Stardust = Limited ??

Never limit Synchros without good reason.

For the same reason that Heavy is broken but should be limited because it creates a mentality, and some cards are limited because they interact with themselves, Synchros can fulfil these roles.

DSF (and in my mind Goyo and Brio) is an example of a Synchro which was broken, not because of it interacting with itself, and did not encourage better play, just more reckless because there was such a high chance you'd lose next turn (or with Goyo/Brio,

MOST Synchros do not deserve to be limited.

I could actually see an argument made for limiting BRD, because it discourages over extending and promotes more conservative and thoughtful play. However that's a different topic.

Stardust is one of those 3/0 ones though, and it should easily be at three because it is a GOOD card, but not broken, and makes other means of removal playable.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Pro tip: Saying "never Limit Fusions/Synchros" is a blaring alarm that alerts everyone that you don't really know what you're talking about.

I think Stardust should be limited.2u9keo3.png

[/post]

Never limit synchros or fusions blah blah essentially always in your hand blah blah.

Here this poor man stands' date=' teetering on the edge between Konamilogic and enlightenment.

[/quote']

But Crab, in the game of Yugimonz, Konamilogic is appearently the most prominant logic available.

He's still always there' date=' but once he's gone, you can't bust out another one.

[/quote']

Sure you cant "Bust out another one", but you can always re-build him:

goyo.png

=/...

I'm going to say you're pulling a Crab and trying to pull people into a trap by agreeing with you. It's not a danger. It's a decent Card. People often run Collosal/TRA over it, for good reason. It encourages diverse monster removal. It is not that strong, and what it does do is good for the game.

Going to prove otherwise?

It encourages diverse monster removal.

Because "sending to the Graveyard" is much better for the game than regular destroying.

Just because a card happens to include "destroying" as part of its effect doesn't mean it has to be worthy of punishment of Stardust-style proportions. Granted, many "destroyers" aren't great for the game, but that doesn't mean all of them are. Banlists can be much more selective than Stardust Dragon.

Because "sending to the Graveyard" is much better for the game than regular destroying.

Because letting cards that "send to the Graveyard" but would normally be too weak to be played compared to the alternatives have an advantage is good for the game.

Just because a card happens to include "destroying" as part of its effect doesn't mean it has to be worthy of punishment of Stardust-style proportions. Granted' date=' many "destroyers" aren't great for the game, but that doesn't mean all of them are. Banlists can be much more selective than Stardust Dragon.

[/quote']

It's not really punishment. It's punishment for having a restricted Deck that can't do anything without "destroying". His ATK isn't that high, making him relatively easy to run over, he is still vulnerable to many effects. There is no way he is too powerful. Not to mention it adds additional strategy to cards by making a serious effect and difference between cards that destroy and those that don't by making ones that include destroy have an extra disadvantage, promoting more thinking about which cards to include in a Deck and if one should use a destruction card or risk their opponent blocking it later with Stardust.

But really, I'm not trying any more, it seems like you're convinced on a point you're barely even supporting, so I'll just stop it there.

Because letting cards that "send to the Graveyard" but would normally be too weak to be played compared to the alternatives have an advantage is good for the game.

Just because a card happens to include "destroying" as part of its effect doesn't mean it has to be worthy of punishment of Stardust-style proportions. Granted' date=' many "destroyers" aren't great for the game, but that doesn't mean all of them are. Banlists can be much more selective than Stardust Dragon.

[/quote']

It's not really punishment. It's punishment for having a restricted Deck that can't do anything without "destroying". His ATK isn't that high, making him relatively easy to run over, he is still vulnerable to many effects. There is no way he is too powerful. Not to mention it adds additional strategy to cards by making a serious effect and difference between cards that destroy and those that don't by making ones that include destroy have an extra disadvantage, promoting more thinking about which cards to include in a Deck and if one should use a destruction card or risk their opponent blocking it later with Stardust.

Just because something can be destroyed by battle doesn't mean it's balanced.

Destroying by card effects doesn't have to be any more of a problem than any other form of removal. Why should cards be promoted simply because they don't "destroy", resulting in the demotion of cards which do? If a card doesn't make the cut for one's in a well-constructed format, than it won't make the cut for one's Deck. It's not necessarily "good for the game" that destructive cards be replaced with alternative cards just because they happen to be destructive when destruction isn't necessarily a bad thing.

But really' date=' I'm not trying any more, it seems like you're convinced on a point you're barely even supporting, so I'll just stop it there.

[/quote']

That didn't even begin to make sense, so I'll just stop there and leave that comment to either be revoked or not to your discretion.

Archived