Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

Guest Tainted Black

Oh' date=' l didn't know RPING was a competition.

We aren't competing. I'm here to have fun, not win an award for 'best RP site.' Who cares?

[/quote']

Exactly!

We HAVE tried Advanced RPing. We knocked it. I try to post in paragraphs' date=' but Advanced is basically Communism where they want you to RP the EXACT way THEY want.

[/quote']

No, it's a standard. If you can't type four sentences with proper grammar, then there's a problem.

They want RPing THEIR way like the Realistic card Mods want it THEIR way!

You don't get it.

IT'S.

A.

STANDARD.

It's like having a choice between a rusty sword and a golden sword.

You're basically saying that the rusty sword is better. :/ (Is too lazy to think up of better analogy)

No, We're saying you should have a choice! The new members are STILL going to post in 1 sent. posts! Just avoid Basic RPS!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Had Talked to Fenrir upon this Matter, I Support in favor of The Tag System, But ONLY on 1 Condition

We aren't n00bs. ON the contrary' date=' we run the site's RPing club. Which is Stickied.

[/quote']

Just because you run the site's only RolePlay club doesn't make you good at RPing.

"Au Contraire" Says Andinios

There is actually More than 1 RP Club

But Anyway, I Have Tried Advanced RPing(Which BTW is from what I am Told, "Intermediate RPing") and I Simply find it Meh-ish at Best. I know People to Be Better than that, but are too lazy to Unlock their Potential.....

It's like having a choice between a rusty sword and a golden sword.

You're basically saying that the rusty sword is better. :/ (Is too lazy to think up of better analogy)

XD

It is Like Most People are Sitting down in their tepees Simply Playing around with some Spears to Hunt, While On top of a Mountain Nearby, there is a City where all People have Rifles

That Little Village is where the One Sentence Posters live and The Advanced RPers are on the Mountain

In Between, There is a Mansion that If you Dare Stumble across, You Explode into a Gory Mess, The One Sentence Posters View the Resident as Godly, While the Advanced RPers thinks the Resident as Garbage.

That is Me

Yea, Better Analogy of where One Sentence Posters, The Advanced RPers, and I Stand at

We HAVE tried Advanced RPing. We knocked it. I try to post in paragraphs' date=' but Advanced is basically Communism where they want you to RP the EXACT way THEY want.

[/quote']

You an idiot, communism has nothing to do with posting a paragraph.

Simply posting a paragraph isn't that hard, my brother who is probably younger then all of you can write a decent paragraph in a few minutes. Even though his grammar isn't all that great, he can do it simply.

If you want to have fun then why not just start your own site and spam the crap out of that?

I mean Deja Cru's view of "Do it MY way or die."

That still isn't communism.

[/quote']

You an idiot, communism has nothing to do with posting a paragraph.

Simply posting a paragraph isn't that hard, my brother who is probably younger then all of you can write a decent paragraph in a few minutes. Even though his grammar isn't all that great, he can do it simply.

If you want to have fun then why not just start your own site and spam the crap out of that?

I mean Deja Cru's view of "Do it MY way or die."

No, it's not like that.

It's, "Okay, we're tired of you spoiled brats whining about everything so we're taking away your toys."

EDIT:

Yeah, I noticed another one. There was a great one back then, but the leader gave up on it.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Types of novelism:

•Solo novelism: One person writes a story and publishes it. I oughtn't to need to tell you why this is a bad idea.

•Edited novelism: One person writes a story, has it edited/revised by an editor, and publishes it. Most common in today's world.

•Collaborative novelism: Multiple people write a story. They all know what will happen. Clever if you want to blend styles, but ultimately, it doesn't differ much from edited novelism.

•Roleplaying: A rather clever form in which multiple characters controlled by multiple authors interact. Probably the best way to capture realistic personalities, but it takes forever, and synthesis is friggin' hard.

Roleplaying =/= game.

We aren't competing. I'm here to have fun, not win an award for 'best RP site.' Who cares?

[/quote']

If you're not competing, then why are you pushing for Worst RP site?

As you all should know, there is a difference between drawing a line and drawing a circle. None of them are extensively difficult, but even my three-year-old brother can draw a line. Drawing a circle requires more skill than that, but compared to drawing a face or a landscape, it is but a grain of sand in space.

The point of my analogy: You are drawing lines, and we ask you to draw circles. You disagree, saying that it is too difficult.

