The Seal of Orichalcos

I just check the photobucket, it looks like photos of the allege event, there is even photos of the wall of souls as well as an oricalchos table with the card. perhaps the rumors are true that the event did happen and those cards doe exist.

If the image is of the real card, im surprised UD did such a crappy job writting up the lore the way they did. Hardly OCG. I guess it really was just for fun and nothing to be taken seriously as an actual produced promo card.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I just loved it when people sent emails to UDE about this card, they would always get this reply

Master Dartz does not allow us to reveal his secrets.

Kevin Tewart

Game Designer

UDE Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG R&D Lead

Upper Deck Entertainment

Lol

Lol I just loved it when people sent emails to UDE about this card' date=' they would always get this reply

Kevin Tewart

Game Designer

Upper Deck Entertainment

Lol

I just read that, lol.

I know why they never wanted to confirm if the cards existed, because they did such a crappy job making its lore. You can't take it seriously the way its written.

Lol I just loved it when people sent emails to UDE about this card' date=' they would always get this reply

Kevin Tewart

Game Designer

Upper Deck Entertainment

Lol

I just read that, lol.

I know why they never wanted to confirm if the cards existed, because they did such a crappy job making its lore. You can't take it seriously the way its written.

That wasn't the real lore...

Even on DMU it shows the real lore, wich..only makes it more overpowered, because now you can even prevent technicalities.

Btw, apparently, on the real effect...no other field spell cards can be played except for Orif*ck you stuff...DX

• That event took place at Comic-Con International this past July. People lined up to play against one of the UDE judges using 3 copies of "The Seal of Orichalcos"(In a chaos deck I might add) to win free packs and a T-shirt. If you managed to defeat all of the judges' date=' you would win even more prizes.

However, if you lost your picture would be taken and be placed on "The Wall of Lost Souls," or in truth, "The Wall of Shame." The problem with this event was that the wait in line could be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

All in all, it was very amusing to watch and to play against the judges.

• This is what I remember:

- Increased the attack power of the controller's monsters by 500.

- It's unaffected by monster, spell and trap effects while active on the field.

- It can be discarded from the user's hand to negate a monster's summoning, the activation & effect of a s/t card or destroy an attacking monster before battle damage is applied. (It can also negate the effects of effect monsters and destroy them)

• The only way you can get rid of the seal is to use the trap card anti-spell fragrance in combination with removal cards such as dust tornado, mobius, breaker etc.

BTW: When I played on thurdsay (waited 2 hours in line!!), I somehow miraculously pulled a victory against one of the UDE judges. (But it was far from easy...believe me.)

• Anti-spell fragrance forces both players to set spells when they're activated, so then orichalcos would be a face-down field spell card. When it is face-down, it is not impervious to s/t removal. So it is open season with dust tornado, mobius etc.

And if anyone is thinking that I actually achieved this, you are sadly mistaken.

I was lucky enough that the judge NoC'd my facedown MoF on the first turn and he was forced to use the third effect of all 3 Seals. (The duel was insane though, even without the orichalcos it was difficult to defeat the judge.)

BTW: I won 3 TLM packs and a T-shirt.

[/quote']

• That event took place at Comic-Con International this past July. People lined up to play against one of the UDE judges using 3 copies of "The Seal of Orichalcos"(In a chaos deck I might add) to win free packs and a T-shirt. If you managed to defeat all of the judges' date=' you would win even more prizes.

However, if you lost your picture would be taken and be placed on "The Wall of Lost Souls," or in truth, "The Wall of Shame." The problem with this event was that the wait in line could be anywhere from 1-3 hours.

- It can be discarded from the user's hand to negate a monster's summoning, the activation & effect of a s/t card or destroy an attacking monster before battle damage is applied. (It can also negate the effects of effect monsters and destroy them)

• The only way you can get rid of the seal is to use the trap card anti-spell fragrance in combination with removal cards such as dust tornado, mobius, breaker etc.

BTW: When I played on thurdsay (waited 2 hours in line!!), I somehow miraculously pulled a victory against one of the UDE judges. (But it was far from easy...believe me.)

