Lock.

Tempest Dahlia

Which Would You Llke?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Would You Llke?

• I prefer that the current RP rules stand: For whatever reason it may be, l am against advanced format, or l don't like some aspects/RPing with it all the time.
    • I prefer the new change: For whatever reason it may be, i'm against Basic format and l think advanced will... (I expect an explanation.)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umbra how can you simply just look the other way when the perfect solution has just been given to you!?

How BIAS can you f**king be!?

I am ABLE to Advance RPG- but the point is I am TRYING to have fun and don't WANT to be forced to follow some god d**n rules!

YOU are the one who has no buisness being here. You only more prove my point that there should be a limit on how old a mod should be- clearly seeing as you will NOT listen to reason and can't handle the responsability and position of being a mod.

I guess I can't expect hardly anyone to be mature over the internet.

The whole argument is stupid and based on both sides refusing to see what the other wants.

One wants quality in every RP; a respectable wish that should be supported. Rps are far more enjoyable when there isn't some failure of an RPer posting one liners that don't do anything but confuse everyone involved. This side believes that every person should be able to follow this posting rule but forgets that we're on the INTERNET. As in, people are stupid and you shouldn't expect a thing from them or else you become very disappointed when people can't live up to standards you thought were easy.

The other side wants to enjoy RPing without feeling forced to do anything and has even suggested that the two styles be seperated. (btw, that is probably the best solution. The fail Rpers will get very mad when they continue to make bad posts in nothing but advanced rps and get in trouble. In fact this kills it for everyone as forcing the bad rpers into the advanced will make them less enjoyable for those who can follow the advanced clause. But if this can't be I won't try to fight for it.) And yet this side refuses to see that there is something good about demanding quality from RPers.

Both sides want something good and stubbornly refuse to see the good of the other's argument. So again, dumb me for expecting people to get it. Whatever will be will be so I won't try to get in the way. But please people, try to be mature about this and see that the other opinion is not completely evil.

Sir, I understand you want everyone to work under an Advanced Rule Clause, and yes I do support the Advanced Clause, as said in my Signature, but I enjoy nothing mor ehtan seeing average to above average RPers participating. In other words, I will not support your Advanced Rulings. I prefer it remain basic, and that everyone has a fair chance of enhancing their abilities in RP, simply by participating and following what people are doing. You don't need Advanced Rules to have a perfect RPing Section, as if you believe correctly, more than half the people, as PrimalFear said, being about 75%, will leave the RP Forums if you continue on with this ruling. We come to the RP Forum to let our ideas flow, and support the ideas of others, not to crush them down because they are the longest story, or Chapter in a book. We want to have fun here, not be here to be serious about every living thing we write. We may be writers because we RP, but that doesn't necessarily make us writers. People obtain good grammar and writings over time. It is a natural phenomenon. No one is perfect. Whether you believe in our arguments sufficiently or not, we are proud supporters of RPing, and Advanced Rulings are not fully necessary as stated before to make good RPers.

It's only natural to strive for evolution, and it is time for YCM to evolve. It is that simple.

Your argument "Internet isn't serious." falls flat, as the very fact that serious roleplaying exists on the internet exists. Is it so bad to try to make a good impression?

I have already realized that many people will not agree with the Advanced Clause, but what they don't see is that our sides are equal. They're not the majority they could expect, but neither are we. I will admit that YCM is not a democracy, and that it all relies on who has the power.

Jake, your "perfect solution" is splitting the section in half. It won't solve anything, it will be just like the Tag System - a proven failure.

Umbra, you fail to realize that I am a college student, I speak for almost 75% of the rpers on YCM. I am a member of almost 10 different RP forums that have been running just as long or even longer then YCM. I have seen how the different ideas work. I've seen how different mods handle different things. I myself cannot understand how a mod of a rp forum would say that Basic rping is useless. Their is a ton of people that are just starting out rping on here, and as I just said your telling me that you expect an 8-13 year old person who wishes to roleplay do write 2 paragraphs and make sure every little word is correct all the time, that's preposterous. This is a children's forum in no way should they be forced to rp a certain way. The only reason you guys are getting rid of the basic part of rping is because you guys are to lazy to do your job, you think its all a game that you control because you are a mod. Well I'm here to say NO you cannot abuse your powers by taking away the right to basic rp.

Guest Tainted Black

No. This site has mods that are supposed to help people, and flesh out people who break the rules. Not Force things on people. I understand I have little rights, but I am entitled to my voice!

Umbra' date=' you fail to realize that I am a college student, I speak for almost 75% of the rpers on YCM.

[b']Again, where do these numbers come from? I doubt that 75% of YCM's roleplayers are college students.[/b]

I am a member of almost 10 different RP forums that have been running just as long or even longer then YCM. I have seen how the different ideas work. I've seen how different mods handle different things.

Good for you.

I myself cannot understand how a mod of a rp forum would say that Basic rping is useless.

"Basic" roleplaying serves a purpose - just not here.

Their is a ton of people that are just starting out rping on here, and as I just said your telling me that you expect an 8-13 year old person who wishes to roleplay do write 2 paragraphs and make sure every little word is correct all the time, that's preposterous.

All modern browsers have spellchecking - the browsers do that for them. Please read the Advanced Clause again: Four sentences is the minimum, not two paragraphs.

This is a children's forum in no way should they be forced to rp a certain way. The only reason you guys are getting rid of the basic part of rping is because you guys are to lazy to do your job, you think its all a game that you control because you are a mod.

