for basic and one for advance.

OMGTHIIIIIIIIIS

That's how I see it too, most of the time.

We're not here to explain the advanced format. Again' date=' i'm not competing. I simply like to take it easy with RPing, not write essays. l have shool for that, and l hardly do it there.

It shouldn't matter about 'content' and all of that. It's BASIC, meant to be FUNNNNNN.

[/quote']

So, according to you:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he said when he fell down

is the same as

He shouted loudly as he tumbled down the slope hill.

If the first poster had fun while posting?

Well, neither of those can work now, apparently.

Advanced Clause was, and always will be, one of the worst additions to the Role Playing forum.

As you can tell, this is a CHILDREN'S card game forum. The Advanced Clause has rules usually only 16+ can handle without their brain exploding, with a few exceptions.

The Advanced Clause has three rules:

1. Write at least four sentences to a paragraph.

2. Use proper English grammar and spelling.

3. Don't use the same characters as you've used in previous RPs.

If the average below-sixteen can't handle that, then I wouldn't be surprised if the world ACTUALLY ENDS IN 2012.

Most people below sixteen can't think of what to say for four sentences, aside from an exception.

Except that splitting the section into two wouldn't solve anything: The bad roleplayers would still be bad. Much like brushing the dust under the carpet, it's just postponing the problem.

Cedefia, then I'm off to prepare my shelter. Humanity will most likely end due to overwhelming stupidity and the global thermonuclear war following it. Most people below sixteen CAN write down four sentences, if they actually put EFFORT into it. Yes, I used the F-word, since you're clearly not.

BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! Idiots this whole thing isn't about comunisum it isn't about trying to have better Grammar, It's about making the site look better. What was the purpose of this site, why did YCM make the site for, to look good and beat the other sites no! it was to have a site were people who like yugioh could have fun and converse.

You patetic excuses for yugioh fans, a site like this was made for fun not war!

Leave Britney alone! XD

The Tags were good you just need to crack down on the Inentional spammers.

I vote for it to stay the way it is, or a beter idea make it than no one can make a basic RP for two weeks and let people see the Advanced side of RPing.

It's about compremise.

Except that splitting the section into two wouldn't solve anything: The bad roleplayers would still be bad. Much like brushing the dust under the carpet' date=' it's just postponing the problem.

[/quote']

Just let the bad roleplayers roleplay bad.

They could disable post count in that forum. =/

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

It just occurred to me how simple it is to follow the advanced clause. This could slide as a full post:

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us' date=' and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in...

That's all it takes, people. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

[/quote']

Umm... no.

Minimum post quality

A good, lengthy post in a role-play should consist of at least four sentences with proper English grammar and spelling. However, as a general rule, one to two paragraphs should be included in every post, by the least.

A good post should be able to elaborate from, to take material from and use it on your own post. Don't make a post that doesn't move forward the story at some point. (Warning! Be careful when doing this - elaborating too much may be on the brink of Godmoding)

Oookay, then.

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us, and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in. He jabbed at one enemy to keep it away.

STILL NOT THAT HARD.

(Coming from a fourteen-year-old.)

Except that splitting the section into two wouldn't solve anything: The bad roleplayers would still be bad. Much like brushing the dust under the carpet' date=' it's just postponing the problem.

Cedefia, then I'm off to prepare my shelter. Humanity will most likely end due to overwhelming stupidity and the global thermonuclear war following it. Most people below sixteen CAN write down four sentences, if they actually put EFFORT into it. Yes, I used the F-word, since you're clearly not.

[/quote']

No just make the Basic have no post count so they can spam all they want.

[/quote']

I am able to write down four sentences, to two paragraphs in a Role Play. I'm just speaking out for the people who are not able to, and been in basic RP's their whole time here on YCM.

Also, I am confused. What is the F-word? Four? =/

It just occurred to me how simple it is to follow the advanced clause. This could slide as a full post:

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us' date=' and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in...

That's all it takes, people. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

[/quote']

Umm... no.

Minimum post quality

A good, lengthy post in a role-play should consist of at least four sentences with proper English grammar and spelling. However, as a general rule, one to two paragraphs should be included in every post, by the least.

A good post should be able to elaborate from, to take material from and use it on your own post. Don't make a post that doesn't move forward the story at some point. (Warning! Be careful when doing this - elaborating too much may be on the brink of Godmoding)

Oookay, then.

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us, and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in. He jabbed at one enemy to keep it away.

