Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

Even if the First Rule didn't specify that it is indeed sentences that are requested, a post containing nothing but A's would violate English grammar in so many ways that it would violate the Second Rule.

I'm not forcing you into Advanced. You always have the choice. Either you RP here, and maintain the "Advanced" Clause, or you roleplay somewhere else and adjust to their rules. It's a simple choice.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the First Rule didn't specify that it is indeed sentences that are requested' date=' a post containing nothing but A's would violate English grammar in so many ways that it would violate the Second Rule.

I'm not forcing you into Advanced. You always have the choice. Either you RP here, and maintain the "Advanced" Clause, or you roleplay somewhere else and adjust to their rules. It's a simple choice.

[/quote']

Bu- th-

You've won. I can't deny that.

BUT, most other RP forums/Forums with a Roleplaying section have rules even more stricter than the Advanced Clause.

Guest Tainted Black

Even if the First Rule didn't specify that it is indeed sentences that are requested' date=' a post containing nothing but A's would violate English grammar in so many ways that it would violate the Second Rule.

[/quote']

I know the A's wouldn't count. I'm saying let's pretend that there are words and spaces IN those A's.

And other Places are either nor populated ebough or are MUCH stricter.

[/quote']

Bu- th-

BUT, most other RP forums/Forums with a Roleplaying section have rules even more stricter than the Advanced Clause.

Then you can always do what I saw happen in August: A small group of users breaking off from YCM and creating their own community, their own forum as a place where they could roleplay by themselves, and possibly allow themselves to become better - a private training grounds, of sorts. A place where you can become a better roleplayer, without fearing being looked down upon.

Hmm... four lines. Considering that dialogue starts a new line...

"But what can we do?" he said.

The enemy was closing in. One speedy foe had already reached their group. He jabbed at it' date=' and it died.

"We can't rely on the others for help," he added, wiping his blade. "They've also been cornered, probably." Another enemy reached the group. He stabbed again, claiming another life. "Do you have a plan?"

STILL NOT HARD.

[/quote']

That would fit for a legit post, but not every member that RP's could think of something like that.

Then they don't deserve to RP. Because my four year old brother could think of something like that. And if someone twice his age can't, something's wrong.

[/quote']

Bu- th-

Which is exactly why we're trying to raise the standard. As I've said numerous times, our 'Advanced Clause' is their basic clause.

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

Bu- th-

Then you can always do what I saw happen in August: A small group of users breaking off from YCM and creating their own community, their own forum as a place where they could roleplay by themselves, and possibly allow themselves to become better - a private training grounds, of sorts. A place where you can become a better roleplayer, without fearing being looked down upon.

Here's my biggest beef with it. My favorite character (I made) is a guy named Black, who fits in most situations. I don'tt ALWAYS use him, but I like using him. The Adv. Clause opposes that.

[/quote']

Bu- th-

Here's my biggest beef with it. My favorite character (I made) is a guy named Black, who fits in most situations. I don'tt ALWAYS use him, but I like using him. The Adv. Clause opposes that.

Oh, you have a problem with being original. I get it now.

Guest Tainted Black

Original, no. Being told I can't use a character is what I have a problem with. I have maybe.... 15 characters I shuffle around, and I occasionally add a new one. I just like to use Black the most.

[/quote']

Bu- th-

That would be the smartest thing to do, I wouldn't have thought of it, since I wasn't here back in August, I think.

I admit defeat.

Original' date=' no. Being told I can't use a character is what I have a problem with. I have maybe.... 15 characters I shuffle around, and I occasionally add a new one. I just like to use Black the most.

[/quote']

I used to do this, easy solution.

Depending on the RP, you simply remake your character (Same personality and general appearance.) except with information and standards from the RP.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

I vote against. There are plenty of times my imagination just dies on me, but I don't want a thread to die because I can't continue the story since I can't write 5 sentences. Sometimes a sentence is all that comes to mind...

Guest Tainted Black

Original' date=' no. Being told I can't use a character is what I have a problem with. I have maybe.... 15 characters I shuffle around, and I occasionally add a new one. I just like to use Black the most.

[/quote']

I used to do this, easy solution.

Depending on the RP, you simply remake your character (Same personality and general appearance.) except with information and standards from the RP.

I have. Black has been

A Heartless (As in Kingdom Hearts) king.

An Orichalcos Soldier

A Superpowered villain.

and More.

The reason I implemented that rule is mainly because of the names: I used to look around RP and see the same people do different things in different situations. The character's name became a "second username", which isn't meant to be spread over more than one thread.

Guest Tainted Black

Well, I don't give him the same name ALL the time. Only Black stays the same. Sometimes he's Black, or Yomi Black, or Marsuvees Black, and his character always develops a bit differently.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

I have created several different chars since my "Kent" days (see early RPing days. I always used Kent or Brent. Now I came up with better names, like Shihan, Shunji, etc.)

I have voted in FAVOR of keeping the Tag System.

Seriously, RPGs are only meant to be for fun. I believe someone already said it but: if you want a story- write a fan fic.

I know many of us still remember the "Advance Clause Test Period" and the "war" we had between the rpgers and how everything came to a freaking crawl! Remove the Tag System and that will happen ALL over again.

Why sacrifice the happiness of EVERYONE just for the satifaction of a mere FEW!? It does not make ANY Sense.

As for those off site who are laughing at YCM for its "bad grammar" and "stupid rpg section" I have one thing to say . . . F**K YOU! I came here to hazve fun . . . NOT to be DRILL SARGED about how I rpg!

I have voted in FAVOR of keeping the Tag System.

Seriously' date=' RPGs are only meant to be for fun. I believe someone already said it but: if you want a story- write a fan fic.

[b']So, according to you, roleplays have no story. HUGE SUCCESS ON THAT ONE.[/b]

I know many of us still remember the "Advance Clause Test Period" and the "war" we had between the rpgers and how everything came to a freaking crawl! Remove the Tag System and that will happen ALL over again.

If you will cease to become better at the language you use on this site daily, and fail to prove that to us, a feud will be necessary. Evolution isn't bad.

Why sacrifice the happiness of EVERYONE just for the satifaction of a mere FEW!? It does not make ANY Sense.

So we should sacrifice our beliefs for you, because it would be the right thing, but you would never do the same back, because it wouldn't make any sense? Lawless roleplaying has had it's run on YCM, it's time for a change.

As for those off site who are laughing at YCM for its "bad grammar" and "stupid rpg section" I have one thing to say . . . F**K YOU! I came here to hazve fun . . . NOT to be DRILL SARGED about how I rpg!

I came here to have fun as well, but I cannot whilst I know there are others who aren't pleased with the community. That is why I became a Moderator in the first place - to make YCM a better place for everyone, and not just the few of you.

Guest Tainted Black

Umbra, If you look above, The tag system is winning. The numbers are low, but still. RPG's are for fun. They tell a story, but Jake is running one of this site's most Succesful RPG's. He has a story AND Fun.

Umbra' date=' If you look above, The tag system is winning. The numbers are low, but still. RP[b']G[/b]'s are for fun. They tell a story, but Jake is running one of this site's most Succesful RPG's. He has a story AND Fun.

Votes doesn't make something better. That's simply the opinion of the larger side, in which case, is yours.

Umbra' date=' If you look above, The tag system is winning. The numbers are low, but still. RP[b']G[/b]'s are for fun. They tell a story, but Jake is running one of this site's most Succesful RPG's. He has a story AND Fun.

Votes doesn't make something better. That's simply the opinion of the larger side, in which case, is yours.

It's a PETITION!

Archived