What we should change in the next ban list.

Yeah Flame, Gyzarus should go, but then GB's become bad. And I'd rather have gb's fine rather than LS and blackwings.

What YCM's "meta haters" must understand is that if you get rid of the current meta, another one will emerge whether that is in the form of monarchs or something else. You can never balance all decks out, there will always be a best deck for you to complain about.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X-L: Why is it that any opinion flies under the radar and can't be responded to, criticized or praised in any way simply because it's an opinion? "I THINK WE SHOULD KILL ALL JEWISH PEOPLE" isn't an okay opinion to have. In the same light, "opinions" which show no understanding of what others have been trying to tell you for about a year now or stubborn ignorance towards the opinions we're trying to have you understand without any sort of explanation as to why you don't accept our opinions as you consistently demonstrate gets old after a while.

I'd post my banlist but it's ridiculously massive and furthermore, I'm procrastinating the hell out of it. 8)

Yeah Flame' date=' Gyzarus should go, but then GB's become bad. And I'd rather have gb's fine rather than LS and blackwings.

What YCM's "meta haters" must understand is that if you get rid of the current meta, another one will emerge whether that is in the form of monarchs or something else. You can never balance all decks out, there will always be a best deck for you to complain about.

[/quote']

You apparently have no idea of why we even have a banlist in the first place. It's to create an environment in which the strongest Decks (or "the meta" if you will) actually takes skill to do well in, a game where you can't win instantly by drawing into a trump card or combo, but a game in which you eventually overcome your opponent by gaining advantage through skilled plays and win over a relatively elongated period of time.

The goal is to have the "meta" that emerges be a skilled environment.

X-L: Why is it that any opinion flies under the radar and can't be responded to' date=' criticized or praised in any way simply because it's an opinion? "I THINK WE SHOULD KILL ALL JEWISH PEOPLE" isn't an okay opinion to have. In the same light, "opinions" which show no understanding of what others have been trying to tell you for about a year now or stubborn ignorance towards the opinions we're trying to have you understand without any sort of explanation as to why you don't accept our opinions as you consistently demonstrate gets old after a while.

I'd post my banlist but it's ridiculously massive and furthermore, I'm procrastinating the hell out of it. 8)

Yeah Flame, Gyzarus should go, but then GB's become bad. And I'd rather have gb's fine rather than LS and blackwings.

You apparently have no idea of why we even have a banlist in the first place. It's to create an environment in which the strongest Decks (or "the meta" if you will) actually takes skill to do well in, a game where you can't win instantly by drawing into a trump card or combo, but a game in which you eventually overcome your opponent by gaining advantage through skilled plays and win over a relatively elongated period of time.

Under that logic, Exodia should be banned. I'm gonna go ahead an assume that's on your list. I guess it does leave the door wide open for some draw power otk...

X-L: Why is it that any opinion flies under the radar and can't be responded to' date=' criticized or praised in any way simply because it's an opinion? "I THINK WE SHOULD KILL ALL JEWISH PEOPLE" isn't an okay opinion to have. In the same light, "opinions" which show no understanding of what others have been trying to tell you for about a year now or stubborn ignorance towards the opinions we're trying to have you understand without any sort of explanation as to why you don't accept our opinions as you consistently demonstrate gets old after a while.

Under that logic, Exodia should be banned. I'm gonna go ahead an assume that's on your list. I guess it does leave the door wide open for some draw power otk...

Good 3-0 lists ban Exodia.

Yeah Flame' date=' Gyzarus should go, but then GB's become bad. And I'd rather have gb's fine rather than LS and blackwings.

[/quote']

At least Monarchs were fun to play with. And against.

The site explains that they want more Deck Diversity, but fails to explain why we see nothing but BW, LS, GB and Zombies in the T16...