YCM is a children's forum, the Roleplaying Section of YCM targets are looking for people older than that. The only reason you guys are forcing the quality of YCM's Roleplaying Section down is because you're too lazy to do your job, you can't put enough effort into your posts because you're just a member.

Well I'm here to say NO you cannot abuse your powers by taking away the right to basic rp.

I'm here to say that you are wrong, I am not abusing my powers: I am merely enhancing the section. You still have the right to "Basic" roleplaying: Just not here. I have already said this too many times: It's your choice entirely to be here. You're free to leave if you don't like it.

Again' date=' where do these numbers come from? I doubt that 75% of YCM's roleplayers are college students.[/b']

Obviously thats not what I meant, I meant that I speak for the 75% of the rpers on YCM that don't like this rule.

"Basic" roleplaying serves a purpose - just not here.

Yes it should, your forcing new members to follow all these huge rules which may be hard for them.

All modern browsers have spellchecking - the browsers do that for them. Please read the Advanced Clause again: Four sentences is the minimum, not two paragraphs.

Thats not the point.

YCM is a children's forum, the Roleplaying Section of YCM targets are looking for people older than that. The only reason you guys are forcing the quality of YCM's Roleplaying Section down is because you're too lazy to do your job, you can't put enough effort into your posts because you're just a member.

RPing section doesn't have an Age limit, now your being racist against the younger population to YCM. No that isn't the reason, we are offering the position to keep the tags or make two sections to separate the two. Also yes most if not all of use can Advanced roleplay I do it all the time, actually I am in a Advanced rp now so how exactly is that not putting effort into my posts. Some people just want to have fun not be made to follow all these rules that make you have to triple check your posts and make sure everything you do is up to the advanced rules.

I'm here to say that you are wrong, I am not abusing my powers: I am merely enhancing the section. You still have the right to "Basic" roleplaying: Just not here. I have already said this too many times: It's your choice entirely to be here. You're free to leave if you don't like it.

I don't feel like I should be made to leave just because I want to learn how to rp or just want to casually rp.

Umbra how the f**k did you become Mod Again!?

You are completely bias and instead of TRYING to make an agreement you are continuing to lash out at everyone who is trying to tell you otherwise . . .

He's more competent than you lot.

I love it how everyone is completely ignoring the fact that they're trying to raise and set a better standard than what we have now.

If you guys dislike it, great, get out. We don't need RPers that act like spoiled brats when someone tries to improve on something. And I'm well aware that there are some great Rpers here. (I'm looking at Flandre, Umbra, Nightmare Zarkus)

You are completely bias and instead of TRYING to make an agreement you are continuing to lash out at everyone who is trying to tell you otherwise . . .

I love it how everyone is completely ignoring the fact that they're trying to raise and set a better standard than what we have now.

Thats great and I appreciate it but they shouldn't force everyone to follow it.

If you guys dislike it' date=' great, get out. We don't need RPers that act like spoiled brats when someone tries to improve on something. And I'm well aware that there are some great Rpers here. (I'm looking at Flandre, Umbra, Nightmare Zarkus)

[/quote']

I'm by no means Spoiled, never have been never will be I can live if thing don't get changed I just don't see the point in forcing everyone to follow these rules.

Guest Tainted Black

We aren't spoiled. If anyone is, it's the mods thinking this is a game! We are here for FUN not to write a Story! I mean, I'm OLDER than the mods, and they think they are kings! I think that the RPG's are for us to enjoy! He is not more competent tha us "lot". We are just as intelligent if not more. I abhor people that abuse power.

Thats great and I appreciate it but they shouldn't force everyone to follow it.

If you guys dislike it' date=' great, get out. We don't need RPers that act like spoiled brats when someone tries to improve on something. And I'm well aware that there are some great Rpers here. (I'm looking at Flandre, Umbra, Nightmare Zarkus)

[/quote']

I'm by no means Spoiled, never have been never will be I can live if thing don't get changed I just don't see the point in forcing everyone to follow these rules.

I wasn't referring to you in specific, more at Gaara, and reborn.

The point is, compared to many other sites and forums dedicated to RPing, YCM has got to be the worst. The apps that you have to fill are longer than a whole Basic RP Thread, the minimum for a post is a paragraph. Now, YCM can stay like this, with members acting like they're amazing because they have 5 stars which was gained through spamming in a spammy RP.

-takes breath-

Really, one paragraph is four lines.

Four.

Lines.

Is that honestly SO hard to do?

We aren't spoiled. If anyone is' date=' it's the mods thinking this is a game! We are here for FUN not to write a Story! I mean, I'm OLDER than the mods, and [b']they think they are kings[/b]! I think that the RPG's are for us to enjoy! He is not more competent tha us "lot". We are just as intelligent if not more. I abhor people that abuse power.

...they are.

Look, the mods set the rules for this site. If you dont like following them, then get out. That's the way it always is, always has been, and always will be.

So, by being logged out, I ignore you? Because there's no way it could be midnight and I stayed up against my parents' wishes to argue with you guys?

I don't ignore you enough. I care too much for my own good.

Primal, if you were a college student, which I greatly doubt, you would have known what "racism" is, and I'm not a racist. The word you're looking for is "discrimination", and I'm not doing that either. It's like saying that not being allowed to drive until you're 18 and have a license is discriminating against those under 18 who don't have a license.

Archived