What we should change in the next ban list.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay all i have to say is that judging by the number of banned and limited cards (theirs a couple hundred now) yugioh rules need to seriously reevaluated and rewritten the cards are not fault at the core rules are. Most of them are to vague it is the loop holes in the core rules that every one is exploiting.

Welcome to the YCCGEE, where we have added 3 simple rules that make the game nice and balanced ^^

Guest PikaPerson01

Okay all i have to say is that judging by the number of banned and limited cards (theirs a couple hundred now) yugioh rules need to seriously reevaluated and rewritten the cards are not fault at the core rules are. Most of them are to vague it is the loop holes in the core rules that every one is exploiting.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. No one is exploiting any "loop hole". They're doing exactly what the card says' date=' and if the card is telling them they get to "destroy all cards on the field except for this one" then... that's the effect. There's no loophole there.

[spoiler= VK's spin on the ban list]

New Limited Cards:

JD

BWW

Brionic

Vayu

MoF

Tskuyomi

New Semi Cards:

Level Limit-Area B

Gladiator Beast Bestiari

Honest

Celestia

Sangan

Solemn

New Unlimited:

Chaos Sorcerer

You have no idea what you're talking about either. I stopped reading at limited JD and assumed the rest was utter fail.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The problems aren't with the core rules, the problems are with the cards themselves. Konami seems to have dug themselves a hole by making horribly broken cards and then not committing to fixing their mistakes by banning them quickly. This leads to power creep in order to justify buying more cards, which means the cards get even more broken, ect...

[spoiler=Larry's Format]

Newly Banned

Heavy Storm No. Just No.

Newly Limited

Judgment Dragon If it's broken at 2' date=' it's broken at 1 and should be banned. Period.[/b']

Gladiator Beast Gyzarius Good for understanding Bestiari wasn't the problem.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary Already will be Limited

Black Whirlwind I personally would ban this, but I suppose BW players would go into an uproar.

Blackwing-Vayu the Emblem of Honor Yes.

Magician of Faith I like this. See how Magician of Faith would change the game before moving it to Semi or at 3.

Delta Crow - Anti Reverse Not really....

Celestia, Lightsworn Angel I'm a little iffy on where this card should go.

Newly Semi-Limited

Tragoedia Should be at the same position as Gorz.

Level Limit-Area B Eh, no.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari Yes.

Honest It really doesn't need a hit as much as it needs a ruling change.

Newly Unlimited

Chaos Sorcerer Hmm.....

*prepares to get flamed by the metaplayers*

I find that Yugioh's power creep is slightly odd.

Most of the banned cards are from the early game.

If anything, it's Decks working better and having a wider choice of cards to achieve their aims, not just individual broken cards, that is how Yugiohs power creep is coming about. It seems like an unavoidable outcome when a card pool grows larger and Decks gain access instantly to cards that will support their type or attribute. The Decks will always get better unless the support is mostly un-runnable, so old cards will fall behind if they don't have a place in the new Decks.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I find that Yugioh's power creep is slightly odd.

Most of the banned cards are from the early game.

If anything' date=' it's Decks working better and having a wider choice of cards to achieve their aims, not just individual broken cards, that is how Yugiohs power creep is coming about. It seems like an unavoidable outcome when a card pool grows larger and Decks gain access instantly to cards that will support their type or attribute. The Decks will always get better unless the support is mostly un-runnable, so old cards will fall behind if they don't have a place in the new Decks.

[/quote']

I guess I stated it wrongly. The overall power creep is there, and the power creep of archetypes (at least, those that are actually playable) is there too, but it's true that earlier cards could be considered more broken than the cards being released now, but that's just the advent of having a developing game.

This is just my kinda personal banlist:

Banned:

Demise

BWW

JD

Gyzarous

Chimeratechs (both)

Limited:

Vayu

Tragoedia

BfaDD

Raging Mad Plants

Semi:

Future Fusion

ARA

Honest

Bestari

Supervise

E-Tele

unlimited:

RotA!!!!

Lonefire (I luv plants)

But that's just my stupid opinion....

reply if u want.

You guys are terribly conservative with the banhammer. Oh' date=' and if your list contains more cards newly Semi-Limited than Banned, get your ass back to CC.

[/quote']

your opinion. I don't really care. The list is just an opinion anyways. >__>

god.

If you don't care, you should get your ass back to CC. We're all capable of using Shriek (hopefully), this isn't a goddam TCG News Section. The rest are opinions, so you'll have to get used to them and that certain opinions which make no sense whatsoever are frowned upon or get your ass back to CC.

Just sayin'.

has anyone banned DAD on their fake list's yet?

and personally, i think they should restrict the most played cards so that the game can change a little. so all meta decks should get hit, and maybe some of the generic synchros(stardust,brionac)

with something like chimeratechs, as powerful as they are, aren't getting played very much, and that's why i think they are fine at 3.

You guys are terribly conservative with the banhammer. Oh' date=' and if your list contains more cards newly Semi-Limited than Banned, get your ass back to CC.

[/quote']

god.

If you don't care no, I just don't care abot you., you should get your ass back to CC no.... We're all capable of using Shriek (hopefully) I can use it too einstein, this isn't a goddam TCG News Section. The rest are opinions no duh, so you'll have to get used to them and that certain opinions which make no sense whatsoever are frowned upon I've been here for a year, your just not making it beneficial here, you're just saying "you're stupid. GTFO" when you should just say what is your reasoning. or get your ass back to CC and no.