• Anti-spell fragrance forces both players to set spells when they're activated, so then orichalcos would be a face-down field spell card. When it is face-down, it is not impervious to s/t removal. So it is open season with dust tornado, mobius etc.

And if anyone is thinking that I actually achieved this, you are sadly mistaken.

I was lucky enough that the judge NoC'd my facedown MoF on the first turn and he was forced to use the third effect of all 3 Seals. (The duel was insane though, even without the orichalcos it was difficult to defeat the judge.)

[/quote']

Ah, it looks like the UD Employees, altered some of the effects to allow the participates a mild chance to destroy the seal. This card was just made for fun, never was going to be a promo.

Can't believe it took 5 years for actual visual proof, although the picture of the actual card is crappy, would like to know what the card number was, what was the bottom text where the serial number is suspose to be, and if they called it a 1st Edition or Limited Edition, because you can see the gold holo, so its got to be one of those.

Seems a bit overpowered. Removing the opponent's soul inhibits them too greatly in the next duel of the match.

I love you at times Crab. I think I can truly fall in love with you. XD

Ne' way...

Orif*ckyou is...>_>

on DMU, it's on there..but you can't even use it even if you make a Traditional Deck XD

I found the card info:

Here is the information on the "The Seal of Orichalcos" that was played at the Duel the Master events in 2005.

The Seal of Orichalcos

Field Spell Card

This Spell Card is impervious to negation, destruction, and removal. Increase the ATK power of all your monsters by 500. You control a back row of monsters that cannot be attacked while a monster is in the front row. Send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate and destroy any card. The soul of whichever Duelist loses this Duel is forfeit to the winner.

Edition: LIMITED EDITION

Card Number: SEAL-EN001

Text on lower left: Not an Official Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Card

Color on back of card: Teal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT EXPLAINS IT EVERYONE. The card was made and is real (although in my opinion they could of done a better job with the lore). It's just not in any record book in the Konami database. Its real but not real. : p

Seems a bit overpowered. Removing the opponent's soul inhibits them too greatly in the next duel of the match.

Aren't spare souls allowed in the Side Deck?

Yes, but this card risks removing the sided souls, and if you lose those your Side Deck cannot be restored to its original composition after the match, which means that losing a single match against this card leads to elimination from the tournament.

Yes' date=' but this card risks removing the sided souls, and if you lose those your Side Deck cannot be restored to its original composition after the match, which means that losing a single match against this card leads to elimination from the tournament.

[/quote']

I couldn't explain it better myself.

Yes' date=' but this card risks removing the sided souls, and if you lose those your Side Deck cannot be restored to its original composition after the match, which means that losing a single match against this card leads to elimination from the tournament.

[/quote']

what, you don't have a second soul already in place to save yourself?

I've got 3 extras, one for each layer.

[/quote']

I WANT THAT CARD!

I would put it in the front of my binder, and show it off to everyone.

[justify]This Spell Card is impervious to negation' date=' destruction, and removal. Increase the ATK power of all your monsters by 500. You control a back row of monsters that cannot be attacked while a monster is in the front row. Send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate and destroy any card. The soul of whichever Duelist loses this Duel is forfeit to the winner.[/i'][/justify]

I'm interpreting this as:

[justify]"The effect of this card cannot be negated, and it cannot be destroyed or removed from the field. All monsters you control gain 500 ATK. You may treat all your Spell & Trap Card Zones as Monster Card Zones. Monsters in the Spell & Trap Card Zones cannot be attacked while you control a monster in your Monster Card Zone. You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate the Summon of any monster and destroy it, or negate the activation of any card effect and destroy it. The loser of the Duel loses the Match."[/justify]

*sobs uncontrollably when done reading*

WE'RE SCREWED, WE'RE funking SCREWED.....IT'S ALL OVER.

*falls down dead*

Anyhow, if it does come out, with all effects, the whole religious community would probaly declare war on Konami. Then we would all have to choose between Konami and our faiths. Then we'd fight in a war. Konami would win, and then they don't have to censor anything. Yay. Anyhow, LS would abuse the sheet out of this.

Archived