Dark Magician's Grandfather: Dark Sage

The effect is awsome, but requires Dark Magician on the field, not so hard, and requires Time Wizard on the field, not hard either, but setting Time Wizard's effect to your favor? eh 50/50 and wait, don't you allways succede in Time Wizard's effect? unless it's negated when you activate it you succede in activating it's effect. mabye Interdimensional Matter Transfer Dark Magician to somewhere else while you try Time Wizard, or Time Wizard first then summon Dark magician?

they need to remake this card, and start up the dark magician support again to promote his now somehow modern deck for the 10 year movie.

not gonna happen though.

I dare anyone to make a deck around this guy.

I came up with an epic dodging of its conditions using Prisma (reveal Thousand Dragon' date=' send Time Wizard, "Time Wizard" has successfully used its effect), but I'm not too sure is its a legal move.

If it's not, this is terrible.

[/quote']

that's an interesting question, that could make it viable.

this card for its conditions to summon it is horrible as well his effect, its like having another REBMD that is useless. It should have been a fusion monster instead and that when he is fusion summon successfully, then you can search for a spell card in your deck or graveyard.

but i must admit that Dark Sage looks pretty cool.

I have a good idea the Dark Sage OTK! Somehow you summon it! That is near impossible! You should have a field of 3 monsters then you use' date=' that card Yugi used to pwn kaiba that one episode or how he beat Anoobis with in the Yugioh Movie! Then you attack and win the duel! OMG SO SMART!

[/quote']

OMG YUGI PLAYED IT SO ITS AN OTK!!!

i bet someone truly believed that.

i wish diffusion wave motion was a better card. But yeah, you should move in to take control of the duel with the spell you get if you summon sage.

Well' date=' If you search out Giant Trunade/Heavy Storm, its an automatic 2800 ATK direct attacker >_>

Should of had been a Fusion

[/quote']

If it was exactly the same except it being a fusion, it would be pretty awesome, not sure if it would be played though.

Card Guard helps summoning this (I think).

you mean negating destruction? time magician needs to get it's heads effect for dark sage to be summoned' date=' so card guard wouldn't help.

[/quote']

It just says that the effect must be suscesfull, it doesn't says that you have to have the right side of the coin.

Card Guard helps summoning this (I think).

you mean negating destruction? time magician needs to get it's heads effect for dark sage to be summoned' date=' so card guard wouldn't help.

[/quote']

It just says that the effect must be suscesfull, it doesn't says that you have to have the right side of the coin.

hmmmmmmm, maybe. i just assumed you couldn't summon if you got the wrong effect, but yeah, card guard could work if your right.

Hardened Armed Dragon on Dark Magician will guarantee its Summoning (that is, if succeed means not killing your magician and making the combo impossible).

Get Time Wizard out somehow' date=' activate its effect. If you fail, he'll kill itself. If you "succeed" and get heads... to chain Birthright or something and get Dark Magician in time?

[/quote']

Archived