STILL NOT THAT HARD.

(Coming from a fourteen-year-old.)

I wouldn't call THAT a paragraph.

[/quote']

It would not solve anything at all. It would only put them out of our sight, much like mentioned dust under the carpet. Above all, I want YCM's overall roleplaying quality to rise; that was why I wrote up the Advanced Clause so many years ago. If that is done by the bad roleplayers leaving, or by them becoming better, I do not care. I sincerely prefer the latter, though.

The F word is the all-capped EFFORT in the previous sentence, seeing as there is a clear F sound at the start of the word. T'was a joke on my behalf. :)

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

And I would not mind this. I am pro-Tags, but this works.

[/quote']

It would not solve anything at all. It would only put them out of our sight, much like mentioned dust under the carpet. Above all, I want YCM's overall roleplaying quality to rise; that was why I wrote up the Advanced Clause so many years ago. If that is done by the bad roleplayers leaving, or by them becoming better, I do not care. I sincerely prefer the latter, though.

Why do you care? You aren't their parent or Teacher. They aren't just dust. Your life does not depend on their RPing skills.

[/quote']

The F word is the all-capped EFFORT in the previous sentence, seeing as there is a clear F sound at the start of the word. T'was a joke on my behalf. :)

Oooh, I wasn't exactly sure. But yeah, I DO put EFFORT into my posts, in Roleplay. The quality of the forum may rise, if you let them decide to start Advanced on their own choosing. Not force them to only do those, miserably fail, and get warned.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Hmm... four lines. Considering that dialogue starts a new line...

"But what can we do?" he said.

The enemy was closing in. One speedy foe had already reached their group. He jabbed at it, and it died.

"We can't rely on the others for help," he added, wiping his blade. "They've also been cornered, probably." Another enemy reached the group. He stabbed again, claiming another life. "Do you have a plan?"

STILL NOT HARD.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Why do you care? You aren't their parent or Teacher. They aren't just dust. Your life does not depend on their RPing skills.

As a matter of fact, my life doesn't depend on anything on this site. I could choose just to leave here and never come back, but I won't. You know why? Because I care. I choose to be their teacher.

The whole "dust under the carpet" was an analogy, as in "ignoring the problem". It was not intended as an insult.

BAKA! BAKA! BAKA! Idiots this whole thing isn't about comunisum it isn't about trying to have better Grammar' date=' It's about making the site look better. What was the purpose of this site, why did YCM make the site for, to look good and beat the other sites no! it was to have a site were people who like yugioh could have fun and converse.

You patetic excuses for yugioh fans, a site like this was made for fun not war!

Leave Britney alone! XD

The Tags were good you just need to crack down on the Inentional spammers.

I vote for it to stay the way it is, or a beter idea make it than no one can make a basic RP for two weeks and let people see the Advanced side of RPing.

It's about compremise.

[/quote']

^ Like I said Umbra.

[/quote']

The enemy was closing in. One speedy foe had already reached their group. He jabbed at it' date=' and it died.

"We can't rely on the others for help," he added, wiping his blade. "They've also been cornered, probably." Another enemy reached the group. He stabbed again, claiming another life. "Do you have a plan?"

STILL NOT HARD.

[/quote']

That would fit for a legit post, but not every member that RP's could think of something like that.

[/quote']

[/quote']

As a matter of fact, my life doesn't depend on anything on this site. I could choose just to leave here and never come back, but I won't. You know why? Because I care. I choose to be their teacher.

The whole "dust under the carpet" was an analogy, as in "ignoring the problem". It was not intended as an insult.

Not every member chooses to be your student, though.

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

[/quote']

I understood the analogy, but they would take it as an insult.

Guest Tainted Black

The enemy was closing in. One speedy foe had already reached their group. He jabbed at it' date=' and it died.

STILL NOT HARD.

[/quote']

Funny thing, that means Four lines. Let's say A is one letter.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

not

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

@ Ced, I agree.

If they will not let me teach them' date=' they are not welcome in my class and are free to leave. You are here by your own choice entirely.

[/quote']

Then don't force them into advanced! It's the PEOPLE's Choice!

If they will not let me teach them' date=' they are not welcome in my class and are free to leave. You are here by your own choice entirely.

[/quote']

Well, this forum is free, aside from the amount of time it takes you to register. So everything here should be open to the public. Them not wanting to learn from another person, but on their own, from joining 'basic' RPs, should not be taken away from them.

Archived