Equip Cards

Now that it's Christmas day, we must all look back and remember its roots. It was never originally about the gifts, it was about the birth of Jesus Christ.

Now, going off on a long tangent from there, we end up at a random and irrelevant passage of the Bible:

Altogether' date=' Lamech lived 777 years, and then he died.[/quote']

Connecting that to YGO:

2eo9lwk.jpg

2ni77tt.png[/center]

Next Deck to be released has Union monsters I believe. Just like Gemeni monsters might take the place of Vanillas, Unions might take the place of Equips (well, there are some equips that are good as stated above. Also, I do know that most unions are not good at the moment, but I'm saying probably in the future)

I don't see Premature that broken (probably because I0m drunk.)...

It was absurdly broken... and then they released Arms Hole and made it even more broken. So yeah.

And then they released Brionac and Airbellum and made one of the most broken decks in the history of yugioh.

But Brionac and Rescue Cat are banworthy independently of Premature Burial, so they don't factor into its brokenness.

I don't see Premature that broken (probably because I0m drunk.)...

It was absurdly broken... and then they released Arms Hole and made it even more broken. So yeah.

And then they released Brionac and Airbellum and made one of the most broken decks in the history of yugioh.

But Brionac and Rescue Cat are banworthy independently of Premature Burial' date=' so they don't factor into its brokenness.

[/quote']

But they make it "OMGWTFBBQBROKENHAX" nonetheless.

They need to get support!

An archetype that revolves around Equip Spells!!

With cards like:

"Draw 2 cards, then remove from play one Equip Spell from your hand!! If you don't have any, send all cards in your hand to the graveyard!!"

or a Boss monster like

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set!! This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 different Equip Spells or more in your grave!! You can remove an Equip Spell from your grave to activate one of the following effects:

-Remove from play one card in your opponent's grave;

-Destroy one card on the field;

-Your opponent randomly discards one card from his hand!"

Its not that Equips are "bad", its just.... ALOT of people think you can just randomly splash them into any deck they want, resulting in bad draws.

Ben-Kei OTK is a deck where it would actually make sence to do such a thing. Since aside from using all your Equips on Ben-Kei for game, you can still use extra ones on yor other monsters, which would also provide a strong offence.

Either that, or just use them in a Sneak Preview deck(for teh lulz?)

Its not that Equips are "bad"' date=' its just.... [i']ALOT[/i] of people think you can just randomly splash them into any deck they want, resulting in bad draws.

Ben-Kei OTK is a deck where it would actually make sence to do such a thing. Since aside from using all your Equips on Ben-Kei for game, you can still use extra ones on yor other monsters, which would also provide a strong offence.

Either that, or just use them in a Sneak Preview deck(for teh lulz?)

I tryed to tech a Ben Kei OTK in my stall deck. It worked rarely. But none the less, I still had fun. Equip cards are slowly being replaced by unions. But Konami is still going to make moar equip cards, their a basic principle of the game.

Now that it's Christmas day' date=' we must all look back and remember its roots. It was never originally about the gifts, it was about the birth of Jesus Christ.[/quote']

No, it wasn't. It was originally a celebration of the winter solstice that got shoehorned into Christianity to ease the conversion of the pagans.

Anyway.

The only equip spell I can remember running in recent memory is DDR.

Then thing is...

-Equips stay on the field, technically not being a -1, but having (lets say) 2+ equips will result on your opponent getting rid of more of your cards easily just by getting rid of your equiped monsters. Which is the same effect that causes Heavy Storm on a player that just Set all their hand face down (loln00bs)

If they were a little more helpful to the game in general than just increasing some ATK/DEF and less fragile.

They need a ruling, something like:

If a monster with an Equip Spell Card would be removed from the field, you can send an Equip Spell Card equiped to it to the destination previewsly designated to the monster instead (Removed from play, Graveyard, Deck, hand, Top of Deck, Bottom of Deck, opponent's hand, etc.)

That would be lol xD

now that hidden armory is out' date=' equips have some uses.

only real useful ones are:

D.D.R, United We Stand, Premature Burial and Snatch Steal for traditional players and Butterfly Dagger too.

Supervise is fairly awesome as well.

[/quote']

Mark of the Rose says hai.

They need a ruling' date=' something like:

[b']If a monster with an Equip Spell Card would be removed from the field, you can send an Equip Spell Card equiped to it to the destination previewsly designated to the monster instead (Removed from play, Graveyard, Deck, hand, Top of Deck, Bottom of Deck, opponent's hand, etc.)[/b]

That would be lol xD

PTD says hi. You want to make him useless, eh?

[b']If a monster with an Equip Spell Card would be removed from the field, you can send an Equip Spell Card equiped to it to the destination previewsly designated to the monster instead (Removed from play, Graveyard, Deck, hand, Top of Deck, Bottom of Deck, opponent's hand, etc.)[/b]

That would be lol xD

-I have barely seen his effect being activated... ever..

-He is only protected from destruction.

-To tell you the truth, I don't really like it (nor his user in the anime), but letting that aside:

the "usefulness" of 1 card < an entire type of card.

Although my suggestion might be going overboard anyways xD

That would be lol xD

-I have barely seen his effect being activated... ever..

-He is only protected from destruction.

-To tell you the truth, I don't really like it (nor his user in the anime), but letting that aside:

the "usefulness" of 1 card < an entire type of card.

Although my suggestion might be going overboard anyways xD

It would. Also, a large amount of Unions would be rather pointless too, not just PTD.

Besides, they already have a rule saying that equips die when the monster its equipped to leaves the field. It wouldn't be wise to contradict themselves.

Unions need support, and they are only protected from destruction by battle (except for 1 or 2 maybe). Konami could always erase that part in the parenthesis for reprints with newer OCG xD

Also, they shouldn't be "better" than equips.

Anyways, I didn't say something "exactly" like my suggestion, but something "like" it (more or less), and its just a should statement that makes no difference to the discussion so.. lets drop it.

Archived