What you call "Basic Roleplay" is something I'd expect from a first-grader in many cases. Repeated grammar inconsistency, inability to extend a sentence and improve it's content, and even horrible spelling. Remember, kids: What you write in Roleplay (and in Fanfiction, to a much broader extent) is meant to be read and interpreted. You are writing a part of a story. A cogwheel that's not large enough or broken can destroy an entire machinery, a single mistyped letter can ruin an entire page of code. You are the anomaly.

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

If you're not competing, then why are you pushing for Worst RP site?

As you all should know, there is a difference between drawing a line and drawing a circle. None of them are extensively difficult, but even my three-year-old brother can draw a line. Drawing a circle requires more skill than that, but compared to drawing a face or a landscape, it is but a grain of sand in space.

The point of my analogy: You are drawing lines, and we ask you to draw circles. You disagree, saying that it is too difficult.

What you call "Basic Roleplay" is something I'd expect from a first-grader in many cases. Repeated grammar inconsistency, inability to extend a sentence and improve it's content, and even horrible spelling. Remember, kids: What you write in Roleplay (and in Fanfiction, to a much broader extent) is meant to be read and interpreted. You are writing a part of a story. A cogwheel that's not large enough or broken can destroy an entire machinery, a single mistyped letter can ruin an entire page of code. You are the anomaly.

Well, here's the thing. If, in a basic RP, I post 7 Sentences, that's good. If I post 4, it is meh. If I post 1, it needs more. In an Advanced RP if you post 7 sentences, they want more.

Okay as I am fully capable of doing Advanced Clause all the time (Which in cases like Pokecommunity.com and Withthewill is a standard and is not to hard to do.) I promote the Tag System because it was a good idea at the start but it got out of hand with the stuff.

My two cents currently after seeing both sides: Have more Teaching Roleplays, that should make it so people of R.P.820 and others could learn better and Fully Capable Roleplayers could learn how its like to be what you call a n00b.

820 and Kazekage, you're overdoing this. Neither of you are helping your cause. As I mentioned in my earlier post, content is as important as the post itself. All sentences are not the same, and four sentences in one thread may not be the same as four sentences in another thread.

We can even compare my post with Kazekage's, for good measure. The above paragraph contains four sentences. Kazekage's contains five, one more than mine, and yet mine is longer. I have more content, I give you something to expand upon. This is what Advanced Roleplay means, to make more - from less.

We're not here to explain the advanced format. Again' date=' i'm not competing. I simply like to take it easy with RPing, not write essays. l have shool for that, and l hardly do it there.

It shouldn't matter about 'content' and all of that. It's BASIC, meant to be FUNNNNNN.

[/quote']

So, according to you:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he said when he fell down

is the same as

He shouted loudly as he tumbled down the slope hill.

If the first poster had fun while posting?

We're not here to explain the advanced format. Again' date=' i'm not competing. I simply like to take it easy with RPing, not write essays. l have shool for that, and l hardly do it there.

It shouldn't matter about 'content' and all of that. It's BASIC, meant to be FUNNNNNN.

[/quote']

So, according to you:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he said when he fell down

is the same as

Well, neither of those can work now, apparently.

Advanced Clause was, and always will be, one of the worst additions to the Role Playing forum.

As you can tell, this is a CHILDREN'S card game forum. The Advanced Clause has rules usually only 16+ can handle without their brain exploding, with a few exceptions.

Guest Tainted Black

[/quote']

So, according to you:

is the same as

No. It isn't. Fun overall is "As he fell he shouted "AH!". When he landed he stood up and gripped his sword, ready to pounce." That way it is both.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

It just occurred to me how simple it is to follow the advanced clause. This could slide as a full post:

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us, and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in...

That's all it takes, people. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

It just occurred to me how simple it is to follow the advanced clause. This could slide as a full post:

"But what do we do?" he said. "The enemy has cornered us' date=' and we can't rely on the others for help." He was right; the enemy was closing in...

That's all it takes, people. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

[/quote']

Umm... no.

Minimum post quality

A good, lengthy post in a role-play should consist of at least four sentences with proper English grammar and spelling. However, as a general rule, one to two paragraphs should be included in every post, by the least.

A good post should be able to elaborate from, to take material from and use it on your own post. Don't make a post that doesn't move forward the story at some point. (Warning! Be careful when doing this - elaborating too much may be on the brink of Godmoding)

Archived