**Thinks for a moment as prepares to get insults opinions for this**

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Kimeratech Fortress Dragon

-Vayu

-Mezuki

-Rekindling

-Brain Control

-Brionac Dragon of the Ice Boundary

-Elemental Hero Stratos

-Exodia The Forbidden One

-Gladiador Beast Gyzaurus

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Burial from a Different Dimention

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind

-Charge of the Light Brigade

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Celestia, Lightsworn Angel

-Destiny Draw

Newly Unlimited:

-Gladiador Beast Bestiary

-Overload Fusion

-Reinforcements of the Army

-Left Arm of the Forbidden One

-Left Leg of the Forbidden One

-Right Arm of the Forbidden One

-Right Leg of the Forbidden One

-Lonefire Blossom

I'm sure I forgot some cards -_-"

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Black Wirlwind

-Vayu

-Brain Control

-Elemental Hero Stratos

-Rekindling

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Magician of Faith

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Celestia' date=' Lightsworn Angel

-Destiny Draw

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

I'm not sure about Mezuki (stay?, banned? semi? un?), also, I'm sure I forgot some cards -_-"

[/quote']

Nice work banning exodia but forgetting to unlimit the limbs.

I new I was forgetting something xD... I'll edit that post ^-^"

I actually really like Sleepy's list Oo

I dislike Rekindling there' date=' since I'm bias, and I don't think CotLB is completely deserving of a ban, nor BWW, but otherwise it seems good, Mez should be at least limited IMO

[/quote']

I think I'll move all those to Limited for now it that list, add Mezuki and....let's see more opinions.

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Vayu

-Brain Control

-Elemental Hero Stratos

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Mezuki

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind

-Rekindling

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Destiny Draw

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

[/quote']

Is gyzarus really that much of a problem? Glads can't play without it, and Bestiari can go to 2 and it still won't be broken. It's a much needed part of the archetype.

personally I think Lonefire should go back to 3. I havn't seen plants even get near being close to the top and only thing I can see right now is that maybe give Gemini abit of a boost by getting Giga out.

I want my plant deck back :( I miss playing it but it's not as fun to play with 2 lonefires.

Glads can't play without Gyzarus? True, they're seriously weaker, but they can still beat the asses of CBs, Cloudains and so many other non top-tier Decks.

Heck, my Ab-0 GB Deck that tech's some odd stuff probably has enough destruction to stand up without him to at least tier 2ish.

Exodia Decks tend to be boring to play against and are way too luck-based IMO to be legal.

Nowadays, playing Exodia is hard.

A friend of mine hadn't played in this format yet, and his Exodia Deck was fairly decent the last format.

He even lost to me playing an awful Deck, playing like a retard, negating Legacy with Bribe 'n lols like that.

Newly Banned:

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind

-Rekindling

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

With Konami's logic, the Chimeratechs would stay as is.

Magician of Faith @1 seems like fun. Same with RotA @3.

Overload @3 <3

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Vayu

-Brain Control

-Elemental Hero Stratos

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Mezuki

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind

-Rekindling

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Destiny Draw

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

-Lonefire Blossom

[/quote']

Wulf is broken beyong belief and should be limited if not banned. Why not put FGD to limited and bump FF to 2? And what about banning Cold Wave? (I would mention Stardust, but it seems the entire YCM populace is on my ass about that...)

I forgot to ban Gorz ⌐_⌐" (I'm ifffy on that)

What about Honest?

Hes effectivly the same thing

A card which gives strong support to a specific attribute and has its own OTK possibilities is not the same as a card which makes players think carefully about attacking an empty field and encourages slightly more conservative play.

IMO' date=' Gorz should always be un-banned, Honest is a different debate.[hr']

Why not put FGD to limited and bump FF to 2?

FF Fusion is also to some extent abusable with Worm Zero and anything that's supposed to have tough summon requirements. I'd rather see it rest @1, where it's usable but not consistent enough to make Decks that are a threat.

