Discussion: Normal Monsters

If Common Charity was a Normal Spell, it would be a lot better though it is still good. Faustian Bargain is my favorite Normal support apart from Dark Factory of Mass Production. The only thing Normals need is better support.

I treat Skill Drain as Normal support, is that wrong?

If Common Charity was a Normal Spell' date=' it would be a lot better though it is still good. Faustian Bargain is my favorite Normal support apart from Dark Factory of Mass Production. The only thing Normals need is better support.

[/quote']

Yes.

No. Gemini are the ones that takes their place in decks. Because of that people now don't run Normal Monsters as much as they did 8 years ago. Gemini takes their support and give nothing to them in exchange.

true... I think that if geminis were treated as normals in the hand' date=' there would be no reason to run normals at all. Normals at least have heart of the underdog, common charity, and 2 man cell battle, and drain, which gives them [i']something[/i] with which to rival geminis. Geminis would have huge draw power and more summon power if they were normals in the hand.

If Common Charity was a Normal Spell' date=' it would be a lot better though it is still good. Faustian Bargain is my favorite Normal support apart from Dark Factory of Mass Production. The only thing Normals need is better support.

[/quote']

Indeed.

Every Normal Monster Deck needs Ancient Rules.

Not to mention some others.

[/quote']

I would say Skill Drain is better used with effect monsters resolve out of the field so you can always use the benefit of Monster Effects without being afftected by it, instead of Normal Monsters..

As for Normal Monsters, Gemeni Monsters pretty much replaced them by now. It would be nice to have some Normal support such as....

Quick Play Spell

If you control a Level 5 or higher Normal Monster with 2000 ATK or less' date=' draw 1 card and double that monster's ATK until the next turn's End Phase. If you have another Level 5 or higher Normal Monster with 2000 ATK or less, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Traps during the turn this card is activated.

[/quote']

In the immortal (THE IRONY!!!) words of John Locke, "I'm an ordinary duelist, Jack, meat and potatoes. I live in the real world. I'm not a big believer in overpowered cards. But Shapesnatch is different. It's special. The others don't want to talk about it because it scares them. But we all know it. We all feel it. Should Shapesnatch be banned? Probably. But what if Shapesnatch happened for a reason? What this card is really the best thing to ever happen to this game?"

Wait, we weren't discussing Shapesnatch? My bad. Well, Shapesnatch is the best Normal Monster in the game, hands down. And it's a common. And it's at 3. It's a good thing there's a minimum deck size limit. Otherwise everyone would run 3 Shapesnatches and nothing else. Come to think of it, I should go through my commons and see if I have one. Christmas is coming up and last I checked Shapesnatch was selling for OVER $9000!!!

Okay, I'm done. Back on topic, I ran a Normal/Gemini deck when TAEV first came out. Normal Monsters have some decent support that can make games interesting. (Ever take out a Super Conductor Tyranno with a Sheep Token? Priceless.) Given that Geminis are only Normals on the field or in the Grave (and you don't want them to be Normals on the field), not all of the support is Gemini-compatible. Still, you want to run Geminis over Normals when you can, because their effects are generally better than the effects of the Normal support cards that don't work on them. What they need to do is make a Field Spell that turns Geminis in the hand and Deck into Normals as well. If they did that, there would be very little reason to run Normals at all.

My card suggestion was to help from Aitsu all the way to Curse of Dragon, it would be a decent reason to run old and useless High Level - Low ATK vanillas... yeah now that I think about it... Shapesnatch absorved the purpose of my other comment xD

BTW, there is a Normal Monster in Absolute Power Force with like 100 ATK or so.. the first New Normal Monster in all the 5ds booster packs so far...

Archived