Just sayin'. but not being beneficial.

I don't care for your opinion :D

what konami should do is look at what is winning the meta level tourneys, and what the key cards to that win are, find if removing them make a huge difference or not, and make ban list changes accordingly.

then they should look at what's coming down the pipe in the next sets, and think about what these new cards could do for the meta decks, in order to be sure they don't just re-create the problem.

bans should matter, and un-banning cards should not make a huge difference in what the tourney level decks play much more than personal preference.

by which I mean, if say, 1000 eyes restrict was un-banned, it wouldn't change much of today's meta other than make a new deck, which frankly would not do all that well with all the monster destruction we have running around, since metamorphosis is still banned, and there is a lack of fusion cards made just for him, making quite hard to summon consistantly with game winning effect.

unfortunely, they do not. while part of this is from the fact they are a bussness and they need/want to make a profit, another is from the fact that the TCG pool and the OCG are different on top of the fact they have a half-assed team doing it.

[/quote']

god.

If you don't care no, I just don't care abot you., you should get your ass back to CC no.... We're all capable of using Shriek (hopefully) I can use it too einstein, this isn't a goddam TCG News Section. The rest are opinions no duh, so you'll have to get used to them and that certain opinions which make no sense whatsoever are frowned upon I've been here for a year, your just not making it beneficial here, you're just saying "you're stupid. GTFO" when you should just say what is your reasoning. or get your ass back to CC and no.

Right, so when all you do is post News when Shriek is clicks away and spout nonsensical opinions including but not Limited to only Limiting Judgment Dragon, people run out of patience to spoonfeed you.

Cards that're bad for the game don't magically become not bad for the game by Semi-Limiting or Limiting them unless they interact with other copies of themselves in an unacceptable manner. That's basic. That's what I expect you to know by now in the year and thousands of posts that you've been here.

The rest is identifying the cards that're bad for the game. I recognize that this's harder, but if you can't recognize why cards whose benefits outweigh their costs as much as cards like Judgment Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon do are bad for the balance of the game, we've got a problem.

[/quote']

god.

Right, so when all you do is post News when Shriek is clicks away and spout nonsensical opinions including but not Limited to only Limiting Judgment Dragon, people run out of patience to spoonfeed you. We already know this, just like we already know these are a bunch of a opinions. Especially yours.

Cards that're bad for the game don't magically become not bad for the game by Semi-Limiting or Limiting them unless they interact with other copies of themselves in an unacceptable manner. That's basic. That's what I expect you to know by now in the year and thousands of posts that you've been here. I already know this. You just gave out info already known for a long time. Thanks for wasting about a minute or two to type this.

The rest is identifying the cards that're bad for the game. I recognize that this's harder, but if you can't recognize why cards whose benefits outweigh their costs as much as cards like Judgment Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon do are bad for the balance of the game, we've got a problem. The only problem is you're not giving anything beneficial to the thread, just saying that you need to ban the right cards, but there is no such thing as a perfect meta. There probably never be a time when all Decks have a fair chance. And the fact it's everybodies opinion.

Give your list, why don't ya?

Newly Banned:

JD

DAD

Stardust

BWW

Rescue Cat

Treeborn

Demise

Gyzarous

Chimeratech(both)

Stratos

Mind Control

Brain Control

Cold Wave

Broniac

Newly Limited

Rekindling

Wulf

Vayu

Five Headed Dragon

Magician of Faith

BfaDD

Tragoedia

Newly Semi

Celestia

Destiny Draw

Cyber Dragon

Summoner Monk

The Transmigration Prophecy

Honest

Bestiari

Supervise

Future Fusion

Newly Unlimited

RotA

Chaos Sorcerer(Lets see how that goes...)

Metamorphosis

Overload Fusion

Let the whining begin.

Newly Banned:

JD

DAD

Stardust

BWW

Rescue Cat

Treeborn

Demise

Gyzarous

Chimeratech

Stratos

Mind Control

Brain Control

Cold Wave

Newly Limited

Rekindling

Wulf

Vayu

Five Headed Dragon

Magician of Faith

BfaDD

Tragoedia

Newly Semi

Celestia

Destiny Draw

Cyber Dragon

Summoner Monk

Honest

Bestiari

Supervise

Future Fusion

Newly Unlimited

RotA

Metamorphosis

Let the whining begin.

my only problems are metamorphosis and stratos.

Newly Banned:

JD

DAD

Stardust

BWW

Rescue Cat

Treeborn

Demise

Gyzarous

Chimeratech

Stratos

Mind Control

Brain Control

Cold Wave

Newly Limited

Rekindling

Wulf

Vayu

Five Headed Dragon

Magician of Faith

BfaDD

Tragoedia

Newly Semi

Celestia

Destiny Draw

Cyber Dragon

Summoner Monk

Honest

Bestiari

Supervise

Future Fusion

Newly Unlimited

RotA

Metamorphosis

Let the whining begin.

my only problems are metamorphosis and stratos.

There's no reason why RotA has to suffer because of Stratos. It was on the edge of being banned anyway. Metamophosis has absolutely no effect on this format whatsoever. It was broken back in the day, but now it needs to come out of the ban closet.

Archived