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Vayu

-Brain Control

-Elemental Hero Stratos

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Mezuki

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind

-Rekindling

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Destiny Draw[/b']

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

-Lonefire Blossom

Unless your using Konami's logic, which it doesn't look like, please tell me why the bold cards are where they are.

Newly Banned:

-Dark Armed Dragon

-Judgement Dragon

-Kimeratech Overdragon

-Vayu Effects of this nature shouldn't be around to begin with. You don't only not loose any card advantage from using it as it activates while resting in the Graveyard' date=' but unlike other card effects that activate while resting in the Graveyard but are not listed here, this card makes a conciderable difference as it magically pops up giant beatsticks. (New Ritual Spells are barely a 1 turn/1 shot defense, Necro Gardna is not broken either as it only negates 1 attack 1 time, Ritual Fiends are for Rituals, a game mechanic that is itself a - ,etc). Also, card effects with discarding costs for balance now can be taken advantage of, pretty much canceling a cost that was meant to be a cost.[/color']

-Brain Control

-Elemental Hero Stratos It looks like this card and its ability to search for cards like Plasma and Malicious, which where previewsly un-searchable by any other means, as well as the fact that this card is relatively searchable itself, is part of the reason why this card is limited. Its key to a draw/search engine that is not nessesarily just a draw/search engine. Also, either way you look at it, its an easy + effect, whether you search or destroy. It gives me the air that he influenced to the limitation of Rainforcements of the Army too, a card that is in no way broken. Besides, E-Heros are still on the make, I'm sure if this was banned, it could/would be replaced eventually.

-Cyber Twin Dragon

-Cyber End Dragon

Newly Limited:

-Burial from a Different Dimention Due to its easy splashability and chainability, and the cards it can interact with. Recycles Mezuki, Vayu, Necro Gardna, Plaguespreader, Malicious(this one if you can put the other one back in the Deck), etc, and some of its targets already hurt the game by themselves. I would say its effect is not the problem by itself as much, but its targets, but just to try and see what happens.

-Mezuki For this card, pretty much I would say what I said about Vayu.

-Magician of Faith

-Black Wirlwind Its not bad to have search effects for specific archtypes, the problem is when the search is continous unlike with RotA. Although after you used the card the first time you get an extra monster, you will have no extra use for this card for the remainer of the turn, after that 1 time it starts to only be +, + and +. The ammount of advantage it gets is not reasonbable and it can search for pretty much any BW in the same way Witch of the Black Forest can search for most things in most Decks. If used in 3s like now, the advantage is ridiculous. At 1 is still the temporal search for BW until something more balanced comes (although it should be in the banned section rather than limited to tell the truth)

-Charge of the Light Brigade If you forget about the milling part of the archtype, depending on luck is another drawback for Lightsworns. This card adds a lot more concistency to the top tier Deck based on luck, and increasing its lucky chance of winning faster basically. Having it or not has made a difference in the Decks I've seen around (at least, before vacations :P ). It gives OTK potensial. I put it in Limited to see what people would tell me.

-Rekindling Another instant massive card advantage gaining effect. In the right Deck, you will get up to the materials to 2.5 Synchro Summons with 1 card and will do it relatively concistently. I'll emphasise in the right Deck before I get a reply just to point out that theme specific support doesn't mean it can't be broken.

Newly Semi-Limited:

-Cyber Dragon

-Celestia, Lightsworn Angel I don't actually have solid prove that comes to mind for Cyber Dragon and Celestia at the moment, instead I'll just wait for someone to give me their reasoning as to why they agree/don't agree. There aren't many reasons to justify a Semi-limit as much as there are for limit/banning.

-Destiny Draw

Newly Unlimited:

-Overload Fusion

-Lonefire Blossom

Unless your using Konami's logic, which it doesn't look like, please tell me why the bold cards are where they are.

I'm going to try. I really based the list on opinions from other members I read that I saw reasonable.

**Waits to be flamed/proven wrong/both by multiple users**

Archived